Author Topic: In Brown we finally have a player  (Read 8913 times)

In Brown we finally have a player
« on: June 23, 2016, 09:18:07 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
that can get to the rim with size. Right now the only player we have that can get to the rim is IT and he is kind of small. Now we have a long athlete that can explode to the basket.

Re: In Brown we finally have a player
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 09:22:29 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
What else can we do than "look on the bright side?"  If getting to the rim is the only criteria going into this, then the bar was set way too low.  Still can't get the awful taste off my mouth.  If Minny get Buttler for Dunn, this will make Danny look horrible.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 09:31:45 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
that can get to the rim with size. Right now the only player we have that can get to the rim is IT and he is kind of small. Now we have a long athlete that can explode to the basket.

Rim attacking is good, but isn't the defense just going to collapse and make Boston's mediocre shooters shoot?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 09:39:21 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Rim attacking is good, but isn't the defense just going to collapse and make Boston's mediocre shooters shoot?

We get good spacing with Yabusele who is a 44% 3 point shooter and IT who is an outside threat. This will free up Brown to slash to the basket, and kick out to them when he wants. I see Danny working here.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 09:47:43 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Before we declare Brown a super star, he needs to address a few things, like his ball handling, and his shooting isn't great. And getting to the rim in college is different than getting to the rim in the NBA.

BUT, if he can address some of these problems, his potential is extremely high. He will be an excellent defender in the NBA within the first half season.

The fact is, there simply wasn't any sure fire picks at 3. After the first 2 picks, the draft dropped off.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 09:52:28 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Before we declare Brown a super star, he needs to address a few things, like his ball handling, and his shooting isn't great. And getting to the rim in college is different than getting to the rim in the NBA.

BUT, if he can address some of these problems, his potential is extremely high. He will be an excellent defender in the NBA within the first half season.

The fact is, there simply wasn't any sure fire picks at 3. After the first 2 picks, the draft dropped off.

Ainge and Stevens are building a team. Part of what you pay for is for them to see stuff that others do not see. There is a reason Draymond Green fell to pick 35....35 folks. The Butler you are all clamoring for fell to pick 30.

Ainge and Stevens know what they want to do, and what they need. This guy Yabusele has Diaw, Biyombo, and Green written all over him. Brown is a slasher and can only improve. I like this draft.

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 09:53:34 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I think Brown is really deadly in transition.  Maybe we are going to run more with Sully gone?

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 10:00:34 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Celtic fans always complain.
I think it's the booze.

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 10:03:11 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

So... basically a slightly bigger Marcus Smart?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 10:05:51 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Love, love, love the Brown pick.  The C's need a star.  Of the players available, Brown has the best chance of becoming a star.  Dude has skills you cannot teach.  And he's a good kid.

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 10:10:33 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

He is much longer than Marcus Smart, and you cannot teach length.

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 10:15:56 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He is much longer than Marcus Smart, and you cannot teach length.

You can't teach length. You can't teach height. You can't teach heart. I know... I've heard all the buzz phrases.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 10:17:05 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Gonna be an interesting summer league

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 10:22:27 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
He is justice Winslow 2.0

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 10:26:38 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Well he has to go to all star games for the Celts or be the 3rd best player in this draft or quickly get traded for an all star. If that stuff doesn't happen he's a bust.