Author Topic: Jaylen Brown ROY ?  (Read 4971 times)

Jaylen Brown ROY ?
« on: June 27, 2016, 02:55:48 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I think it all comes down to the top 3 picks here. Ben Simmons in Philly, Brandon Ingram in LA, and Jaylen Brown in Boston. Let's think about who has the best chance to start, best supporting cast and what system supports each player the best chance statistically to earn ROY.

I would think it would be Ben Simmons or Brandon Ingram because they are going to be clear cut starters but if Brad Stevens finds a way to fit Brown in the lineup he could have a shot at ROY

Re: Jaylen Brown ROY ?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 02:57:13 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Not going to happen, he's not going to get the minutes or shots to compete for the RoY award.

Not unless the season goes real bad real fast, RoYs are almost exclusively play for losing teams.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 02:57:44 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I think it all comes down to the top 3 picks here. Ben Simmons in Philly, Brandon Ingram in LA, and Jaylen Brown in Boston. Let's think about who has the best chance to start, best supporting cast and what system supports each player the best chance statistically to earn ROY.

I would think it would be Ben Simmons or Brandon Ingram because they are going to be clear cut starters but if Brad Stevens finds a way to fit Brown in the lineup he could have a shot at ROY

I think Dunn has a very good shot at ROY, definitely better than Ingram (he's just too skinny).  I think it will end up being Simmons, though
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 03:03:00 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
If all goes well he'll be starting by the end of the season, but he's going to start out with 10-15 minutes a night and that won't be enough to get him rookie of the year when Simmons and Ingram will probably have unlimited leashes on their respective teams.

Also, Brad brings the rookies in slowly on offense. He's going to get at least a couple months of doing nothing but standing in the corner before he's allowed to get some serious buckets.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 03:06:50 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
If Jaylen Wins ROY something has gone Terribly wrong with our season this year..

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 03:07:32 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I don't think Jaylen will get enough playing time...which is probably a good thing.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 03:08:52 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think he can have a nice future, but it's going to take him a few years.

One of the Philly superstar prospects (embiid or simmons) will probably be ROY.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 03:10:15 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If Jaylen Wins ROY something has gone Terribly wrong with our season this year..
HA! True

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 03:10:38 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Due to minutes issues I'm not even sure he makes all rookie team

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 03:10:42 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I was really surprised about the pick but I would never boo it. Sometimes I think we have some of the stupidest fans. I remember a fan interviewed at halftime wanting Ainge to get gited. It was on the freakin jumbo tron and more fsns than not cheered this kid's comment. Then ofcourse Ainge turned out garbage into the new big 3.

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 03:12:03 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I, like many other fans were basing opinion off of mock drafts and youtubes. Anyone livid that they didn't take Bender, well.. It's just ridiculous. We have no wAh of evaluating the guy.

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 03:25:03 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I think he can have a nice future, but it's going to take him a few years.

One of the Philly superstar prospects (embiid or simmons) will probably be ROY.

Embiid won't play enough, but it'll be Simmons. He's ready and will have opportunities.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 03:31:15 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I like Ingram for ROY. He's in a situation where he can get loads of points, in LA. The Lakers have every reason to make him into a star, and their recent rookies: D'Angelo Russell and Julius Randle are, repectively, a facilitator and a rebounder. Dark horse pick: Joel Embiid!

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 03:33:12 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Dunn or Murray

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 03:36:41 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I think it all comes down to the top 3 picks here. Ben Simmons in Philly, Brandon Ingram in LA, and Jaylen Brown in Boston. Let's think about who has the best chance to start, best supporting cast and what system supports each player the best chance statistically to earn ROY. I would think it would be Ben Simmons or Brandon Ingram because they are going to be clear cut starters but if Brad Stevens finds a way to fit Brown in the lineup he could have a shot at ROY
Top 2 picks have a good chance of wining the ROY, but what if they both win 20-24 games. It is a possibility, definitly for Phily. Stats would look a bit more shalow then.
Dunn will have to battle with Rubio for minutes (Rubios market isn't huge atm) .
He will have a lot to learn under demanding coach and a hard position to master as a rook. Also he is behind KAT, Wiggins and LaVine in the pecking order.
Embid is a strech, but a minor possibility.
Bender, Murray and Chriss look far away.
Hield will have his own problems after they stick an NBA body on him
Meanwhile...
Lets say Celts improve to 50-53 wins and Brown contributes well on both sides.
Not sure about stats, but he could make a case for Roy.
He is going to make a noise in the playoffs...
Still for that to be a distinct possibility, Celtics would have to fail in the free agency.
Specificaly singing Durant, but also any other scorer. All good to me.
Jaylen just has to be good, not neccesarily ROY.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 03:48:07 PM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."