Author Topic: Thank you, Danny Ainge  (Read 4695 times)

Re: Thank you, Danny Ainge
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2014, 12:46:28 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Ainge has lost his touch---he has players that NOBODY wants...and nobody wants to deal with him anyway....I have not been this disappointed in a long time...Nothing done @ the trade deadline---a crappy draft...no moves...and I PROMISE you---this team will let that TPE expire, without using it---they do not care, they're still selling season tickets--and made a lot of money from that Cable TV deal.

Two of the most talented prospects in this draft, one still 20, & the other 18 yrs of age & you're complaining ?

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2014, 12:50:10 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Ainge has lost his touch---he has players that NOBODY wants...and nobody wants to deal with him anyway....I have not been this disappointed in a long time...Nothing done @ the trade deadline---a crappy draft...no moves...and I PROMISE you---this team will let that TPE expire, without using it---they do not care, they're still selling season tickets--and made a lot of money from that Cable TV deal.

Two of the most talented prospects in this draft, one still 20, & the other 18 yrs of age & you're complaining ?

Plenty to complain about.  Ainge hasn't been agressive in getting pieces we need for two years now.  We still need a rim protector.  We have 2 PF's, about 8 guards now and plenty of guys that we coulda moved but no one wants.  This team is garbage as assembled.  Heck we shoulda got affolo at least. 

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2014, 12:57:21 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55

Plenty to complain about.  Ainge hasn't been agressive in getting pieces we need for two years now.  We still need a rim protector.  We have 2 PF's, about 8 guards now and plenty of guys that we coulda moved but no one wants.  This team is garbage as assembled.  Heck we shoulda got affolo at least.

There is one rim protector in this draft and he has red flags all over... maybe the medical staff didnt even clear him..they dont grow on trees... take the best player available

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 12:57:50 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Plenty to complain about.
Plenty to complain about. Ainge failed to get us Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, LeBron, Carmelo, Dwight Howard, or even Tim Duncan tonight. Fire him immediately. Fire him twice, for that matter!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2014, 12:58:19 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
I love the pick. He brings the energy and competitiveness we've needed for a long time, especially because our current team is very laid back. There's no point in filling need right now-- we won't compete for a championship this year anyways, and even if we were good, we would never make it past the west teams in the finals. Therefore develop Smart, and lets be terrible so we can get Okafor #1 next year!

Become Legendary.

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2014, 07:13:35 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Plenty to complain about.
Plenty to complain about. Ainge failed to get us Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, LeBron, Carmelo, Dwight Howard, or even Tim Duncan tonight. Fire him immediately. Fire him twice, for that matter!

Over the last two years?  Yes.  he cleeared all this cap space, moved all these players, acquired all these assets to do what?  Sit at 6 and #17?  If you're not gonna trade for vet players at least use that stuff to move up and get some guys.  I like smart but I hate the James pcik.  James is projected as bad on defense and not a shot creator.  I guess they look at him as a ray allen type...whatever.  Woulda rather had TJ Warren.  And we didnt even try to geta second round pick.  Plenty of SF's in the second round and we went after who?  Last year he goes for Olynyk when he has Deng or Plumlee sitting there while we have Sullinger and Bass at PF.  I'm hopin something happens within the next few months otherwise, this is gonna be a bust.

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2014, 08:05:02 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
great picks, smart has the fire to succeed right away and young gives us the flexibility to handle bradleys restricted free agency