Author Topic: 18-19 season predictions that will look brilliant or ridiculous in June  (Read 13943 times)

Re: 18-19 season predictions that will look brilliant or ridiculous in June
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2018, 11:13:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
MVP: LeBron James
ROTY: Trae Young
MIP: Zach Lavine
6 MOTY: Eric Gordon
DPOY: DeAndre Jordan
COTY: Quin Snyder
Exec OTY: Magic Johnson
Sportmanship Award: Al Horford
All NBA Team: Curry, Harden, LeBron, Leonard, AD

Best RS record: GSW
Best EC record: Celtics
Champions: Houston
Runner ups: Celtics
FMVP: Chris Paul
MVP: Anthony Davis
ROY: Luka Doncic
MIP: Javale McGee ;)
6MOTY: Lou Williams
DPOY: Kawhi Leonard
COTY: Brad Stevens
Exec: Tim Connelly (go IT!)
All-NBA: Kyrie, Harden, Giannis, Durant, AD

West record: GSW
East record: BOS
Champs: Boston
Runners up: Houston
FMVP: Kyrie Irving

Interesting choices

Originally, I also had Lou Williams as 6MOTY lol, this is "the 3p shooting guard" award

I can see Leonard winning a 3rd DPOY with his new team, I chose DeAndre for his blocks and bcs I think he ll fit nicely in the Mavs.

Exec is hard to make sense of IMO. With players you have stats and performance, no clue how one GM chooses to vote for another. Last year, I felt Ainge made great moves, yet he was only 4th in the voting (and got the same number of 1st place votes [1] as Colangelo and Olshey). Good luck to Connelly for the coming season ofc

I'm really interested in how the Trae Young/Doncic trade will play out. My first reaction is that Atlanta made a mistake, Doncic is arguably the best talent to ever come out of Europe,  and the pick they got from the Mavs seems underwhelming. Since they also traded Schroeder, ATL's coaching staff and FO must be really high on Young (hence I picked him for ROY), I'm really curious to watch them next season.
It really is just a toss-up between Gordon and Williams, lol.

Yeah, I feel that if Leonard buys in, he could definitely win DPOY again. Or AD if he doesn't win MVP. I'm not so sure about DJ, as he didn't even average 1bpg over the course of last season. I doubt he struggles that much again, but I'm not sure if we'll ever see the return of 15 rebound & 2 blocks per game DJ.

With exec I have no idea how they determine it really. I just want IT to do well, and suspect that MPJ could pan out really well as the 14th pick.

I am super high on Doncic, and not high at all on Trae Young, but he could prove me wrong. I just don't see him succeeding as an NBA player (by succeeding I mean being the second coming of Curry, or whatever some people have said).
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2018, 11:52:18 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
MVP: LeBron James
ROTY: Trae Young
MIP: Zach Lavine
6 MOTY: Eric Gordon
DPOY: DeAndre Jordan
COTY: Quin Snyder
Exec OTY: Magic Johnson
Sportmanship Award: Al Horford
All NBA Team: Curry, Harden, LeBron, Leonard, AD

Best RS record: GSW
Best EC record: Celtics
Champions: Houston
Runner ups: Celtics
FMVP: Chris Paul
MVP: Anthony Davis
ROY: Luka Doncic
MIP: Javale McGee ;)
6MOTY: Lou Williams
DPOY: Kawhi Leonard
COTY: Brad Stevens
Exec: Tim Connelly (go IT!)
All-NBA: Kyrie, Harden, Giannis, Durant, AD

West record: GSW
East record: BOS
Champs: Boston
Runners up: Houston
FMVP: Kyrie Irving

Interesting choices

Originally, I also had Lou Williams as 6MOTY lol, this is "the 3p shooting guard" award

I can see Leonard winning a 3rd DPOY with his new team, I chose DeAndre for his blocks and bcs I think he ll fit nicely in the Mavs.

Exec is hard to make sense of IMO. With players you have stats and performance, no clue how one GM chooses to vote for another. Last year, I felt Ainge made great moves, yet he was only 4th in the voting (and got the same number of 1st place votes [1] as Colangelo and Olshey). Good luck to Connelly for the coming season ofc

I'm really interested in how the Trae Young/Doncic trade will play out. My first reaction is that Atlanta made a mistake, Doncic is arguably the best talent to ever come out of Europe,  and the pick they got from the Mavs seems underwhelming. Since they also traded Schroeder, ATL's coaching staff and FO must be really high on Young (hence I picked him for ROY), I'm really curious to watch them next season.
It really is just a toss-up between Gordon and Williams, lol.

Yeah, I feel that if Leonard buys in, he could definitely win DPOY again. Or AD if he doesn't win MVP. I'm not so sure about DJ, as he didn't even average 1bpg over the course of last season. I doubt he struggles that much again, but I'm not sure if we'll ever see the return of 15 rebound & 2 blocks per game DJ.

With exec I have no idea how they determine it really. I just want IT to do well, and suspect that MPJ could pan out really well as the 14th pick.

I am super high on Doncic, and not high at all on Trae Young, but he could prove me wrong. I just don't see him succeeding as an NBA player (by succeeding I mean being the second coming of Curry, or whatever some people have said).

The exec award is not selected by pannel of journalists like the MVP, but by the 30 exec's themselves, who vote on each other.

I wasnt aware that DJ's D had regressed, thanks for this

#TraeYoungForMVP #DontJinxIt

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 12:12:58 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
No less than 3 reactionary "Al horford is a liability on a max contract" threads

No less than 5 reactionary "was Hayward always this mediocre or is he just never gonna be good again???" Threads

No less than 2 "trade Kyrie/start Rozier" threads

No less than 10 "trade for AD" threads despite him not even being remotely close to the trading block.

