Author Topic: Bulls (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) 4/18  (Read 109923 times)

Re: Bulls (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) 4/18
« Reply #510 on: April 18, 2009, 03:52:24 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
The memory of that basket before half time where nobody boxed out Brad Miller is haunting me.

I wonder where Jon Barry is taking Derek Rose out to dinner tonight since he couldn't stop talking about how much he loved him.
Amen.

That play summed up this pathetic effort.

Kudos to Rose for how he played on offense, but he and Rondo both acted like they had an agreement to just let the other guy go werever they wanted.

« Reply #511 on: April 18, 2009, 03:53:51 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
The memory of that basket before half time where nobody boxed out Brad Miller is haunting me.

I wonder where Jon Barry is taking Derek Rose out to dinner tonight since he couldn't stop talking about how much he loved him.

And why dhouldn't Barry talk about Rose the way he did? The KID was the best player on tthe floor tonight. Thanks for reminding me about the first half play. That summed up the effort and intensity of the Celtics today and they deserved to lose.
I'm not saying he shouldn't have talked about him. DRose played out of his mind today.  What bugged me was the way Barry talked about him.  I felt like we could all see Rose was playing great ball, we didn't need him reminding us.
UBUNTU

« Reply #512 on: April 18, 2009, 03:54:24 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The team played like it needed a smack in the face, and it got one.  Let's see how they respond the next game before declaring that the sky is falling -- it's not like we strolled through the playoffs unscathed last year, remember.  I think when the team watches the game film, they'll see the mistakes they were making.

Seems like a lot of people on this board underestimate the Bulls.  They beat us last month.   Their record after they got Salmons and Miller was better than ours without KG in the last couple months.  Rose is making a Wade-like playoff leap, they are young and athletic and stacked with depth.  Bill Simmons had guaranteed that the Bulls would beat the Magic and supposedly a lot of the people in the Celtic organization saw Chicago as a real 2nd round possibility.  Unfortunately we got stuck with them in round 1.  This isn't PHilly we are dealing with.  It's a tossup who wins this series unless KG comes back 100% miraculously.

« Reply #513 on: April 18, 2009, 03:55:06 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I believe!!!!!!!!!!

Co-sign.

After thinking about it,
I'm quite sure.
We will beat the Bulls.

« Reply #514 on: April 18, 2009, 03:55:58 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
If there's anyone left on this board who still considers this series a walkover, they really don't understand the game.

We're going to be in a major battle to avoid the summer starting right now.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #515 on: April 18, 2009, 03:56:36 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 674
  • MASTER OF PANIC
boston going nowhere fast...hate to say it...not being pessimistic but this is no surprise by the way they played the last month...finally caught them today...we will see all we know come game 2...if boston struggles loses or  wins barely then it tells me that the end is near...if they come out and blow them out then there might be some hope....

without KG boston has trouble defending A PG or player that gets into the lane...we saw it with chalmers, LBJ, felton, wade and now rose....

but the offense today was some of the worst I have seen since the tank year...stand around while pierce goes one on 5 or settle for long jumpers...

IN THE END....YOU ARE THE DEFENDING CHAMPS...AT HOME...YOU SHOULD NOT NEED A WAKE UP CALL....just pathetic today

« Reply #516 on: April 18, 2009, 03:56:52 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
The Bulls post player are way to athletic for Glen Davis to cover.  Sure he had 18 points today, but he had 3 rebounds in 40 minutes...Not saying Moore did anything great but he had 4 in 6 minutes and we all know he's a sub par rebounder.  That is a big reason why we lost this game.  We put all the rebounding duties to Perk and PP when he is in the game, and that is something that needs to be addressed or they will continue to lose the rebounding battle this series.  

« Reply #517 on: April 18, 2009, 03:57:05 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
If there's anyone left on this board who still considers this series a walkover, they really don't understand the game.

We're going to be in a major battle to avoid the summer starting right now.

I agree... it's like people think Noah, Ty Thomas and Rose just had out-of-character games.   Obviously they haven't been paying attention to the Bulls in the last 2 months.  They might be the 4th best team in the East.

« Reply #518 on: April 18, 2009, 03:57:10 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!
The team played like it needed a smack in the face, and it got one.  Let's see how they respond the next game before declaring that the sky is falling -- it's not like we strolled through the playoffs unscathed last year, remember.  I think when the team watches the game film, they'll see the mistakes they were making.

