Author Topic: Forsberg: Turner might be playing his way into starting role  (Read 7988 times)

Re: Forsberg: Turner might be playing his way into starting role
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2014, 10:52:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Lineup i would like to see

Starting

Ko
Sully
Green
Ab
Smart

Bench

Zeller
Turner
Young
Thornton
Pressey

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2014, 12:18:22 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think Boston needs to take one of Rondo/Smart/Bradley... one of Turner/Green... and one of Sully/Oly... combine those 3 guys and go hard after a post defending center.  A nice 3-for-1 trade to clear up this mess of mediocrity would be a big step in the right direction.

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2014, 12:30:28 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I think Boston needs to take one of Rondo/Smart/Bradley... one of Turner/Green... and one of Sully/Oly... combine those 3 guys and go hard after a post defending center.  A nice 3-for-1 trade to clear up this mess of mediocrity would be a big step in the right direction.

Wouldn't that make them mediocre?

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2014, 12:49:26 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Or some of our many firsts.

Larry Sanders is a target.

I've been thinking (even before the preseason started) we trade Green to a competitive third team, a first or two (plus the third team sends something) to the Bucks and we receive Larry Sanders.

Ever the homer, I was high on Turner since we got him. And James Young's preseason has tickled my fancies even more.

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2014, 12:56:48 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Don't get me wrong, I like Turner and I love the acquisition - I just think this is a classic case of Celtics Bloggers overeating (e.g. Smart is already better than Rondo!!!). 

Turner has 3 or 4 solid games (in the preseason!!) when Jeff Green happened to be out with an injury (hence no production to compare against) and suddenly people are saying Turner should start over Green.

I say let's let Green keep his starting spot (he has earned it so far) and if Turner really is good enough to take that from Green, let him earn it with his play - on a consistent basis.  Once we are 15-20 games in to the season if Turner is still outplaying Green, then by all means start him.

True.

But so far his play style appears to have changed for the better. More passing, he's looked good spotting up. He's played well off the ball beside ball handlers. People have pointed out his overdribbling and while I'd like for that to improve, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt (doesn't know his teammates well yet, and Brad is experimenting with lineups, throwing out some pretty ugly lineups).

I'm taking this with a tower's worth of salt. But I'll take the over and be happy about it.