Author Topic: Ben Simmons is an MVP candidate  (Read 4188 times)

Re: Ben Simmons is an MVP candidate
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2018, 09:56:54 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Kyrie ,Brown and Tatum will destroy Club  Simmons . 

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2018, 10:19:12 AM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Ben Simmons and Embiid both have chances in the future (3-4 years) to be league MVP.

Although I'd bet against the following scenario it's possible. What if Simmons goes all Penny Hardaway? Feels slighted, becomes contemptuous over his contract vs. Embiid's, and one of them leaves...

I don't want either to get injured. I want one of them to leave (not for the Lakers, preferably to China, Lithuania, or directly to the Big3) and avoid these jabronis. They're trouble if they become great teammates and maximize their team's talent.
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2018, 10:35:55 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Ben Simmons and Embiid both have chances in the future (3-4 years) to be league MVP.

Although I'd bet against the following scenario it's possible. What if Simmons goes all Penny Hardaway? Feels slighted, becomes contemptuous over his contract vs. Embiid's, and one of them leaves...

I don't want either to get injured. I want one of them to leave (not for the Lakers, preferably to China, Lithuania, or directly to the Big3) and avoid these jabronis. They're trouble if they become great teammates and maximize their team's talent.

If Simmons isn’t offered the same max rookie extension next summer that Embiid was given this year, which will be worth more overall, I will be shocked.  In fact, I expect Simmons won’t have the potential injury voids in the contract like Embiid does, which means it will be better deal.

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2018, 10:50:30 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Kyrie ,Brown and Tatum will destroy Club  Simmons .

Could be epic.

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2018, 12:49:20 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I have seen a lot of 76ers fans worried Simmons will go to LA because of how much he likes the Lifestyle and spotlight. Don't know if it is actually based on anything though. Would be ironic if Simmons to spend the last few years of Lebron's career in LA after everyone was in hysterics Lebron would go to philly.

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2018, 01:42:26 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

I actually think Embiid is the key to that team. Who knows what will happen when Al and Baynes are washed in a couple years and Embiid is entering his prime. Probably why we'll be drafting another big this year to team up with RW3.

Simmons just seems passive to me. Embiid actually wants to destroy you. Simmons is like creepy cold on the court.

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2018, 01:49:15 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Phill doesn't scare me at all. We have beaten them without our main weapons, playing rooks and kids heavy minutes.
Tatum trade was their verdict regarding our "rivalry".
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2018, 01:50:32 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Phill doesn't scare me at all. We have beaten them without our main weapons, playing rooks and kids heavy minutes.
Tatum trade was their verdict regarding our "rivalry".

I'm not worried for the next year or two. But Al and Baynes aren't getting any younger..