At least 4 threads suggesting that Tatum was the wrong pick. Each of these threads will made directly after Fultz, Jackson and possibly Ball's best games of the season. They will be worded as if they aren't troll posts. Don't take the bait!!!!

Also, the expectations on this Celtics team are too high. Each loss will seem like a sign of the apocalypse.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2018, 12:20:23 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
No less than 3 reactionary "Al horford is a liability on a max contract" threads

No less than 5 reactionary "was Hayward always this mediocre or is he just never gonna be good again???" Threads

No less than 10 "trade for AD" threads despite him not even being remotely close to the trading block.

At least 4 threads suggesting that Tatum was the wrong pick. Each of these threads will made directly after Fultz, Jackson and possibly Ball's best games of the season. They will be worded as if they aren't troll posts. Don't take the bait!!!!

Also, the expectations on this Celtics team are too high. Each loss will seem like a sign of the apocalypse.

Four first suggestions are near certainties  8)

On Tatum, I disagree, I think he is loved here.

And yes, the expectations are high lol

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2018, 12:31:13 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

so, life will be normal at cb?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2018, 12:57:20 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Celtics win the title, beating G.S. in 7!

Brown wins MVP of the series for his all around game and his D on G.S. guards.

Celtics win 65 games during the season.

Tatum has everyone thinking that the next season he is a top 5 player.

Celtic's draft high and often and build a dynasty that is sustainable for the next 10 seasons.

Irving still bolts at season's end despite winning the title.

Scary Terry gets even better!

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2018, 02:21:46 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
HOU will not finish in the top 2 in the WCF.

McCollum is moved.

Pelicans make the playoffs and Anthony Davis wins MVP.

Dejounte Murray will make strides.

Kevin Love plays well then is moved. I'm thinking Portland or even Minnesota. I like a Love-McCollum based swap.

Dante Exum will look like he belongs in the NBA.

The Knicks move Knox with someone else to get a veteran player. NY needs a relevant team and the Knicks need stars.

BKN on the other hand should stay the course and make smart decisions. They will ultimately be able to draw free agents once there's a plan and path to win.

Giannis, Coach Bud, and even Milwaukee will be good. The Bucks were poorly coached, and it didn't help that their floor general Drew Bledsoe fell asleep for a couple of days.

It seems like a popular take to pick WAS to continue to falter. I think Wall will actually come back and have a good year.

Whiteside will bounce back and have a monster year.

MIN will continue to struggle. Wiggins and Towns will continue to get exposed. Jimmy Buckets is gone soon. Poor MIN.

BOS will not be the #1 seed but they go to the Finals, and sadly get smashed by GS in 5.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 02:47:01 PM by green_bballers13 »

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2018, 05:21:25 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227

McCollum is moved.

Kevin Love plays well then is moved. I'm thinking Portland or even Minnesota. I like a Love-McCollum based swap.

The Knicks move Knox with someone else to get a veteran player. NY needs a relevant team and the Knicks need stars.

BKN on the other hand should stay the course and make smart decisions. They will ultimately be able to draw free agents once there's a plan and path to win.

Giannis, Coach Bud, and even Milwaukee will be good. The Bucks were poorly coached, and it didn't help that their floor general Drew Bledsoe fell asleep for a couple of days.

It seems like a popular take to pick WAS to continue to falter. I think Wall will actually come back and have a good year.

MIN will continue to struggle. Wiggins and Towns will continue to get exposed. Jimmy Buckets is gone soon. Poor MIN.

BOS will not be the #1 seed but they go to the Finals, and sadly get smashed by GS in 5.

First statement is bold. The way I see it there is golden state and Houston and then everyone else in the west. Who do you think would finish with a better record than HOU?

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2018, 07:14:31 PM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=97462.msg2550949#new

If this doesn't take the cake, assuming such a trade, I don't what does.   ;D

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2018, 07:24:09 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=97462.msg2550949#new

If this doesn't take the cake, assuming such a trade, I don't what does.   ;D

Not sure what you mean, this is a trade proposal not a prediction (made by the same user who started this thread btw)

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2018, 10:27:11 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
1. Celtics 64-18
2. Raptors 61-21
3. Pacers 52-30
4. Bucks 51-31
5. Sixers 51-31
6. Wizards 49-33
7. Heat  44-38
8. Pistons 44-38

1. Warriors 68-14
2. Rockets 61-21
3. Thunder 54–28
4. Jazz 52-30
5. Spurs 51-31
6. Trailblazers 48-34
7. Nuggets 48-34
8. Pelicans 47-35

A lot of 50+ win teams and a surprisingly balanced eastern/western conference.  Lakers miss the playoffs.  A lot of crappy teams including the Sacramento Kings.
you must have like 5 teams with 10 wins to get those sorts of win totals. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2018, 11:09:15 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

McCollum is moved.

First statement is bold. The way I see it there is golden state and Houston and then everyone else in the west. Who do you think would finish with a better record than HOU?

OKC. HOU falls back to earth this year- hard.

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2018, 12:51:53 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I've been taking a beating in other threads for these two, so I might as well just put them here.

- Sacramento will not be a bottom 5 team and will win around 30 games
- Dallas is going to be awful and fighting the Suns for worst team in the West
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2018, 02:22:49 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
If this is now our unpopular opinion thread, I think melo is an upgrade over ariza.

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2018, 11:12:52 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Mavs make it to the playoffs.
Banner 18 please 😍