Author Topic: Brandon Jennings is a fool  (Read 5567 times)

Re: Brandon Jennings is a fool
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 01:58:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
He was joking.

Notice all three play the same position?

Ditto.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 02:42:18 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
How dare Brandon Jennings make a joke!

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 02:58:47 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous
I thought he was a fool for this...

http://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshho90m7fAC5E4hKed3

Holy......

apparently he lost a bet, so this was his punishment

bet lost or not, the lip ring and the little hand movements is very suspect. he seems like he likes a little of both.

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2010, 03:11:15 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I'M SO ANGRY ONE ONE ONE
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2010, 03:22:54 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Assuming all three of them would start as a unit, they could face problems against teams with a taller back-court. I actually tried playing an exhibition match w/ NBA Live once using 5 point guards vs 5 centers. Lol, I play too many video-games  ::)
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2010, 03:37:21 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
He was obviously joking. Some people really need to loosen up a bit.

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 03:38:24 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
What a completely stupid thing to say by someone who hasn't accomplished anything at all in this league. Not even in the discussion as one of the best players in this league, or the other two he chose to drag down with him. Wow these guys sometimes have pretty unfounded egos...

For someone who couldn't comprehend the joke, you sure do throw around the word "stupid" and "fool" a lot.

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 03:57:07 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
What soap07 said.

I like his confidence.

He, as a rookie, takes his team, minus their best player to within an eyelash of the second round of the playoffs. 

He's a helluva player...And a lot more fun to watch right now than a lot of superstars who get a lot of help from the officials.

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 04:02:23 PM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88
and he was saying that they should team up in a couple of years, at which point they'll all be better. Tyreke Evans right now is better than Ray and KG and maybe better than Paul. Steph Curry seems like he's going to be an all-star. And Jennings had a terrific rookie season as well. He was making the comparison since Lebron, Wade, and Bosh were all in the same rookie class and are friends just like he, steph, and tyreke are.

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 04:17:48 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Did anyone just see what he said?! Can he honestly be serious?!

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68890/20100829/jennings_talks_about_his_own_dream_team/

Bucks guard Brandon Jennings was working out at the HAX Gym in Los Angeles recently and talked about forming his own Dream Team, similar to the Miami Heat.

"Everybody's trying to team up now to try to beat Kobe [Bryant]," Jennings told TMZ.com.

The Celtics added Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett to Paul Pierce a few years ago, while the Heat brought in LeBron James and Chris Bosh to play with Dwyane Wade this summer.

"So I guess me and Tyreke Evans and Stephen Curry should all call each other in the next two years and try to hook up and play on the same team," Jennings surmised.

He added that he doesn't think teaming up is good for the NBA.

"You lose all the competition," he said.

Did he honestly just say that he, Tyreke Evans, and Stephen Curry should be put in the same discussion as PP, Ray, and KG?! Or that they are somehow on par with even Lebron, Wade, and Bosh?! What a completely stupid thing to say by someone who hasn't accomplished anything at all in this league. Not even in the discussion as one of the best players in this league, or the other two he chose to drag down with him. Wow these guys sometimes have pretty unfounded egos...
You really missed his point fishing for something to criticize.

It seems a lot of people are missing the point.

He is criticizing the mentality of loading rosters. I disagree with his critique, but the example he gives seems a playful example and a very non-political one since he mentions his fellow rookie PGs, a scenario that obviously would make no sense.

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2010, 04:47:42 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 05:26:55 PM »

Offline ralph

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
Jennings is one of my favorite Non-Celtics, that kid is a blast to watch, he will be an all star in a couple of years.
one thing that struck me about him is that he has a Rondo type swagger on the court, the moment I got respect for him is when he was talking trash to KG after the Bucks beat us during the season, Many of us don't like it but that team had a lot of injuries and Jennings was the only true leader they had on the court, for a rookie to step up and put that team on his back, is crazy. You guys might not like it, but jennings has the Celtics attitude, he would fit in really well around here.

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2010, 05:31:22 PM »

Offline ralph

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8

bet lost or not, the lip ring and the little hand movements is very suspect. he seems like he likes a little of both.
[/quote]

Jennings is one of my favorite Non-Celtics, but Those dance dance moves do look suspect.

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2010, 05:43:53 PM »

Offline CbrewEra

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • LETS GO BOSTON
If you've seen an interview with him off the court, he seems like a very down to earth, hardworking player.  Unlike other players he lives a very reserved life, a small apt 10 minutes from his workout facility, and refuses to let his ego get the best of him until he actually accomplishes things. 
I like that he stood up to the idea of Miami, as they disgust me too. 
Seeing that fairy Lebron dancing around on stage after his one hour special made me sick, and personally I respect the hell outta all the balls Jennings has had coming into the league.
"He trades like a drunk Texas oilman trying to impress a beautiful woman"

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2010, 09:17:14 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I thought he was a fool for this...

http://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshho90m7fAC5E4hKed3

ROFL.  I didn't like the part were he said everyone is trying to beat Kobe... Shows he didn't even watch the NBA in high school (Not understandable) and Italy (which is understandable).  I can't imagine how is overall knowledge of his history of the game is...  ;D.

As for him Curry and Tyreke Evans joining up I think it was because they are all from the same draft class and most likely friends and partially a joke since they all play the same position, but it could not be and he really could just be dumb because already looks dumb from the Kobe comment.

That video is priceless though haha!  What a fool lol!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce