Author Topic: Lebron's loss of popularity  (Read 7353 times)

Re: Lebron's loss of popularity
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 07:22:35 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I gotta say I started disliking Lebron years before "the interview" or whatever its called.  He went from a magic johnson/michael jordan blend to a ball hog, diva who called out teammates when he shouldn't have, did his part to get silas fired since silas was teaching him all aspects of game and he loss what he did have; the pass.  When he came into the league his court vision was sooo much better, maybe his vision is still the same but he's an all about me guy now.  I hope DWade can deal with it.

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 10:05:14 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
This last until the games start playing again.

Then those Lebron band-wagoners jump back on. 

That's what people said about Tiger, too. And he's second!

because he is not winning like Tiger was.  Wait till Tiger is winning big matches again.
Personally, Tiger hasn't done anything to make me dislike him except for underperforming. I really don't care about failed marriages and famous people having affairs. He should have waited longer before marrying.

I don't think it matters that much if people hate Lebron, so long as he has enough people who want to wear his Jersey. His drop in popularity seems far more problematic than his increase in dislike.

Then again, Kobe has probably lost a lot of potential endorsement money due to how much people dislike him.

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 11:38:12 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I gotta say I started disliking Lebron years before "the interview" or whatever its called.  He went from a magic johnson/michael jordan blend to a ball hog, diva who called out teammates when he shouldn't have, did his part to get silas fired since silas was teaching him all aspects of game and he loss what he did have; the pass.  When he came into the league his court vision was sooo much better, maybe his vision is still the same but he's an all about me guy now.  I hope DWade can deal with it.

Completely agree TP. I'm really expecting a dramatic ugly scene down there eventually. There's no way those two ego-maniacs won't step on each others toes at some point. They both NEED to be "The Man" and Wade is gonna pull the Seniority card. And LBJ is just gonna see his brand and image dropping dramatically so he's gonna get desperate to make headlines as the best. This won't sit well with his teammates not to mention Riley once they see how conceited he truly is and that his agenda is all about bettering himself and his name. Can't wait to sit back and watch the fireworks. Maybe not right away neccasarily. But they all have huge egos and need to be the center of attention. I can see it ending ugly with lots of finger pointing and blame to go around. Lol can't wait..

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 11:41:39 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I used to enjoy watching Lebron play quite a bit.  He's a terrific talent, and he did some amazing things to elevate that Cleveland franchise.  However, he's been gradually adopting more and more of this "King" persona, and this summer put me over the top.  I officially don't like the guy anymore.

I do still like Wade a lot, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 11:45:41 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

because he is not winning like Tiger was.  Wait till Tiger is winning big matches again.
Personally, Tiger hasn't done anything to make me dislike him except for underperforming. I really don't care about failed marriages and famous people having affairs. He should have waited longer before marrying.

I don't think it matters that much if people hate Lebron, so long as he has enough people who want to wear his Jersey. His drop in popularity seems far more problematic than his increase in dislike.

Then again, Kobe has probably lost a lot of potential endorsement money due to how much people dislike him.
I don't think any professional athlete should get married.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 11:49:06 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I don't think any professional athlete should get married.

I'd recommend it only for the 20% or less who want to stay faithful.  Marriage is a good thing, but only when you're ready and 100% committed.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 01:20:00 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

I'm still waiting. Who says that LeBron is guaranteed to win?

Also, Kobe won plenty after his scandal and hasn't recovered...

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 04:01:29 PM »

Offline 17wasEZ

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
Lebron is still Lebron to me.  Doesn't phase me either way.  Great player though.
We all think we know more than we really do....

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 04:23:27 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164

Lol that it true...I mean he wins back to back titles and is still hated lol.  And only reason he is less hated is because those other guys have had HUGE scandals and tons media attention over the past couple years.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 04:34:40 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders

Lol that it true...I mean he wins back to back titles and is still hated lol.  And only reason he is less hated is because those other guys have had HUGE scandals and tons media attention over the past couple years.
Except for Tiger, most of those guys handle themselves in ways that we would expect to offend many. Kobe's post game interviews are very disrespectful. Other players seem to have no shame when talking to the press.

Tiger had a recent incident, but that will likely fade. I wonder if Tiger's problem is that people feel burned for having unreasonable expectations of him and for becoming to attached to an athlete. I don't see Tiger doing the things that would facilitate people maintaining their dislike.

Lebron hate might also fade. You used to have to be a pretty avid basketball fan to find Lebron offensive because he makes fun of himself in commercials and is uninsulting in public interviews. He also hasn't had any real scandals.

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2010, 12:36:17 PM »

Offline ReggieLewis#35

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
I liked the guy until i seen that incident with the  ballboy that showed his arrogance.He used to keep his mouth shut now he thinks he a real king or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjXQCT47EAc

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2010, 02:01:16 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
I used to enjoy watching Lebron play quite a bit.  He's a terrific talent, and he did some amazing things to elevate that Cleveland franchise.  However, he's been gradually adopting more and more of this "King" persona, and this summer put me over the top.  I officially don't like the guy anymore.

I do still like Wade a lot, though.

What's great about Wade is that he plays every play,
doesn't make excuses, and does not overindulge his own sense of self. 

Whats bad about Lebron is that he has somehow believed all of the Hype that ESPN and the media has manufactured.  He calls himself the king without having won a championship in 7 seasons as a NBA player.  That would be akin to Muhammad Ali boxing for 7 years, never winning the title and calling himself the GREATEST.

America has had only one King:  And that is Elvis
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2010, 02:20:53 PM »

Offline NufffRespect

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 3
That Lebron/Heat New World Order video made me L-M-A-O  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVjMlmw2JAI

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 04:03:20 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
I liked the guy until i seen that incident with the  ballboy that showed his arrogance.He used to keep his mouth shut now he thinks he a real king or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjXQCT47EAc
KG is far worse at that, but I like KG. KG might be the worst in the league at making ballboys chase his gear and sweaty towels.

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2010, 04:47:37 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
When you love life, life loves you right back