Author Topic: Bulls up offer for Love. Celtics still in running?  (Read 10031 times)

Re: Bulls up offer for Love. Celtics still in running?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 12:11:09 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Just a hunch but I think DA wants to get Waiters for a small return.. He was inquiring about him last year and Clevland is still clearing cap space..

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 12:14:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Did Mirotic really do any more at Real Madrid than Ilyasova did when at Barcelona?

Why is Mirotic a much better player than Ilyasova?

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 12:20:53 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If anything, you'd think that the Bulls would be able to wring most of what they'd get from Love from Mirotic.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 12:21:46 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Personally I don't really understand how the Bulls offer is better than the Cavs one.  Give me a guy with a chance to be a All-NBA player, especially if you are A) in a place where it is impossible to sign one of those guys as a FA and B) you're in a loaded conference.

This package will make them... exactly what they are now probably standing wise.   Good chance they are worse.   There is no upside.  They are deeper but with no chance of being more talented.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 12:26:18 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Just a hunch but I think DA wants to get Waiters for a small return.. He was inquiring about him last year and Clevland is still clearing cap space..

because we dont have enough guards!  :P

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 12:26:55 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Personally I don't really understand how the Bulls offer is better than the Cavs one.  Give me a guy with a chance to be a All-NBA player, especially if you are A) in a place where it is impossible to sign one of those guys as a FA and B) you're in a loaded conference.

This package will make them... exactly what they are now probably standing wise.   Good chance they are worse.   There is no upside.  They are deeper but with no chance of being more talented.

because Flip is an ididiot....he wants to make the playoffs as an 8 seed. supposedly he would rather have THompson/Lee than wiggins!

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 12:31:10 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55

quality not quantity .. insert stupid face

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 12:31:18 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I don't think Ainge would do this but I am willing to open the floodgates and make one final huge offer for Love: Bogans, Smart, Young, Sullinger, Olynyk and any two future 1st round picks of their choice. To give them the cap relief from Martin that they want, we do Martin for Bass. I am also willing to basically substitute any player on our roster other than Rondo for the ones that I mentioned if that's what Flip wants. All these guys can eventually be replaced, stars can't be.

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 12:32:22 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Can't and won't speak about Mirotic because who the heck knows.  But Gibson is a baller (much better than Sully BTW) and would help a team right now.  And Wiggins is a wildcard as well; one that I don't have all that much confidence personally.  That is why I would take Thompson over Wiggins too.

And I agree with Flip.  They have been playing the lotto game for years and it's gotten them nowhere.  I would to win now too.

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 12:32:41 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

quality not quantity .. insert stupid face

Exactly right.  It's also July folks.  You have time to balance your guard rotation.

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 12:33:07 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
No, I don't believe the Celtics are in the running.

I think a lot of what we're seeing right now is simply posturing. 

Like I said yesterday, the writing is all over the wall.  Love is going to Cleveland.  The only questions are when and how big the deal will be.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 12:33:51 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
I don't think Ainge would do this but I am willing to open the floodgates and make one final huge offer for Love: Bogans, Smart, Young, Sullinger, Olynyk and any two future 1st round picks of their choice. To give them the cap relief from Martin that they want, we do Martin for Bass. I am also willing to basically substitute any player on our roster other than Rondo for the ones that I mentioned if that's what Flip wants. All these guys can eventually be replaced, stars can't be.

To much for Love offer. If we don't get Love ill take the additional pieces and keep the Toys Danny has to play with.

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 12:35:09 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Taj Gibson is a very good bench big but he is just that.  He is a role player.

Mirotic and McDermott haven't played in the NBA.  They are unproven.

It's not just me saying the Wolves think that, Sheridan who reported this says that's a better offer than the Cavs one and personally I just find that baffling.  He literally said it's better because you get three starters, then sort of hedged and said two plus Doug.

So a great bench big and two guys who haven't played in the NBA are 3 starters?  And what is their ceiling?  What are you building around?  I get that Mirotic is a good prospect too but there have been other great European big shooters who haven't lit the NBA on fire.

Wiggins has so much more potential.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 12:36:59 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Now that we have Evan Turner, I think we could include Green:

Green
Olynyk
Young
A good future pick

as compared to

Gibson
McDermott
Mirotic
Pick?

I think I would still want Wiggins and Bennett either way but I think our package can beat Chicago even without Smart.  If we throw in Smart in place of Young, it seems to be clearly a better package.

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 12:37:59 PM »

Offline djbilly33

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 11
I hope we aren't still in the running.  Sorry but I don't want to trade away the entire team for him especially if he doesn't commit long term. On top of that, he's a big fish in a little pond, his numbers are good, 26/12 but the team sucks. It's like everyone thinks Bradley is the next coming of Christ because his scoring went up this year, who else could of scored on this team??? Love on a contender will be an 16-18 pt guy and 10-12 rebounds, not worth trading for especially for a guy who doesn't play defense.