Poll

Exchange Rondo and Parts for Lawson/Lowry, Gasol, and a Trade Exception?

Yes
15 (51.7%)
No
13 (44.8%)
Undecided
1 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Would You Do a Trade Where It's Basically Pau and Lawson/Lowry for Rondo?  (Read 6323 times)

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b896hvp

4 Team Trade. Only team that likely says No is Boston.

Boston receives Pau Gasol, Kyle Lowry, and TE for $6 Mill.
Denver receives Rondo, Bass, Terry, and Earl Clark
Lakers receive Gallinari, Calderon(Expiring), and Mozgov(Expiring)
Raptors receive Lawson, Brewer(Expiring), and Collins (Expiring)

For Boston it's a win now deal. They think Lowry, Bradley, Pierce, KG, and Gasol with a bench of Sully, Green, Lee, Barbosa, and Wilcox can go all the way.

For Denver they get the best player in the deal in Rondo. They feel Rondo, Chandler, Igoudala, Fraried, and Koufos with a bench of Miller, Terry, Mcghee, and Clark/Randolph can do some damage.

For the Lakers they get a D'Antoni favorite in Gallinari. He fits the system perfect at PF. They also get expiring deals in Calderon and Mozgov to lessen payroll next season.

For toronto they get an upgrade at PG over the two they're sending out. He just signed a long term deal and he is young enough that he fits real well with their rebuilding efforts. They also save $8 million in payroll this season and both Brewer and Collins are expiring deals.

Edit: See Alternative deal below if you don't think Toronto upgrades with Lawson over Lowry.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:42:32 PM by Kane3387 »

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Denver says no. Rondo, Bass, Terry, and Earl Clark for
Lawson, Gallinari, Brewer and Mozgov? I don't think Denver would like that return.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Every trade idea surrounding Rondo has been dumb so far and would only make us worse.  I palm my face to all these trade ideas.  Rondo is not the problem.  As a matter of fact, he's the best and most consistent player we have and his prospect is endless.  Would be a big mistake to trade the guy.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:14:03 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Every trade idea surrounding Rondo has been dumb so far and would only make us worse than we already are.  I palm my face to all these trade ideas.  Rondo is not the problem.  As a matter of fact, he's the best and most consistent player we have and his prospect is endless.  Would be a big mistake to trade the guy.

He is the best player we have, but definitely not the most consistent. In fact, I would say that he's the primary culprit of our team's inconsistency. When Rondo is out there giving it 100%, then we are a very different team. But when disinterested Rondo shows up, then we look awful. I expect good Rondo tonight and on Sunday vs Miami. Two marquee games on National TV.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Toronto only gets Ty Lawson for both Kyle Lowry and Jose Calderon.

I don't even think Ty Lawson is better than Lowry. Better floor general offensively but considerably worse defensively and as a rebounder. Why take Ty Lawson ahead of Kyle Lowry?

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

I don't even think Ty Lawson is better than Lowry. Better floor general offensively but considerably worse defensively and as a rebounder. Why take Ty Lawson ahead of Kyle Lowry?

Lowry doesn't even start... He isn't really valued there. I would rather have Lawson. Seems Toronto is shopping him anyways.

Though he’s out now injured, the Raptors supposedly would like to put Kyle Lowry in a trade package and keep Jose Calderon. The Raptors give up 11 more points per game when Lowry is on the court compared with Calderon.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_121224.html

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Yeah, this is a problem for Toronto.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Denver says no. Rondo, Bass, Terry, and Earl Clark for
Lawson, Gallinari, Brewer and Mozgov? I don't think Denver would like that return.

I'm not so sure. Wilson Chandler is back and playing well. Just move Chandler to the 2 and Iggy to the 3 to replace Gallo. Terry would off their bench with Andre Miller.

Rondo > Lawson for sure. Denver knows it needs to consolidate some depth for a perennial All-Star. 

Anyways that's why I think Denver would likely do it. Boston probably doesn't though.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
No around the board. Trading Rondo = No.

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Lowry doesn't even start... He isn't really valued there. I would rather have Lawson. Seems Toronto is shopping him anyways.

Though he’s out now injured, the Raptors supposedly would like to put Kyle Lowry in a trade package and keep Jose Calderon. The Raptors give up 11 more points per game when Lowry is on the court compared with Calderon.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_121224.html

First, all the author is doing is "supposing" here where I haven't heard this idea from anyone else.

I do like the idea of trading Rondo for Lowry + Gasol.  I'd do that.  But your "spare parts" of Bass and Terry are more than just spare parts in my opinion.  They are very quality rotational players for any contending team.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
I'd do that.  But your "spare parts" of Bass and Terry are more than just spare parts in my opinion.  They are very quality rotational players for any contending team.

Not for us.

Re: Would You Do a Trade Where It's Basically Pau and Lawson/Lowry for Rondo?
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 06:44:34 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
For those who don't think Lawson is an upgrade over Lowry, we will remove Toronto from the equation.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wamd7e

Boston receives Gasol, Lawson, Brewer
Lakers receive Gallinari, Mozgov, and save $7 mill.
Denver receives Rondo (Lawson upgrade), Green(Gallo replacement), Terry, and Bass.

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 06:50:41 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
No. Kyle lowry cannot rebound or pass like rondo, and lowry does not have that "it" factor or intelligence that rondo possesses. and we wont even go into defense

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 06:57:42 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
For those who don't think Lawson is an upgrade over Lowry, we will remove Toronto from the equation.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wamd7e

Boston receives Gasol, Lawson, Brewer
Lakers receive Gallinari, Mozgov, and save $7 mill.
Denver receives Rondo (Lawson upgrade), Green(Gallo replacement), Terry, and Bass.

Mozgov would give the Lakers 6 of the hardest fouls against Blake Griffin possible. I like the trade for all parties.

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 07:01:55 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Would Gasol be playing C or PF in Boston? I think he's significantly better at C, but I don't know about KG at PF anymore.

I'd consider, though. Especially if Brewer is also coming this way.