Author Topic: Disgusting that lifelong Knicks sells his allegiance.  (Read 3707 times)

Re: Disgusting that lifelong Knicks sells his allegiance.
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2018, 09:18:21 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Give me $3500 and I’ll watch some Lakers games. I’ll even wear a Magic or Kareem jersey. Nobody needs to know that my heart isn’t in it.

Can we please start up a crowd funding campaign with the requirement Roy take a picture and use it as his new avatars in a Lakers shirt (maybe AC Green?) While waving a Lakers banner.  Maybe dyed hair purple and gold.

Love this thread.

Surely, if you're paying $3400+, you are going to require some proof of fanhood... right? Wearing the Lakers jersey in MSG when they play the Knicks might be a good one.

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2018, 09:40:13 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
I think it said he agreed to go to two games, one home and one road, and wear Lakers gear.

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2018, 09:48:52 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 745
Not a bad way to make $3400.

Kind of related, my father in law is a die hard Red Sox fan who lives in Boston and has for the last 35 years. But he was born on Long Island, NY, grew up there, and didn't leave until college at which point he was a Yankees fan. Which means that, sometime in his 20's, he switched from rooting for the Yankees to rooting for the Red Sox. Yes, he made the right choice but it's a hard thing for me to understand.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2018, 11:10:03 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I really like the Celtics, but this is like someone offering you real money if you trade them your monopoly property.

Except you just tell them they get your monopoly property and like, take a picture that says they own it, that's it.  Yeah sign me up too, I'm probably going to a Lakers game this year with a friend anyway.

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2018, 11:12:17 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1557
For a fan of a team that will almost certainly be terrible, that is a great deal.  You buy a Lebron jersey, watch a few Lakers games (while still watching the Knicks), and make some money.  Heck even a fan of a good team in the East could probably do something like that as there is no way the Lakers are coming out of the West (if they even make the playoffs). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2018, 11:50:49 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
LOL.

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2018, 12:26:14 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
What if there is a Heaven and he gets sent to Lakers Heaven?..Imagine one of us Celtics fans landing there for eternity! :) I am taking no chances, not selling my soul to the Lakers no matter what.

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2018, 01:36:08 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
What if there is a Heaven and he gets sent to Lakers Heaven?..Imagine one of us Celtics fans landing there for eternity! :) I am taking no chances, not selling my soul to the Lakers no matter what.

Laker heaven is a contradiction in terms.

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2018, 02:20:57 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 322
Give me $3500 and I’ll watch some Lakers games. I’ll even wear a Magic or Kareem jersey. Nobody needs to know that my heart isn’t in it.

Just $3,500 to get your name in the news for becoming a Lakers fan? Everyone you know will hear about that.

I'm in for $200k.

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2018, 02:33:41 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Laker heaven is a contradiction in terms.

Yeah there are barely even any lakes near heaven, they just lazily kept the name when they moved from Minneapolis.

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2018, 02:55:05 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008

But money is involved. If you do it for let's say even $100,000 you have to do it lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2018, 03:32:42 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
This story is completely hilarious.  Sold his fan-soul for $3,450?  Bad deal!  Now if he got 10x that amount...THAT'S a story.
To quote a punch line...

We've already established what he is. Now we're just haggling.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2018, 06:46:07 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Well, if I had to go to a game in LA, wouldn't do it, too many costs involved, I'd be wasting too much of the 3400. Now if I had to go see the mage or heat, sign me up! That's free money and I get to see games. I'll pretend to root for them, he can't see my thoughts! Thanks for the money! I'll still have LP and watch my Celtics! It's easy to be on the DL when the person can't check you!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)