Author Topic: Pacers (12-13) at Celtics (21-4) 12/19  (Read 24219 times)

Re: Pacers (12-13) at Celtics (21-4) 12/19
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2010, 03:34:11 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
ell i know bbds good stuff...but we still need a blue colar rebounder, and he is the most likely guy...he has shown he could do it...but he doesn't have the nose for it, or the desire....leon did, lasme, sheldon, all i ask is for him to be under the hoop...where is he when the ball is up.....you CAN be under the hoop, then get back you know. the ball is there, the court is not a football field. bbd is young.

Powe was a great player. It sucks he got injured.

But please. Stop comparing Sheldon to BBD. I am getting somewhat ill seeing you do it.

« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2010, 03:35:08 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
very good win for boston. never really felt through the game they would lose. BBD was big but i am impressed with the progress hibbert has made

« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2010, 03:35:16 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
18/7 for "no effort, no consistency Baby", almost 16/7 over the last 10 games.
[/quote

lets just leave this as your opinion and mine...we don't agree...we don't have to. i like a lot of what bbd does, his shot, his charges...sort of....but i think he could be a better rebounder for the team.

if you like him as he is, and think he does enough, that is okay with me. I can live with it. We are all in this together. ;)

« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2010, 03:37:07 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
ell i know bbds good stuff...but we still need a blue colar rebounder, and he is the most likely guy...he has shown he could do it...but he doesn't have the nose for it, or the desire....leon did, lasme, sheldon, all i ask is for him to be under the hoop...where is he when the ball is up.....you CAN be under the hoop, then get back you know. the ball is there, the court is not a football field. bbd is young.

But please. Stop comparing Sheldon to BBD. I am getting somewhat ill seeing you do it.

you only see what you want to see..i said sheldon, lasme, and leon always went to the hole, when the ball was up...to get position, and try to get a rebound....

« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2010, 03:44:05 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Woohoo!

« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2010, 03:49:15 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
and honestly...it looks like boston is going to lock up the 1 or 2 seed in the east rather easily this season. miami is their only competition and they already have a 2-0 love on them head to head.

« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2010, 03:52:39 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

you only see what you want to see..i said sheldon, lasme, and leon always went to the hole, when the ball was up...to get position, and try to get a rebound....

I guess I also "just wanted to see" Sheldon drop passes right to him at times, right?

BBD is far from perfect, but he's better on both sides of the ball than Shelden, especially in this system. He even has a better field goal percentage despite taking twice the shots Shelden has.

I'd gladly have Lasme in in place of Wafer, though. I think Wafer is lucky Delonte has been out often for the C's.

« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2010, 04:00:54 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

You need to get over your Shelden fetish...he is gone...and please don't compare BBD and Shelden...Shelden can't and couldn't do anything for our team...he is no where close to what BBD does for us.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2010, 04:03:14 PM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
other than shaq...bbd is the only guy who should be going hard for rebounds.....but bbd only goes for them now and then because he thinks he is too elite for that type of work.....no rebounds, no championship.  We need kevin love..! minn.
Maybe you can instigate a trade of Davis for Love straight up!

« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2010, 04:19:19 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Another pleasing victory, well done guys. :)

This is a group of guys that have some serious backbone. Not many teams could put together the wins they have while enduring so many injuries.

Keep it going Celts!
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2010, 04:30:21 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......

You need to get over your Shelden fetish...he is gone...and please don't compare BBD and Shelden...Shelden can't and couldn't do anything for our team...he is no where close to what BBD does for us.

Well, both you and tai can't explain how sheldon is starting and doing well for Denver. George Karl is a good coach, a lot of experience. i didn't and don't compare players, but people here DO make quotes say what they want them to say....why, I just don't know.

« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2010, 04:31:36 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
And another solid game from Nate.

Slightly off-topic, so I apolgize in advance - but in a potential matchup with LA in June, I think Rondo/Nate will be fine.

I was looking at the Tommy Point post on the blog main page with Nate's hustle play, and found this gem of a game from Nate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EksBeXdGeps

He absolutely abuses Portland's backcourt in this one - Jarrett Jack, Steve Blake and Co.

I know Kobe will be a handful, but DFish and Steve Blake will have their hands full.

« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2010, 04:32:02 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......

I guess I also "just wanted to see" Sheldon drop passes right to him at times, right?

BBD is far from perfect, but he's better on both sides of the ball than Shelden, especially in this system. He even has a better field goal percentage despite taking twice the shots Shelden has.

I'd gladly have Lasme in in place of Wafer, though. I think Wafer is lucky Delonte has been out often for the C's.

Sheldon starts for denver, you think he is a scrub.....what does George Karl see that you don't..?

« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2010, 04:34:37 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
I guess I posted my thoughts in another part of this site....but it was about Bradley....

it seems he has done nothing right since Rondo went down....complete lack of confidence even clanking free throws

« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2010, 04:43:27 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I guess I posted my thoughts in another part of this site....but it was about Bradley....

it seems he has done nothing right since Rondo went down....complete lack of confidence even clanking free throws

So when JO returns who gets relegated to street clothes--Luke or Bradley?  I think either of them could benefit from some time in Portland, too.  I'm afraid Bradley is psyched out right now and more of these short stints in the big league aren't helping him.  On the other hand, Luke's unlikely to ever really be in the rotation this year either.