Author Topic: The Long Lay-Off: Better for Celtics or Bucks  (Read 2362 times)

Re: The Long Lay-Off: Better for Celtics or Bucks
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2019, 08:32:21 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Celtics as Horford played a lot of minutes and Kyrie took a shot to the chest on that Turner screen. It was a far more physical series for the Celtics than the Bucks.

Yeah, that looked kind of bad and Kyrie didn't shoot very well afterward. Some days off for him should be beneficial.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2019, 09:21:42 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Y’all think there will be a Time Lord sighting in this series? Time Lord vs Gannis 👀.

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2019, 09:25:50 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
actually, I think it's not so much who it helps as who it hurts which I think is the C's simply because the C's have continually shown that having extra time between games results in them playing worse than usual.

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2019, 09:29:27 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Celtics for sure. Our roster has more guys who are clearly playing through niggles, the extra rest can only help them. It's only a few extra days but that'll really help a guy like Baynes or Horford.

In terms of getting guys back, it may swing in the favour of the Bucks but I don't think anyone currently on the injury list is going to be the difference maker in this series. I think on our side Smart is out even if the series goes to 7 games.

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2019, 09:38:15 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
actually, I think it's not so much who it helps as who it hurts which I think is the C's simply because the C's have continually shown that having extra time between games results in them playing worse than usual.
C's have been really good with extra rest this year. They've been bad in back to backs and other short rest situations (largely driven by Horfords performance)

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2019, 10:49:15 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
C's have been really good with extra rest this year. They've been bad in back to backs and other short rest situations (largely driven by Horfords performance)

5-8 (.385) with 0 days off
32-19 (.627) with 1 day off
9-4 (.692) with 2 days off
2-2 (.500) with 3+ days off

2 days off does seem to be the sweet spot, but then there's the 3+ days off (with minimal data, I know).

Personally, when I think of extra rest, I think more like a week off, and then I think about how the C's were 0-4 after the All-Star break this year.  Then I think about last year when they came back from England.  I really thought having that rare mid-January break where they had 1 game in 10 days would do wonders for the team, why wouldn't they come back rejuvenated from that?  0-4 there too.  Of course they did come out of last year's All-Star break 4-0 (to all non playoff teams though).  Not a lot of examples, but those are what comes to mind when I think about extra rest, not your typical 1-3 days off.

Not too worried about regular season results though.  C's often played down to inferior competition, but always seemed to bring it against top talent.  It's the playoffs, and with how banged up everybody is, I don't see how this extra rest could be anything but a good thing.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2019, 12:36:57 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Robert Williams doesn't experience time.