Author Topic: If you view Rondo and Green as high end starters, who do we put around them?  (Read 1449 times)

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
This year i feel like we have an elite distributor and a upper echelon scoring small forward in Jeff Green. Both are very good at what they do and are in their late 20's, these are ''right now'' guys.

If you buy into the idea that Jeff Green is playing the best ball of his career and it's not a fluke and Rondo is simply in a slump, we have 2 very nice pieces for a postseason team.

With that said, using our youthful prospects and draft picks, who would you surround them with to win right now? Clearly we still need a rim protector and a go to #1 option who can create off the dribble. Who should we target?

I don't think Lebron, Durant, Blake Griffin, CP3 Marc Gasol, or any other top 10 players are available or will be available to us. Does that mean we should stay in the middle of the road and waste these guys primes? Should we really tank in hopes of a draft prospect that could take years to develop when we have two really good players right now?

What about the Millsaps, Hibberts, Joe Johnsons, Horfords, David West's, Carmelo (possibly), Al Jefferson, guys that might actually be available for the right price? Beats lottery hopes imo.

Thing is guys like this fill our needs, Joe Johnson can close games and Roy Hibbert is an elite rim protector. Neither of these guys are homeruns per-say, but we could build a nice fitting team that could become a real darkhorse.

This thread is really for people who believe in Rondo and Jeff as players worth building around, but obviously everybody is allowed and WELCOMED to add their two cents.

Just want to know who we should be targeting, i see alot of patience comments and i don't get it. I don't see a homerun deal on the horizon and i would hate to build with college kids.

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
If the idea is to flip all of the youth on this roster to create a team of players in their prime. Then the following group is the best fit I can reasonably see with Rondo and Green.

PG Rondo
SG Afflalo
SF Green
PF Milsap
C  Hibbert

the bench will need to be dynamic for this team to compete

6th Lou Williams
7th Brandon Wright

I just dont see it happening even with what I would consider ideal (reasonable) lineup this team isn't beating the best teams in the west. The future would have to be completely mortgaged to make this happen.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I would take for centers - Jordan, Hibbert and Drummond.

I still want a go-to-scorer or a real 2nd scoring threat besides Green and slide Rondo to 3rd best player on the team. Last minute in a close game, I want the ball either in one of those 3 player's hand whether it's Rondo, dribble and penetrate, Green's isolation or spot up shot or a Pierce type player.

Derozan? Rudy Gay? 

In all honesty though, I hope that person is Marcus Smart

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
First have to move Wallace, Turner, AB with a few low 1st rd picks without taking salary back. Gives us enough to re-sign Rondo, and add a max ( Hibbert)

PG: Rondo                      / clips pick
SG: Smart (trade chip)   / Young (trade chip)
SF: Green                      / top 10-15 pick (2015)
PF: Sully (trade chip)    / KO( trade chip)
 C: Hibbert                  / Zellar ( trade chip)

I would be more than happy to enter next season with this roster . Still have all our major trade chips and brooklyn picks to try and land a 3rd star when he becomes available.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:16:32 PM by rondohondo »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Hibbert can't rebound (somehow), Jordan is an athletic Perk (we still need offense). I'd rather have Drummond but that isn't going to happen. Just keep Zeller. For what you pay him and what he actually produces, he outshines the first two.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Hibbert can't rebound (somehow), Jordan is an athletic Perk (we still need offense). I'd rather have Drummond but that isn't going to happen. Just keep Zeller. For what you pay him and what he actually produces, he outshines the first two.

That's why you start him next to Sully , one of the best rebounders in the game . Sully can't defend the rim, but Hibbert is one of the best in the league . They offset each others weaknesses .

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Maybe make a big run at Jimmy Butler in free agency. Find a way to trade for Larry Sanders with G-Wallace and future picks (or Olynyk).

PG: Rondo, Smart
SG: J.Butler, Bradley
SF: J.Green
PF: Sully, Olynyk
 C: L.Sanders, T.Zeller

Good playoff team. Not a title contender but still a good amount of young improving players on the team and would be well positioned for further moves down the road.

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Rondo and Hibbert playing together...

So much for "pace and space"
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Rondo and Hibbert playing together...

So much for "pace and space"

So blocking shots and being a defensive anchor doesn't help us get the pace going on fast breaks ? news to me ......

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Drummond isn't that great on offense.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
A SG who can make threes and play off the ball, a stretch 4 who can make threes and isn't a defensive liability, and a center who is good enough to give Rondo the freedom to gamble on defense and is good at the pick and roll on offense.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference