Author Topic: Wiggins upset with 'role,'  (Read 3068 times)

Re: Wiggins upset with 'role,'
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 04:40:21 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Whoa. @DWolfsonKSTP just said on @1500ESPN that Wiggins has “whispered to teammates” that he’s unhappy being a third option behind Butler and Towns.

This guy...

Wiggins isn't a good player. He isn't a good enough scorer to justify not only his usage, but the fact he's even starting... Doesn't pass, not a great defender despite his athleticism, nor does he even hustle. He was overrated entering the NBA, and it's become clear who he is as a player (not an All-Star). He's lucky to even be considered the 3rd option on a playoff team...

Even Carmelo has been putting up better numbers, and twice the amount of win shares, despite the W/L on each team's records.

Remember when Wiggins was touted as "the next great player"?

I heard people telling me he'd become the next LeBron James.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 04:45:49 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Our mock trade deadline had Wiggins plus assets going to the Hornets for Walker and Batum.

Might be a decent trade framework as a reset for the Hornets.

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 05:03:08 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Whoa. @DWolfsonKSTP just said on @1500ESPN that Wiggins has “whispered to teammates” that he’s unhappy being a third option behind Butler and Towns.

This guy...

Wiggins isn't a good player. He isn't a good enough scorer to justify not only his usage, but the fact he's even starting... Doesn't pass, not a great defender despite his athleticism, nor does he even hustle. He was overrated entering the NBA, and it's become clear who he is as a player (not an All-Star). He's lucky to even be considered the 3rd option on a playoff team...

Even Carmelo has been putting up better numbers, and twice the amount of win shares, despite the W/L on each team's records.

Remember when Wiggins was touted as "the next great player"?

I heard people telling me he'd become the next LeBron James.

I heard that too. I think I also heard that he'd be the biggest ATHLETE since Tiger Woods.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 05:32:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

This guy...

Monk .....all those things you pointed out .....points to one thing ......

he is ready made Laker  ;D

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 05:35:20 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Woah, you guys are way off about Wiggins' trade value. He is definitely not the worst contract in the NBA. A 23 year old starter who still has a lot of potential? Yes he has a lot of holes in his game, but the upside is there, and he has shown he can score. Plus he (along with Towns) is incredibly durable. He has started every game except 1 in his 4 year career, and has averaged over 35 minutes every year.

Look how much I got for him in our Mock Deadline here. I was able to get rid of Shabazz Muhammed, and picked up Kemba Walker and a 1st. I did however have to take on Nic Batum, who by the way, has a wayyy worse contract than Wiggins.

That being said, he is a fool for saying this. Why would you sign a max deal if you didn't want to be the 3rd option? He already knew Butler and KAT were on the team. It's ok to want to be the man, but not when you just chose to sign a max extension and nothing has changed.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 05:40:57 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

This guy...

Monk .....all those things you pointed out .....points to one thing ......

he is ready made Laker  ;D

Lol, it seems that way.

Woah, you guys are way off about Wiggins' trade value. He is definitely not the worst contract in the NBA. A 23 year old starter who still has a lot of potential? Yes he has a lot of holes in his game, but the upside is there, and he has shown he can score. Plus he (along with Towns) is incredibly durable. He has started every game except 1 in his 4 year career, and has averaged over 35 minutes every year.

Look how much I got for him in our Mock Deadline here. I was able to get rid of Shabazz Muhammed, and picked up Kemba Walker and a 1st. I did however have to take on Nic Batum, who by the way, has a wayyy worse contract than Wiggins.

That being said, he is a fool for saying this. Why would you sign a max deal if you didn't want to be the 3rd option? He already knew Butler and KAT were on the team. It's ok to want to be the man, but not when you just chose to sign a max extension and nothing has changed.

I could understand if he was putting up stellar numbers, but his numbers are slightly above pedestrian.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2018, 06:32:45 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Brown and Tatum will be far better players

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2018, 06:59:55 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Brown and Tatum will be far better players

Considering Tatum was Ainge's pick all along, and that Brown was someone that Ainge followed at UCLA for a while, I would wager to believe that Ainge was never that high on Wiggins from the start. I think the only person he actually showed some vague interest was Embiid. And I wouldn't be surprised, who else wouldn't?

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2018, 07:05:38 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
They should've traded for a high level shooter and draft picks before locking him into that max deal.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2018, 07:08:25 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
They should've traded for a high level shooter and draft picks before locking him into that max deal.

As someone said, I could see the Wolves trying to go after a point guard upgrade.

Walker+Batum for Wiggins makes sense. Gives the Hornets the wing they were looking for, and allows them to finally re-build entirely.

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2018, 07:20:41 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
This is a peculiar thing to say for someone whose current role is "unrepentant gunner who doesn't pass, rebound or defend."

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2018, 07:33:52 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!

As someone said, I could see the Wolves trying to go after a point guard upgrade.

Walker+Batum for Wiggins makes sense. Gives the Hornets the wing they were looking for, and allows them to finally re-build entirely.

Not a fan of Walker or Batum's fit with Butler and Towns. You need an off ball threat that's comfortable being a 3rd option. An ideal - albeit unrealistic - player would be Klay Thompson.  That need someone in that mold.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2018, 07:43:11 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Throw in Howard and Marvin too. Hell trade the whole Hornets roster.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Re: Wiggins unhappy in role
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2018, 08:59:14 PM »

Offline CelticsBR

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Wiggins isn't feeling being the 3rd wheel behind KAT and Butler.

Ainge, it's time to put a call in and see what the asking price is.

He's only at $7M with an expiring deal.

Are him and Brown in essence the same player?

He is probably the worse contract in the NBA right now, owned 150 kk for the next 5 seasons

Eh... I think Parsons is still the worst, when you take into account his injury history and any risk associated with him. And the fact he is gonna get paid for 3 more years at a max contract lol.

Chandler is owed 50kk for the 2 seasons beyond this one and then he is done. Wiggins is owed 52kk and 100k for the 3 seasons beyond it.

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2018, 09:20:48 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Not a fan of Walker or Batum's fit with Butler and Towns. You need an off ball threat that's comfortable being a 3rd option. An ideal - albeit unrealistic - player would be Klay Thompson.  That need someone in that mold.

It's not that unrealistic since Love was 'almost' traded for Thompson (GSW reportedly wasn't interested), but instead traded for Wiggins. I guess GSW was right in their assessment.

Not a fan of Wiggins current game, but I imagine the potential is still there. He needs a coach to instill discipline in his game - I thought Thibs was going to be that guy.