Author Topic: Would Ainge go after Bosh to stick it to Riley?  (Read 3355 times)

Re: Would Ainge go after Bosh to stick it to Riley?
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2016, 09:40:48 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Ainge should go after Bosh because he can help the team and would be making a minimal salary.
and bosh's health and life?

NHL players have been playing with a more severe version of Bosh's career for years. If Bosh, his family, and his doctor don't see a significant risk, then I'm fine with it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2016, 10:49:03 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
If Ainge did want to do it just to stick it to Riley, then health isn't much of a concern. You simply start Bosh for the first 30 seconds of the first 25 games next year and then sit him the rest of the season.

I don't think Ainge will do it just to stick it to Riley. But will someone?

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2016, 10:58:53 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Does someone know the answer to this?

Say the Heat do get Bosh's salary off the books in Feb 2017, then sign a max contract in the summer of 2017. What happens if any team signs Bosh during the summer and he actually plays the 25 games thereafter? It wouldn't impact the max signing at all, so I'm guessing it would just be an extreme salary hit? I wouldn't think that's "sticking it to Riley" since he got his max player anyways. Instead, it's more like "sticking it to Arison".