Author Topic: Bucks are the Celtics biggest competition in the east  (Read 4791 times)

Re: Bucks are the Celtics biggest competition in the east
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 06:58:22 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Bucks and Raps have new coaches and some key players replaced (and new ones). Sixers brought back the same squad and coach plus Embiid and Simmons are two of the best young players (when healthy).

If anything we know what the Raptors and Bucks will bring, the Sixers could have a monster year if Embiid and Simmons are locked in and healthy.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 07:12:59 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Bucks and Raps have new coaches and some key players replaced (and new ones). Sixers brought back the same squad and coach plus Embiid and Simmons are two of the best young players (when healthy).

If anything we know what the Raptors and Bucks will bring, the Sixers could have a monster year if Embiid and Simmons are locked in and healthy.

Sixers lost two key veteran bench players in Belinelli and Ilyasova, who turned their season around when they joined last year. Those guys added a much needed vet presence and perimeter shooting. Ilyasova interestingly enough is on the Bucks again now, and will strengthen their bench significantly, as will Lopez.

A lot of hype for the Sixers despite the fact that a team without its two superstars wrecked them in the playoffs and then they lost two of their key bench vets. I can see them having a slight regression this season.

The Bucks on the other hand are trending upward with some excellent additions this summer, no key losses, and Giannis is likely to show more improvement as well.

I also expect a resurgence from the Wizards. They cleaned up some of their chemistry issues by sending out Gortat and strengthened their defense imo with Dwight Howard. Wall is back to 100% health and has a lot to prove, and Oubre should show more improvement this season. Jeff Green is also a nice bench addition for them with Finals experience. I expect them to return to the level when they took the Celtics to 7 and IT ruined his hip.

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 07:46:52 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I really like the Bucks. They have a good coach now and have added some shooters to compliment Giannis. 

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 09:27:07 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Not concerned about the Bucks unless Giannis has developed a jumper during the offseason. 
They aren't going to start Henson and Lopez but it would be great (for us) if they did.  Giannis plays best at the 4.  Other than Giannis and Middleton, I wouldn't want anyone on their team.

I agree with this.  Everyone talks about Giannis being great and an MVP candidate and I think its bullEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..  The man cannot shoot.  Put someone in front of him to take charges.  He's a younger LeBUM before he learned how to shoot.

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 09:33:26 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Not concerned about the Bucks unless Giannis has developed a jumper during the offseason. 
They aren't going to start Henson and Lopez but it would be great (for us) if they did.  Giannis plays best at the 4.  Other than Giannis and Middleton, I wouldn't want anyone on their team.

I agree with this.  Everyone talks about Giannis being great and an MVP candidate and I think its bull****.  The man cannot shoot.  Put someone in front of him to take charges.  He's a younger LeBUM before he learned how to shoot.
LeBron caused us some serious problems and won an MVP without learning how to shoot. I'm definitely not saying Giannis is the same (considerably worse playmaker and passer), but he did lead a team that forced us to go to 7 games. Adding Ilyasova is also a sneaky good addition
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2018, 10:14:42 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Sterling Brown is going to be a breakout player for the Bucks this year.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2018, 10:20:55 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

I’m just going to assume you made a clever prison pun because there won’t be anything breakout for him on the court.

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2018, 10:38:15 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I’m just going to assume you made a clever prison pun because there won’t be anything breakout for him on the court.

You shouldn't assume. That's not good assuming.

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2018, 10:43:05 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Unless you are assuming Kawhi isn't healthy then the OPs take is so hot that I'm surprised my computer didn't burst into flames.

The Raptors had the best record last year, they improved by adding Kawhi, they are absolutely the biggest threat to the C's.

I also think Philly (not really buying how important Belinelli and Ilysova were to the team last year), and Indiana (Oladipo is great, young bigs should improve and Tyreke will help) probably will be better than Milwaukee.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2018, 10:49:20 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I also expect a resurgence from the Wizards. They cleaned up some of their chemistry issues by sending out Gortat and strengthened their defense imo with Dwight Howard.

Good thing I finished my morning coffee a few minutes ago because I would have spat it all over my screen from laughing.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 10:54:49 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I also expect a resurgence from the Wizards. They cleaned up some of their chemistry issues by sending out Gortat and strengthened their defense imo with Dwight Howard.

Good thing I finished my morning coffee a few minutes ago because I would have spat it all over my screen from laughing.

When Dwight Howard is on another team in 9 months I can't wait to hear how this wasn't his fault either.

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2018, 11:06:07 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

When Dwight Howard is on another team in 9 months I can't wait to hear how this wasn't his fault either.
He's changed this time!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2018, 11:28:28 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I tend to agree that people may be overlooking the Bucks. If they found a way to upgrade either Bledsoe or Brogdon, they'd have some real potential.

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2018, 11:37:25 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I tend to agree that people may be overlooking the Bucks. If they found a way to upgrade either Bledsoe or Brogdon, they'd have some real potential.
I think those guys are both solid players. I just think the system they were in did not benefit or put them in a position to succeed. Bucks issue last year wasn't really talent, it was mostly coaching imo.

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2018, 11:38:08 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Let's be honest. We really don't know who will be our biggest competition. There aren't any stable teams led by superstars in their prime in the east.

Kawhi is the only superstar actually in his prime, and there are significant questions about both his health and how he fits with his new teammates and coach.

Giannis, Embiid, Simmons, Brown and Tatum are all ascending players. Any one of them could break away from the others. Fultz could be anything from a irrelevant to an all-star. I'm most concerned about Giannis. I could see him becoming the league's best player next year.

It does look like if everyone's game continues on trend that we are very likely to end up on top, but this is the most unpredictable season we've seen in some time.