Author Topic: A Yastrzemski hits a homerun at Fenway Park  (Read 8658 times)

A Yastrzemski hits a homerun at Fenway Park
« on: September 17, 2019, 11:09:58 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1174118434763890688?s=19

This might be a bit San Francisco Giants leaning, but man, this is quite special.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 02:18:50 AM by Yoki_IsTheName »
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Re: A Yastrzemski homerun at Fenway Park
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 11:38:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
The Impossible Dream.

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 11:44:36 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
That was nice to watch. Game's still going in the bottom of the 12th but I switched it off because I gotta get up early tomorrow  ;D
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 12:29:03 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
It's cool.

That said, it stinks that this is the biggest thing that Sox fans have to cheer for right now.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 01:30:12 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
It's cool.

That said, it stinks that this is the biggest thing that Sox fans have to cheer for right now.

It is what it is... Can't win every year Bro.
Atleast Sox have been prominent in the last decade. Team will bounce back soon hopefully. Back to the drawing board.

I can always look at 2018s amazing run in the playoffs.

Re: A Yastrzemski hits a homerun at Fenway Park
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 11:05:38 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Was at the game last night.

What a nightmare!

Eovaldi sucked, no Mookie and JD had to leave the game early with groin discomfort (wink wink)

It was exciting seeing the Sox come back but the game dragged into extra innings and left after the 10th, as I need to get up early for work.

It's frustrating leaving a game with no decision because the team can't seal the deal in regular innings.

I got a free Eovaldi bobblehead...something I guess ::)

It its pretty sad too that the loudest ovation of the night was when Yaz's grandson hit a home run.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 11:08:09 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
It's cool.

Atleast Sox have been prominent in the last decade. Team will bounce back soon hopefully. Back to the drawing board.

I know you can't win the WS every year, but the Sox performance was disgusting this year. At the very least, I was expecting a 93-95 win season, winning another division or clinching one of the wild card spots.

I never expected their season to be this bad. And now the entire team ended up injured (Sale, Price, Mookie, JD, etc.)

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 02:07:50 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
It's cool.

I know you can't win the WS every year, but the Sox performance was disgusting this year. At the very least, I was expecting a 93-95 win season, winning another division or clinching one of the wild card spots.

I never expected their season to be this bad. And now the entire team ended up injured (Sale, Price, Mookie, JD, etc.)

Bopna, I realize the team can't win every year, but it's like gpap said: This year was disgusting. I expect a team that just won the World Series, and returned 99% of its players, to at least make the playoffs the following season. Missing out on the playoffs—and not even coming particularly close to getting there—is super disappointing. Yeah, they've been the most successful franchise over the last 15 years, and that's a great thing, but all of that is in the past. They should've been much better this year and weren't, and I'm not really sure how they can get a lot better in the next couple years, given they're saddled with the Sale, Price, and Eovaldi contracts and we may have already seen the best days for all three of those guys. I'm sure JD will opt in, which I'm fine with, but that leaves less money to pursue free agents to address problem areas, like reliable starting pitching, a closer, or outfielders who can actually pull their weight on offense (lookin' at you, Benny and Bradley). Time will tell; I'm just ready for this lame season to be over.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis