Author Topic: What is Danny Ainge thinking by drafting Marcus Dumb?  (Read 7909 times)

Re: What is Danny Ainge thinking by drafting Marcus Dumb?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 10:00:26 PM »

Offline danielthemaniel

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
I don't particularly like smart either but frankly, I didn't really like any of the guys left.  Really wanted Aaron Gordon.

Same here.  While Smart was probably BPA at 6, I too really wanted Air Gordon and thus this a very disappointing draft since I thought we had a legit chance to get him.  Kudos to Magic FO for recognizing his talent and taking him 4 as I think he will be a great player and much more valuable than Smart due to his length and position he will play.  I'd be much happier had we at least had the opportunity to see who Ainge would have picked had Gordon and/or Exum been available at 6, guess only time will tell how these guys develop.

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 10:05:42 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I predicted that we would take Marcus Smart, and I am thrilled.

He will be our point guard for the next 10 years.

So long Rondo and Bradley. Hello Smart and Young.

Finally some guards who can shoot.

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 10:05:52 PM »

Offline Schiller

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
  • Ball Don't Lie!
Frankly, I think this is a really immature post by OP. I mean, come on, "Marcus Dumb"? This is an incredibly hard working kid drafted by a decorated NBA GM, who are you? Give this kid a chance and have some faith.
"I'm cold-blooded!" - Paul Pierce

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 10:10:10 PM »

Offline Celtics39

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 10:11:03 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Seriously. Have you ever watched Smart play? He can't shoot and his point guard ability is highly questionable. Add to that the fact that Young is 19 and probably needs two years to be NBA ready. If Marcus Smart is your point guard for the next 10 years, then the ceiling probably is 4th seed in the eastern conference playoffs. I have nothing against either of these guys -- Smart is a solid defender and goes to the rim strong. Just not the guy I wanted.

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 10:13:47 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Seriously. Have you ever watched Smart play? He can't shoot and his point guard ability is highly questionable. Add to that the fact that Young is 19 and probably needs two years to be NBA ready. If Marcus Smart is your point guard for the next 10 years, then the ceiling probably is 4th seed in the eastern conference playoffs.

Smart was the top ranked point guard in the draft.

Now we can trade Rondo.

Praise Jesus!

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 10:17:35 PM »

Offline danielthemaniel

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
Frankly, I think this is a really immature post by OP. I mean, come on, "Marcus Dumb"? This is an incredibly hard working kid drafted by a decorated NBA GM, who are you? Give this kid a chance and have some faith.

Agree with this sentiment.  Smart seems like a good kid and I love his competitiveness and fiery attitude and can certainly respect the pick, it will be interesting to see the next moves Ainge makes, I see Rondo being traded as more of an inevitable at this point. 

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 10:21:57 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Agree with this sentiment.  Smart seems like a good kid and I love his competitiveness and fiery attitude and can certainly respect the pick, it will be interesting to see the next moves Ainge makes, I see Rondo being traded as more of an inevitable at this point.

+2

I was so high on Smart before and I'm still high on him

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 10:22:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Not too thrilled about the pick.  I don't follow college ball, though.  Maybe Smart will be a starter.

It's a shame, though, because everything I hear about Exum is that he's a future superstar... and we lost him due to a coin flip.

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2014, 10:40:43 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Not too thrilled about the pick.  I don't follow college ball, though.  Maybe Smart will be a starter.

It's a shame, though, because everything I hear about Exum is that he's a future superstar... and we lost him due to a coin flip.

I am going to predict that Marcus Smart will have a much better pro career than Dante Exum. 

All the scouting reports claim that Exum's not much of a shooter either. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2014, 10:53:12 PM »

Offline bhbf08

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
The better question is ... . if the OP has a job then who in the world hired him ???  I mean he can't shoot, he can't dribble, he got C's and D's in school and someone gave him a job?  Lol 

Must be nice to go attack a hard working guy who saw his dreams come true tonight, makes you wonder if the press dug into each and every one of our lives how much wrong they could find in us. 

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2014, 10:55:59 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
What is Danny Ainge thinking by drafting Marcus Dumb?
He was probably thinking how annoying forum trolls are.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2014, 10:58:41 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
The better question is ... . if the OP has a job then who in the world hired him ???  I mean he can't shoot, he can't dribble, he got C's and D's in school and someone gave him a job?  Lol 

Must be nice to go attack a hard working guy who saw his dreams come true tonight, makes you wonder if the press dug into each and every one of our lives how much wrong they could find in us.

I think the Smart/Rondo combo is going to be amazing. Two guards that want and need to win. Would have been top 3 in most drafts.

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2014, 11:01:16 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
But unfortunately, two guards who can't shoot......   :-\

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2014, 11:01:55 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
The only player I liked in this draft more than Smart was Embiid. Happy with the pick.

Not a fan of Young, but he'll be a decent back-up at least.