Author Topic: I know what everyone is thinking!!!  (Read 10048 times)

I know what everyone is thinking!!!
« on: October 09, 2014, 09:48:45 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
No one wants to say anything good in fear of everything turning to crap. without going overboard after only two preseason games I will say I am impressed with the Celtic's defense and also with them constantly pushing the ball up the floor on offense.

I just can't spend all year hating on individuals on this team and cheering for tanking. this team is going to be exciting to watch and may finish higher in the standings than you think.

Re: I know what everyone is thinking!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 12:01:54 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
sully, 23 points!  this is why i didn't want love (yes its still early!).

I think sully can become what love is, a 20/10 power forward.  one difference is that sully plays a little d.

danny does have pieces that he could move to push in for this year if the team performs well out of the gate.  i still think we are the sf pure scorer in the for of pp away.  i don't think green will ever be that person.  lets go make rondo happy and trade for josh smith.  the salary stinks, but with our young guys, maybe it can be offset.  stick zeller in the middle, ko and sully at the 4, smith at the 3, bradley/smart/pressey/rondo and the 2 and 1 positions.

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 01:00:17 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I expect this team to be good. Far from a tanker team.

Can't get too pumped about 2 pre-season games but it's better seeing that than the alternative. Rondo and Green yet to play too.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 01:11:58 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I think sully can become what love is, a 20/10 power forward.  one difference is that sully plays a little d.

danny does have pieces that he could move to push in for this year if the team performs well out of the gate.  i still think we are the sf pure scorer in the for of pp away.  i don't think green will ever be that person.  lets go make rondo happy and trade for josh smith.  the salary stinks, but with our young guys, maybe it can be offset.  stick zeller in the middle, ko and sully at the 4, smith at the 3, bradley/smart/pressey/rondo and the 2 and 1 positions.

Eh floor spacing would struggle.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 01:16:30 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I expect this team to be good. Far from a tanker team.

I expect them to be mid low of the pack.  Hopefully, they change the lotto rules and it benefits us.

What if Green comes back and throws the team into a wreck.  If RR comes back and the gears come loose there will he heckish pressure to play Smart.   I can see some potential chaos ahead and a readjustment period for about two weeks.

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 01:35:40 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Team is bad by virtue of not being good. That doesn't change when I put the green glasses on, and I'm certainly not suppressing any enthusiasm for fear of a jinx.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 01:53:48 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I get what you're saying in terms of Sully having the potential to be Love. But Love was already established since his 2nd season in the league. His 30/30 outing definitely defined who he was and propelled him towards stardom. Sully is in his 3rd season and I don't see him being the player Love is

One would hope he would, but I would still take Love over Sully any day

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 02:07:05 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Oh Yeah!!
Let's Go Celtics!!!

:) :)

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 02:18:22 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I still hold the minority opinion that we're going to be a .500 team. 

Feel like there is a bit of a change of guard happening in the league now where veteran teams won't be able to keep up with the younger teams.  Cleveland, Chicago, Washington, Toronto and Atlanta -- IMO -- are the only Eastern teams that are clearly better than us. 

Charlotte and NYK both look like pretenders to me, and I expect the wheels to fall off of both Miami and Brooklyns seasons with injuries & bad defense. 

Big variable for the Celts seems to be size.  I like both Sully and Kelly, but its clear we aren't going to be very good if we have to feature both.   Neither are centers, but both are good enough to be 30mpg power forwards.   

But you have to love the backcourt, right?  Smart is a keeper, for sure -- very high ceiling.  And then Rondo/AB/Turner/Thorton...  Not to mention Jeff Green.  All team players, great D, some shooting. 

So yea, I'm bucking the trend.  Calling it a 500 team with upset potential in the playoffs IF we can trade for a starting center.

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 02:37:07 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
You do? You can read my thought bubbles?  :P ;)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 02:42:19 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Ugh--I don't want Josh Smith.

But I don't think the KO/Sully combo (or one of them paired with Zeller) makes for a championship front court. So I see them pumping up Sully's stats this year to AlJeff proportions, then trying to make him a major part of a trade for a defensive stud center. It's incredibly early, but I'm getting hopes for Young to become a key scoring wing and Smart and KO are keepers as well, whether or not Rondo stays.

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 02:58:58 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I still hold the minority opinion that we're going to be a .500 team. 

Feel like there is a bit of a change of guard happening in the league now where veteran teams won't be able to keep up with the younger teams.  Cleveland, Chicago, Washington, Toronto and Atlanta -- IMO -- are the only Eastern teams that are clearly better than us. 

Charlotte and NYK both look like pretenders to me, and I expect the wheels to fall off of both Miami and Brooklyns seasons with injuries & bad defense. 

Big variable for the Celts seems to be size.  I like both Sully and Kelly, but its clear we aren't going to be very good if we have to feature both.   Neither are centers, but both are good enough to be 30mpg power forwards.   

But you have to love the backcourt, right?  Smart is a keeper, for sure -- very high ceiling.  And then Rondo/AB/Turner/Thorton...  Not to mention Jeff Green.  All team players, great D, some shooting. 

So yea, I'm bucking the trend.  Calling it a 500 team with upset potential in the playoffs IF we can trade for a starting center.

And Mr. Young.

I like your bold projection--and think it's a possibility.

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 03:07:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
pre-season results meaningless, especially against teams like Sixers and Knix.  But team seems to be buying in early to Stevens' coaching.  We are still very weak defensively inside. And there won't be many nights when our shooting 3 % will be like it was last night v. Knicks.  Still, optimism rules the day.

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 03:25:53 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Question is will Rondo buy into Stevens up tempo ,  .......fast paced , quick pass and shoot .

Pressure ....no huddle offense .  Wear the older players out

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 03:29:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Actually, no, you don't know what I am thinking!!!