Author Topic: Are we completely ruling out netting Lebron James?  (Read 6986 times)

Are we completely ruling out netting Lebron James?
« on: May 05, 2015, 04:49:26 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Nobody seem to be talking about this possibility.  I know the chances are slim to none but isn't it possible?  He has always rave about the Celtics, the fans, the environment, and he seems to have a lot of respect for CBS.  So why not?  If they don't win a championship this year (which is more and more looking like they won't), why not go after the best player in the NBA instead of lowering our expectations?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 06:19:23 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Re: Are we completely ruling out netting Lebron James?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 04:51:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
while it's possible, it would make no sense for him to do that.  His brand is too invested in the return to the Cavs. Abandoning them after one season to randomly sign in Boston would be the most bizarre move in the history of the league. 

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 05:03:42 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Yes, we are completely ruling it out.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 05:07:05 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
i don't see any way he leaves cleveland. if he leaves, then love leaves, and they would have lost wiggins for nothing. some cleveland fan would literally put a bounty out on his head.

and lebron already has a reputation as a quitter.

if he abandons cleveland again, it would cement that reputation and damage his legacy.

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 05:07:18 PM »

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Please yet, let's rule that out. 

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 05:07:32 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yes, we are completely ruling it out.

As should the fan bases for 28 other franchises.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 05:16:46 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Yes, and for the better. Don't want him here.

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 05:17:27 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Yes.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 05:18:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I know people will slam be more saying this, but I really would be very conflicted if he were to sign with the Celtics and would prefer it didn't happen.

I really don't enjoy his personality or demeanor and it just wouldn't make any sense. I would be on board if through some miracle the Celtics ever ended up with KD or Davis, but Lebron just has been a rival too long, has said and done too many obnoxious things for me to ever comprehend him playing for the Celtics.

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 05:19:45 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I know people will slam be more saying this, but I really would be very conflicted if he were to sign with the Celtics and would prefer it didn't happen.

I really don't enjoy his personality or demeanor and it just wouldn't make any sense. I would be on board if through some miracle the Celtics ever ended up with KD or Davis, but Lebron just has been a rival too long, has said and done too many obnoxious things for me to ever comprehend him playing for the Celtics.

Why would people slam you for something that's the popular opinion of Celtics fans...or at least it should be.

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 05:53:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd love to have Lebron here, mostly because I like winning championships more than I dislike Lebron.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 05:55:55 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
If LBJ left Cleveland next year for anywhere, he would not be able to enter the city limits for 10 years after his career ended.

No...he's stuck in lovely Cleveland.

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 06:00:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

Why would people slam you for something that's the popular opinion of Celtics fans...or at least it should be.

I imagine people would say things to the effect that he would help us win championships and that is what is important or that he is an amazing basketball player and we would be a joy to watch as a Celtic. I don't really disagree that he is really good or would increase our chances of a championship, for me personally he is one of the only players that would not be super enjoyable to win a championship with.

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 06:06:18 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Wow.  Yeah, I think we should rule that out and start to work on plan B.

And LeBron is not A-Rod or anything like that.  If by whatever miracle, LeBron ended up in Green, I would welcome him.  Probably wouldn't buy his Jersey, but I would love to have him on the team, absolutely.

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 06:12:18 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I sure as hell hope so, lol ;D.