Author Topic: PJ golden point  (Read 3818 times)

PJ golden point
« on: June 14, 2008, 09:07:50 AM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 10:31:22 AM by Hrvoje »

Re: PJ golden point
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 10:33:27 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Nice one.

If I remember the end of that play correctly though, the ball clanked off the rim like it was made of metal.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 11:03:10 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Hmmm...guess I had the wrong dunk attempt that he clanked.  From Bob Ryan's piece today:

Any good Celtics fan will want to grab the tape. And when you do, here are some of the highlights:

Paul Pierce making a lefthanded block and retrieval of a Kobe Bryant jumper to send Ray Allen off for two free throws after a fast-break foul; Pierce's ferocious and positively Baylorish up-and-under drive for a 3-point play; Eddie House rifling a no-look pass to James Posey for a layup; P.J. Brown's emphatic quarter-ending dunk on a great Pierce feed over Kobe (you should have heard my normally businesslike colleague, Marc Spears, yell "Boom!"); House's in-your-face, go-ahead right corner jumper; Allen's acrobatic, Dr. J-like baseline reverse drive; Kevin Garnett's right-to-left stroll into the lane for a jumper that caressed the rim tenderly before gently falling through the net; Posey's nerveless left corner three to make it 92-87 with 1:13 left; and Allen's isolation abuse of Sasha Vujacic, when he made a late right-to-left cut after seeing 7-foot Pau Gasol coming, switching to the left hand, and thus using the rim as an ally to prevent Gasol from blocking his shot.
Yup

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 11:48:31 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Have you thought about making
bootleg t-shirts with this?
Would be kinda cool, I think.
But...let's get that 4th win first  ;)