Author Topic: Jaylen Brown ROY ?  (Read 4970 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown ROY ?
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2016, 07:16:00 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I think it will be Simmons and Dunn battling for ROY, with Hield having an outside chance too.

I think Simmons is going to put up close to Towns' level of production, with averages upwards of 16/10/3 - especially given that he's playing on the 76ers.

Dunn could average 17/6/4 in his rookie season - I personally think he's a better overall player then Wiggins was when he entered the league, and I think he's a better overall prospect too.  One thing is for sure.  With Dunn/Lavine/Wiggins/Towns on the floor, you'll be looking at perhaps the most athletic team in the NBA - they are going to run a LOT, and I expect they're going to be much improved compared to last year since they can now establish an identity as a transition team and really use that to their advantage.

I also wouldn't underestimate Hield.  He should get plenty of touches in New Orleans, and with Jrue Holiday and Tyreke Evans there won't be a lot of pressure on him to handle the ball or function as a playmaker - all he'll have to worry about is scoring, which is something he's very capable of.  He could surprise a lot of people this year and put up some BIG numbers.

As for Brown - I don't know what to expect to be honest.  With the contract status of Turner, Sully, Jerebko, Amir and Zeller all up in the air, boston currently has a LOT of minutes to go around at the PF and SF spots.  Crowder and Brown are both capable of playign PF in small ball lineups, if Danny doesn't find a starting caliber PF in the FA market then Brown might get a lot of playing time.  He should be able to slash, defend and rebound at a high level from day one - whether or not he can hit his outside shot as a decent rate could be the determining factor in whether he has a standout rookie year, or a Michael-Kidd Gilchrist rookie year.

I do think Brown is a much better shooter then MKG was.

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2016, 07:29:48 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Hield would be my favourite for it. He's got Davis on the inside to draw attention and he's a knockdown 3 point shooter. With Gordon probably gone he'll start at SG so he'll get the minutes

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2016, 07:33:37 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Not with crowder starting

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2016, 01:04:07 PM »

Online LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 393
Simmons will likely win ROY but I hope Brown makes it to an all rookie team.

- LilRip