Author Topic: Anyone else looking for Rondo to score more?  (Read 7659 times)

Anyone else looking for Rondo to score more?
« on: November 02, 2014, 02:42:08 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Rondo played a decent game yesterday vs. the Rockets. Netting 10 rebounds, eight assists and three steals is no small task. However, I felt that at times Rondo was trying to force the issue on offense with his passing (I know, you have one side complaining that he "dribbles too much" and now I'm here saying he's stressing the extra pass too much).

If shots aren't falling no matter the lack of defense on some of the shots we missed, Rondo has to take himself out of the role of the facilitator and look to take over. I would rather see my star player go 7-20 on a night when everyone else is flat than see him only take nine shots and rely on lesser teammates who aren't on the right side of their streak shooting.

Thoughts?

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Re: Anyone else looking for Rondo to score more?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 02:52:01 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I'd like Rondo to aim for 14-15 points a night rather than 10-12 points a game.

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 02:54:42 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
He passed to a lot of good looks from three that didn't go in.

I don't think he was overdoing anything personally.  I think Howard gave him a lot of trouble near the rim when he tried to attack and that was that.  Howard is really good and no one else was able to provide any attacking into the paint.  Overall their defense got into passing lanes and some of that was Rondo's fault but some I thought was certain players not aggressively getting the ball too.  Houston played more physical.

Some want more scoring from Rondo and I do hope he can provide that but I don't ever seeing it happening too much.  I'd love if he would just develop a reliable three but don't see it close yet.

I think we will have to live and die by the three.  We need it to be competitive.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 03:07:43 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 03:15:41 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Rondo is somewhat one dimensional.
That's his problem.
If he could score, he'd be Chris Paul.

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 03:30:00 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I agree but I think he's kinda never gonna do that unforunately. Just seems like it isn't his mindset   

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 04:36:57 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Yes.  For a player who is supposedly very intelligent, its concerning he doesn't think scoring is worth his time. 

Its like he wants to be a quarterback.   Can't remember the last time a quarterback was a major player on a NBA championship winning team.

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 05:53:49 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
If he could he would. Rondo struggles to score because he's still a poor perimeter shooter, never developed a floater (this would've been huge), is abysmal from the line, and on his finishes/layups around the basket he only uses his right hand. Point is that he's very limited in ways he can actually score.

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 05:56:38 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Nope.

The PG's role is to run the team, not score the ball.

His role is to execute Coach Stevens' plan on the floor. I'm guessing that Coach Stevens isn't asking Rondo to score the ball, but run his team.

Rondo can score just fine, but he runs the team even better.

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 06:03:50 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
If he could he would. Rondo struggles to score because he's still a poor perimeter shooter, never developed a floater (this would've been huge), is abysmal from the line, and on his finishes/layups around the basket he only uses his right hand. Point is that he's very limited in ways he can actually score.

Kind of like Rubio right?  ;)

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 06:42:00 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I agree, but Rondo has a good floater.. He used to use that a lot in the playoffs.. Also Rondo can finish with both hands, but regardless Rondo is still a pass first type of player, so asking him to score over twelve is a tad bit too much to expect out of him.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 06:43:47 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I think Rondo can score, but I do not see him as a 20 ppg scorer or even 18. I think he can do something like 14 ppg, 11apg and 5 rpg or something like that

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 07:07:01 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Kind of like Rubio right?  ;)

Exactly like Rubio. Rubio has major issues with his shooting, but I think it's all mental. His form is sound and he shoots 80% from the line. He's still young enough to become respectable.

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 07:15:54 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Last night in the 2nd half there were a couple of times rondo was wide open for a 5-7 ft jumper\floater and he forced bounce passes to bigs that got us no where.  I remember thinking come on shoot that. 

So, yeah, I do wish rondo would look to score a little more, and I don't mean 3 pointers.

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 07:31:57 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
We've been looking for Rondo to score more since the big 3 era

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 08:06:09 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Nope.

The PG's role is to run the team, not score the ball.

His role is to execute Coach Stevens' plan on the floor. I'm guessing that Coach Stevens isn't asking Rondo to score the ball, but run his team.

Rondo can score just fine, but he runs the team even better.

this is just an excuse from fans of a PG who can't score.