Author Topic: If Lebron wants to come here 2018 will you be ok with it?  (Read 6394 times)

Re: If Lebron wants to come here 2018 will you be ok with it?
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2017, 11:58:35 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
As long as it doesn't cost us anything, has to play PF and knows he's not the GM or Coach....

Sure

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2017, 12:41:46 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
It makes total sense for him to come to Boston. If he goes West he won't be in another NBA finals for the remainder of his career. (unless he goes to Golden State lol)

He could go to Washington, or Toronto too I guess.

Would I be ok with him coming here? LeBron strictly uses organizations for the legacy chase. hell NO.

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2017, 01:31:23 PM »

Offline MichaelJ

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
I suspect that any fan that says that s/he wouldn't welcome Lebron isn't being honest with him/herself.

Correct.

False. 

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2017, 01:42:18 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I suspect that any fan that says that s/he wouldn't welcome Lebron isn't being honest with him/herself.

Correct.

False.

You're telling me that you actually wouldn't take the second greatest player of all time, 3x champion, 4x MVP, 3x Finals MVP, 11x First Team All-NBA, 6x All-Defensive Team, and the best basketball player on the planet if he wanted to come here? If so, it's safe to say you're not being truthful with yourself.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2017, 02:12:26 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Yup. In 2008 - 2010 would say no.
Now I am more wise. :D
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2017, 02:21:44 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Yes. Obviously. If we become a Powerhouse in the East and the obvious choice for the finals, it makes sense for him to come here compared to joining a west coast team. I suppose he could go to LA, but they're not really established enough to contend even if they get PG13 as well. He could join CP3 in Houston for cheap, but even then he has to go through GS.

As crazy as it sounds, we might actually be his best choice in 2018 if he wants to stay in the East. (If he can get over joining the enemy) ;) .  Actually, this would bring balance to the RayRay situation.

It would be a great way to finish his legacy to win a couple rings here, and imo would improve his image by joining a gritty team that doesn't quit.
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2017, 02:26:39 PM »

Offline MichaelJ

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3

Correct.

False.

You're telling me that you actually wouldn't take the second greatest player of all time, 3x champion, 4x MVP, 3x Finals MVP, 11x First Team All-NBA, 6x All-Defensive Team, and the best basketball player on the planet if he wanted to come here? If so, it's safe to say you're not being truthful with yourself.

I love the arrogance of some posters, thinking they can tell other people what they're thinking.  Would I welcome him?  I'd root for him if he were on the team and hope for the best.  There are too many questions about his character at this point.  This is a top down organization and I have serious reservations about adding an ego and disruption like LeBron.  I'm being very honest with myself.

In the end, my opinion could be right and it could easily be wrong - things could go perfectly, LBJ could slide right in, the Celtics could put up more banners and I'd be happy to admit being wrong.

It's one thing to believe in your own opinion, it's infantile to say that others are 'lying to themselves' because they're taking more things into consideration and disagree with you.  Grow up.

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2017, 02:29:58 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
No.

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2017, 02:34:34 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Now that I think about it, if Melo gets to Houston, I could see LeBron joining them for cheap. Then he would full fill his dream team Olympic crew. They could even get Wade for the minimum (if he was willing), and have an aging all star team.

CP3
Wade
Harden
Melo
LeBron

This sounds far-fetched, but LeBron has always said that he would take less to be able to play with those guys. Who knows, the league is crazy these days with the super teams.

I have to admit, that would be a fun team to watch, even if they are on the back nine of their careers (most of them) at that point. Not sure they could compete with GS at that point, but it would be fun to watch..(them lose ;) )

Yet another reason LeBron should join us in 2018 :)
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2017, 02:36:36 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Correct.

False.

I love the arrogance of some posters, thinking they can tell other people what they're thinking.  Would I welcome him?  I'd root for him if he were on the team and hope for the best.  There are too many questions about his character at this point.  This is a top down organization and I have serious reservations about adding an ego and disruption like LeBron.  I'm being very honest with myself.

In the end, my opinion could be right and it could easily be wrong - things could go perfectly, LBJ could slide right in, the Celtics could put up more banners and I'd be happy to admit being wrong.

It's one thing to believe in your own opinion, it's infantile to say that others are 'lying to themselves' because they're taking more things into consideration and disagree with you.  Grow up.

There are opinions, and then there is some Celtics fans' irrational hatreds of LeBron. I don't like LeBron; I don't enjoy watching him destroy my favorite team over and over again. However, that doesn't mean that I have to invent some narrative about him being too much of an ego to have on my team. He's the greatest player in the world, one of the best ever. You're being offered Brady, Jordan, Gretzky, Mays, and turning it down. That's insanity.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2017, 03:43:50 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
My problem with having Lebron James on the team I root for has nothing to do with his character or personality, although I'm not the biggest fan of either. My problem is that when Lebron is on your team it becomes ALL about LeBron. Its no longer a "Celtics Championship" its a "Lebron Championship." Its not about banner 18 its about getting Lebron banner 4, it' not about building a team for the future to sustain itself in the long term, its about making Lebron happy in the short term. Would I root for Lebron? Yes I would. Would I rather build a team that BEATS LeBron? Absolutely.

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2017, 04:03:10 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I live in Ohio and I have had every opportunity to be a LeBron fan since he hit the national stage and I still do not care for the guy.   I would be disappointed if he became a Celtics and I am being honest about it.

Being a Celtic fan, I have had LeBron fans raz me constantly.   I have had my chances to raz them too.   I concede he is a great player but I would put forth that his ego is to big for him ever to have Celtics Pride and he is completely unreliable once things do not go his way. He has improved in the latter to some degree but he used to wilt under pressure.   I see a lot of his attitude in Fultz in this regard.

I don't lose sleep over the guy.  I dislike him but I would not go so far to say I hate him.

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2017, 04:40:38 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
My problem with having Lebron James on the team I root for has nothing to do with his character or personality, although I'm not the biggest fan of either. My problem is that when Lebron is on your team it becomes ALL about LeBron. Its no longer a "Celtics Championship" its a "Lebron Championship." Its not about banner 18 its about getting Lebron banner 4, it' not about building a team for the future to sustain itself in the long term, its about making Lebron happy in the short term. Would I root for Lebron? Yes I would. Would I rather build a team that BEATS LeBron? Absolutely.

Exactly! 

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2017, 04:43:56 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
i don't want him to come here and hold the celtics hostage like he's done with all his other teams
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2017, 04:57:54 PM »

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
Lol is this a joke thread?

Lebrun Jangs is coming to Boston for vet min in 2018?

Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. is this place full blown