Author Topic: Cavaliers (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game 2 5/9/24  (Read 10816 times)

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 606
People are gonna rev up the "Fire Joe" thread but again, players are missing wide open 3s, the individual defense has absolutely sucked and it's the same core for the most part that's choked it in recent years. Donovan Mitchell torched us even in the Ime and Stevens' years. At some point you might just have to look at the players. Using only coaching is just an excuse for the players.

Players are 75% of this but his linups tonight make me think he's hitting the bottle
Still don't believe in Joe.

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
People are gonna rev up the "Fire Joe" thread but again, players are missing wide open 3s, the individual defense has absolutely sucked and it's the same core for the most part that's choked it in recent years. Donovan Mitchell torched us even in the Ime and Stevens' years. At some point you might just have to look at the players. Using only coaching is just an excuse for the players.

Wow, 7-30 3PTAs

Yeah, and most of them are actually wide open. Is Mazzulla supposed to do something about that specifically? It's not like they're jacking them up all night, 30 is pretty normal league wide
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • Believe in Boston
Celtics are in big trouble in this series

They can’t guard Mitchell. And that’s not going to change
I agree, I said Celtics in 6 before series started but now be lucky to win

Lol these non-sensical hot takes are hilarious. The exact same things were bing said after game two in Miami  ::)

Miami doesn’t have Mitchell
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1474
This really does feel just like game 2 vs Miami..
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!
Sadly the way this is trending, it'll be 2-2 with a home Game 5 and boy, have we had "fun" in home Game 5s the last few years...

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 188
Not even Orlando let Cleveland win a game on their home court….oh and Paola pretty much played better then Tatum has

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Huh. Missed the Q3.

Not the scoreline I expected to find.

Unfortunately I'm not surprised. We're an awful home team and other teams know we let up whenever we get ahead. It's in our DNA at this point.

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 943

We’re still going to win in 6. We had a crap game. It sucks, but we always have a crap game early in the series. Mitchell is incredible, but we’re simply a better team.

Healthiest thing to do is to sign off and come back in a day or two.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970
Cleveland as a team is shooting 57% for the game. This is not Mitchell, it's the Celtics defense as a whole. Inexcusable effort on defense and on the glass.

Pretty much this. While we haven't been great offensively and they've clearly sold out tonight on taking away the threes instead of solely just stopping Tatum, it's been our defense that has lost us this game. Just from the get-go we clearly were not as engaged and intense on defense as we needed to be, allowing them to get going. It's the story of this team - they win several in a row and get complacent, and the effort falls, especially when missing shots.

Pair that with questionable rotation decisions, and that's a recipe for disaster.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 981
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

**** this board is the absolute worst when Celtics lose a game.

There is no way we can win a series if we lose a single game at home!

This is not an acceptable game. C's played lazy tonight, didn't play a lick of defense. Shots never came and they just stopped playing completely.
Why?

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1614
how can we be so bad at home with this crowd and tradition. mind blown.

and STRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS with the dagger

game has been over

we are beaten mentally
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
I don't get this team. Best record in the NBA, best home record, up 1-0 and a chance to put a stranglehold on the series by going up 2-0 and they put themselves in a really bad position going to Cleveland for 2 games. No desire to win, lazy defense and shot selection. Tatum, Brown no shows.  This could very easily be 3-1 Cleveland coming back for game 5.

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!
Mitchell has 29, but the Cavs have 4 others with 12+ points too. If you let those guys also get theirs, it'll be a very long series.

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 188
Derrick white has an off game and we are barely competitive

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1614
oh well at least round 1 only went 5 instead of 6 last year against the hawks. LOL

altho we shoulda swept miami.

have to win home games if u wanna win a title.

it is like we do not know what HCA is

u would swear we play in a corn field in iowa the HCA sucks so bad pathetic
LET'S GO CELTICS!