Author Topic: Wiggins upset with 'role,'  (Read 3066 times)

Wiggins upset with 'role,'
« on: March 14, 2018, 03:02:22 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Whoa. @DWolfsonKSTP just said on @1500ESPN that Wiggins has “whispered to teammates” that he’s unhappy being a third option behind Butler and Towns.

This guy...

Wiggins isn't a good player. He isn't a good enough scorer to justify not only his usage, but the fact he's even starting... Doesn't pass, not a great defender despite his athleticism, nor does he even hustle. He was overrated entering the NBA, and it's become clear who he is as a player (not an All-Star). He's lucky to even be considered the 3rd option on a playoff team...

Even Carmelo has been putting up better numbers, and twice the amount of win shares, despite the W/L on each team's records.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Wiggins upset with 'role,'
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 03:07:43 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Good luck moving that contract.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 03:08:21 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Whoa. @DWolfsonKSTP just said on @1500ESPN that Wiggins has “whispered to teammates” that he’s unhappy being a third option behind Butler and Towns.

This guy...

Wiggins isn't a good player. He isn't a good enough scorer to justify not only his usage, but the fact he's even starting... Doesn't pass, not a great defender despite his athleticism, nor does he even hustle. He was overrated entering the NBA, and it's become clear who he is as a player (not an All-Star). He's lucky to even be considered the 3rd option on a playoff team...

Even Carmelo has been putting up better numbers, and twice the amount of win shares, despite the W/L on each team's records.

Remember when Wiggins was touted as "the next great player"?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 03:10:35 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

This guy...

remember how people criticized Danny for thinking that there isn't a generational player in that draft?

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 03:13:20 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

This guy...

remember how people criticized Danny for thinking that there isn't a generational player in that draft?

This guy...

That is why Danny is the GM, and we're not lol.

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 03:15:38 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Is it possible for a player to be both a star and a scrub at the same time? Because Wiggins really feels like he's hit that sweet spot.

Embiid, though

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 03:18:37 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

This guy...

you mean the one with Joel Embiid.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 03:22:35 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Is it possible for a player to be both a star and a scrub at the same time? Because Wiggins really feels like he's hit that sweet spot.

Embiid, though

The fact that he didn't want to originally sign the max at first, proves how delusional he has been during his time with the Wolves.

Wiggins unhappy in role
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 04:05:31 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Wiggins isn't feeling being the 3rd wheel behind KAT and Butler.

Ainge, it's time to put a call in and see what the asking price is.

He's only at $7M with an expiring deal.

Are him and Brown in essence the same player?

Re: Wiggins unhappy in role
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 04:12:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

They're not very similar at all apart from being athletic and relatively young.

Wiggins has not consistently made a defensive impact, he seems more focused on becoming an iso scorer than developing as a shooter / playmaker / defender.

Brown is already a solid shooter, seems to be very focused on become a well rounded player, and is younger.

Wiggins is more comparable to a young Rudy Gay.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 04:14:44 PM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Does he think he's better than Butler? Because he's not. Does he think he's better than Towns? Because he's not.

BTW, Towns is only attempting 13.8 shots a game and only 4.8 FT's. That's seems insane to me. A guy with his talent both inside and outside, shouldn't they be finding ways of getting him shots in the 18-20 range?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2018, 04:14:45 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

He is not only at $7M...

He's actually getting paid max money, and he originally declined the first max contract offer, because he felt he deserved more.

Team    2017-18    2018-19    2019-20    2020-21    2021-22    2022-23
Minnesota Timberwolves    $7,574,322    $25,250,000    $27,270,000    $29,290,000    $31,310,000    $33,330,000

Signed 5-yr max salary extension beginning in 2018-19 on Wednesday, October 11, 2017.

Does he think he's better than Butler? Because he's not. Does he think he's better than Towns? Because he's not.

BTW, Towns is only attempting 13.8 shots a game and only 4.8 FT's. That's seems insane to me. A guy with his talent both inside and outside, shouldn't they be finding ways of getting him shots in the 18-20 range?

Considering Thibs is their coach, I'm not surprised this is the case.

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2018, 04:15:08 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Embiid, though

Generational talent, but degenerative health.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2018, 04:15:55 PM »

Offline CelticsBR

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35

He is probably the worse contract in the NBA right now, owned 150 kk for the next 5 seasons

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 04:19:32 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

He is probably the worse contract in the NBA right now, owned 150 kk for the next 5 seasons

Eh... I think Parsons is still the worst, when you take into account his injury history and any risk associated with him. And the fact he is gonna get paid for 3 more years at a max contract lol.