Author Topic: Ainge's Draft Record since trading of Big Three  (Read 4667 times)

Re: Ainge's Draft Record since trading of Big Three
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2016, 03:15:53 AM »

Offline passesofftodj

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
Man, what a bunch homers on this thread, like for real. We'll see who is right in the next two years. Until then let's enjoy the ride of getting humiliated in the playoffs because we can't draft. Oh by the way, your guy ainge was going to draft Winslow over porzingis. That was reported. Like I said, a bunch of homers on this thread.

Hmm...taking Winslow over Porzingis may prove to be right, it is not exactly an obvious choice at this point - Winslow is 19.  I thought Winslow and Towns would be the 2 biggest stars of the draft at that time, then again, what do I know?

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2016, 07:24:40 AM »

Offline safecracker

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
  • JJ8
What is the point in comparing a GM's drafting against a theoretical, optimal outcome, known years later? Compared to the optimal outcome, everyone loses. It's like the stock market; compared to the optimal outcome, all traders are way behind.
Or were there actually armchair GMs who advocated that Draymond Green should have been a top 3 pick in 2012?
The comparison should of course be made against other GMs, not against the theoretical optimum.
I don't know enough to have an opinion on the outcome.
But obviously the Warriors have been doing a decent job the last few years, getting Curry at 7, Barnes at 7, Thompson at 11, Ezeli at 30 and Green at 35. But don't tell me it was all skill - I bet not even they expected those players to mesh so well.

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2016, 08:00:27 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Or in Warriors drafting that teams ahead of them blew their picks cough..wolves..cough.

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2016, 08:38:43 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Man, what is with all the people on these forums that think the slightest criticism = total disdain?  That's not how the world works.

I'm critical of Danny's draft record.  I don't think he's been great.  and I think there's enough evidence to prove that, even if you don't want to include Rozier/Portis for comparison, which is fair.

But good god, if I think the guy is bad at drafting doesn't mean Im saying he's an awful gm.  It's just a criticism.  Too many people vigorously jump to his defense because it seems like you are offended that other people may think he has a flaw?  Idk. Doesn't make sense to me.  I like Danny as our GM for the most part, but he's far from perfect.  Most GMs are.  And yes, most GMs are worse I'd say, but there ARE some that are better all around GMs than him.  It happens. Doesn't mean I want to see him go.  I'd bet there's a majority of ppl that feel that same way.

Criticism is fine.

If it's backed with evidence and facts, that criticism is fodder for a serious and reasonable discussion.

If it's unfounded opinion, then that's fine too, but it makes for a very different discussion.

And if you're in the world of unfounded opinion, calling those who disagree with you "homers" and labeling Danny's decisions "dumb" is both inflammatory and against the spirit of these forums.

It's pretty simple really.

(I'm not saying you did any of that by the way. But you asked.)

Lol. Dude started getting attacked early. A few posts in, someone attacked his spelling. I'm surprised he didn't lash out earlier.

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2016, 11:12:23 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Smart looks like a role player.

Fail.

It's going to be much fail when Smart is on the NBA All-Defensive team this year.