Seems like a lot of people on this board underestimate the Bulls.  They beat us last month.   Their record after they got Salmons and Miller was better we played without KG in the last couple months.  Rose is making a Wade-like playoff leap, they are young and athletic and stacked with depth.  Bill Simmons had guaranteed that the Bulls would beat the Magic and supposedly a lot of the people in the Celtic organization saw Chicago as a real 2nd round possibility.  Unfortunately we got stuck with them in round 1.  This isn't PHilly we are dealing with.  It's a tossup who wins this series unless KG comes back 100% miraculously.
I agree with everything you said except the fact that KG would make that much difference.  Even at 100%, if you get zero bench production (Mikki, Marbury) then you are going to struggle. Look what ****' Heinrich gave them.  We need some of that or we are in big trouble.

« Reply #519 on: April 18, 2009, 03:57:37 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Seems like a lot of people on this board underestimate the Bulls.  They beat us last month.   Their record after they got Salmons and Miller was better than ours without KG in the last couple months.  Rose is making a Wade-like playoff leap, they are young and athletic and stacked with depth.  Bill Simmons had guaranteed that the Bulls would beat the Magic and supposedly a lot of the people in the Celtic organization saw Chicago as a real 2nd round possibility.  Unfortunately we got stuck with them in round 1.  This isn't PHilly we are dealing with.  It's a tossup who wins this series unless KG comes back 100% miraculously.

The Bulls beat us without Powe, Garnett, Allen and Scalabrine. Paul Pierce ended up playing center at the end of the game. And the Bulls still struggled at home to beat us by 6. The Celtics have a significant talent and experience advantage over the Bulls. The only way the series is a tossup is if the Celtics continue to play with a lack of intensity. In that case, they will lose the series in 6.

« Reply #520 on: April 18, 2009, 04:01:23 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
game 2 should always be the scariest game...you usually win game one and letdown in game 2...boston just isnt the same team...the bench is what we all thought before the season....the KG injury is a huge obstacle...we can't sugarcoat it anymore...can't make excuses...they are just not a strong team right now...they faked their way the last few weeks beating teams close in the end but they cant fake it anymore...

i for one felt the bulls were the WORST match up for boston they could have...today took a step toward proving that...they were destroyed on the glass by Noah (that is a joke)....let a rookie PG break them down over and over....and had no idea on offense...

« Reply #521 on: April 18, 2009, 04:02:33 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!
One more observation...this whole year it seems we've struggled with consistently putting together runs with defensive stops tied to offensive finishes.  This happened all day today.

We'd get a stop, then a turnover.  We'd get a stop, don't secure the rebound.  We'd hit a big basket, give up a layup less than 5 seconds later.  

This is a trend we've all seen this year that is now going to bite us in the butt if we don't get our act together.

« Reply #522 on: April 18, 2009, 04:02:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Seems like a lot of people on this board underestimate the Bulls.  They beat us last month.   Their record after they got Salmons and Miller was better we played without KG in the last couple months.  Rose is making a Wade-like playoff leap, they are young and athletic and stacked with depth.  Bill Simmons had guaranteed that the Bulls would beat the Magic and supposedly a lot of the people in the Celtic organization saw Chicago as a real 2nd round possibility.  Unfortunately we got stuck with them in round 1.  This isn't PHilly we are dealing with.  It's a tossup who wins this series unless KG comes back 100% miraculously.
I agree with everything you said except the fact that KG would make that much difference.  Even at 100%, if you get zero bench production (Mikki, Marbury) then you are going to struggle. Look what ****' Heinrich gave them.  We need some of that or we are in big trouble.

Rose does not score 36 points if the defense is rotating and funnelling him into KG and Perk and their combined length.

« Reply #523 on: April 18, 2009, 04:04:23 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Rose does not score 36 points if the defense is rotating and funnelling him into KG and Perk and their combined length.

yup....but it has been this way for a while...boston has been broken down by strong athletic guards...some people are just seeing it now because it is the playoffs

« Reply #524 on: April 18, 2009, 04:04:32 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!

I agree with that totally.  However, when they take a breather...what then?  The bench has to produce or we are in deep doo doo.