Author Topic: 2nd Round Game 1: Cavaliers at Celtics 5/6/08 8:00 PM TNT  (Read 87574 times)

Re: 2nd Round Game 1: Cavaliers at Celtics 5/6/08 8:00 PM TNT
« Reply #300 on: May 07, 2008, 12:32:04 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I thought the team did badly going away from Kevin Garnett for a large chunk of the second half, namely the third quarter.

After the first minute of the second half, Garnett was 9-11 from the floor and had 20 points. He shot 4-11 for 8 points in the second half, those 8 points all came in the fourth quarter. For the rest of the third quarter (KG didn't come out until 1:43 mark) the only shots he got were two 20 foot jump shots and a missed tip on the offensive boards.

Kevin had it going. He was in great rhythm, his shot was falling, nobody could guard him ..... and the team ..... went away from him.

It's a two-part fault between him and his teammates. He should have gone into the post more. His teammates shouldn't have diverted the offense. Pierce and Rondo were the two biggest culprits combining for 3-4 turnovers and 3 missed shots apiece in that time period. Rondo can't allow this to happen. He's the point guard, he's the floor general, he has a 7 footer killing everyone in the post. It's not a difficult call, get him the ball and keep milking him.

Kevin didn't start getting the ball again until Sam Cassell came in.

This shouldn't be happening. It's unneccessary. It's making the game more difficult than it needs to be.

« Reply #301 on: May 07, 2008, 12:41:28 AM »

Offline jluce

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
I'm pretty disgusted hearing people talk badly about Ray Allen. Allen has been a spot up guy all season. Tonight, Boston had no flow. Tonight was ugly, and he only got up 4 shots. Lay off the guy. I saw Pierce force up at least two shots where Allen was open. It happens. Having Ray on the court also frees up guys like KG. The D has to respect Ray's shot, so they can't double down on Garnett. Ray won't be considered old the next time he hits a big shot for the Celtics..funny how some people work. Ray goes 0-4 on a night where KG was absolutely money, and people are going to ride off Ray like he sucks and is old now. Don't be short sided people. I was upset that the Celtics didn't try to get Allen involved more in the offense. I love Pierce, but he did force up a lot of shots tonight.

I really hope Ray goes off next game, to stop this nonsense.

« Reply #302 on: May 07, 2008, 12:48:09 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I'm pretty disgusted hearing people talk badly about Ray Allen. Allen has been a spot up guy all season. Tonight, Boston had no flow. Tonight was ugly, and he only got up 4 shots. Lay off the guy. I saw Pierce force up at least two shots where Allen was open. It happens. Having Ray on the court also frees up guys like KG. The D has to respect Ray's shot, so they can't double down on Garnett. Ray won't be considered old the next time he hits a big shot for the Celtics..funny how some people work. Ray goes 0-4 on a night where KG was absolutely money, and people are going to ride off Ray like he sucks and is old now. Don't be short sided people. I was upset that the Celtics didn't try to get Allen involved more in the offense. I love Pierce, but he did force up a lot of shots tonight.

welcome
TP for defending RA
and have fun
dont take everything to serious here
some of us tend to be a little one game minded here ....sometimes.....
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #303 on: May 07, 2008, 12:51:12 AM »

Offline jluce

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9

welcome
TP for defending RA
and have fun
dont take everything to serious here
some of us tend to be a little one game minded here ....sometimes.....

I'm not usually the type to go off on a tirade, but yeah...

Thanks for the welcome and TP.  8)

« Reply #304 on: May 07, 2008, 01:41:48 AM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
i agree, people have to lay off ray.
we have to work him in to our offense more, he is one of the best shooters in the history of the game.

the only wierd thing i find about ray's shooting is that it seems that he makes more difficult shots than easy ones, where he is shooting while on the run, or someone in his face, but misses a lot of wide open shots.

another note is that i feel that rondo should keep taking the ball to the hoop, i knew the kid was really fast, but it was crazy how he was blowing by delonte and gibson int the first half

« Reply #305 on: May 07, 2008, 03:21:19 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
You guys can check out my extremely late recap here.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #306 on: May 07, 2008, 06:25:03 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
this one shows us in a grind it out game, the Celtics Defensive intensity puts them over the top. Its not pretty, but it works
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #307 on: May 07, 2008, 07:31:18 AM »

Offline NUMBA 17

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
this game was definetely a grind....exhausting to even watch....as the game went on, 2 main thoughts came to my head

1.  we CANNOT  lose a game that Lebron is playing SO BAD...because its not going to happen again...

2.  if we could win with Pierce and Allen playing so bad, that bodes real well for us.....

It was an ugly game, didnt particularly enjoy it, but it was a BIG win...
"Dont give up...dont ever give up..."   J. Valvano

« Reply #308 on: May 07, 2008, 07:58:47 AM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
potholes in my lawn...
i dont ask for a barbed wire fence...

« Reply #309 on: May 07, 2008, 08:31:32 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
As far as Ray Allen goes. If I need one shot for the game, he's my man.

Seems like he can go cold an entire game but still hit the big shots in the end.

« Reply #310 on: May 07, 2008, 08:34:01 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Ray is shooting 40% and averaging 14 points per game...he simply has to play better.  afterall, this is the "big 3," right?  ::)

i'm not ripping on the guy, i'm simply stating that he's got to elevate his game.  do any actually believe these playoffs are going to get easier?  we're in a battle and then, should we move on, it will be another battle with (most likely) the pistons.  and i'd rather not even look any further down the road.

ray leads the team in minutes...well, all i'm saying is that he physically appears to be breaking down.  i'm just concerned that this guy is on the downside of his career and we're witnessing it before our very own eyes.

the regular season means nothing now...ray needs to shoot at least 5 percentage points better and he needs to chip in a few more points.  KG can't carry this team, and Pierce will have his hands full with Lebron.

Ray has this set up for him because he's a better player than wally and he MUST help carry the load.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #311 on: May 07, 2008, 06:25:41 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous