Author Topic: Kicking around keep it young ideas  (Read 4971 times)

Re: Kicking around keep it young ideas
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2019, 12:52:49 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Also, Brown and Tatum are untouchable in any trade. (In my opinion)

Depends. If Phoenix offers Booker or Minnesota makes Towns available I'll listen.

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2019, 01:20:28 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
If Horford opts out he isn't signing a 3 year deal at $16 million per. That is the equivalent to him staying on his current contract and playing the next two years at money less than the MLE. Say what you want about his age, but Horford's skill set is still one of the most sought after in the league and he has aged very well. If he didn't want to renegotiate and just opts in, he would command much more than MLE money after next year.

Orlando isn't trading a fully healthy, young and still room to grow Gordon for a possibly still struggling to be 100% fully healthy, both physically and mentally, Hayward. If their GM did that the Magic owner should instantly fire him.

Yeah, no way Orlando deals Aaron Gordon. He's a very under the radar player who's only getting better and better.

I believe they quetly shopped him last season.

They prefer isaac at pf.

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2019, 01:24:35 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
For all the Hayward appoligists....

How are we going to run a team with him and tatum bith playing small forward for over 30 minutes a game?

Do you belive tatum will be a pf? Cause that does not work well.

Do you have Hayward taking minutes from brown at dg? Cause hayward cannot defend that position and frankly does not produce as well as jaylen.

Or do you have hayward starting at pf?

Hayward is a bad fit with brown and tatum. It is glaribgly obvious. I know many people loved that the team signed their second choice that offseason and want desparately for it to work out but running back with the jays and gordon is a waste of a developmental year for the jays.

Get a pg to groom. Smart as 6th man. Get a center if Al stays

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2019, 01:31:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

How are we going to run a team with him and tatum bith playing small forward for over 30 minutes a game?

Do you have Hayward taking minutes from brown at dg? Cause hayward cannot defend that position and frankly does not produce as well as jaylen.

Hayward is a bad fit with brown and tatum. It is glaribgly obvious. I know many people loved that the team signed their second choice that offseason and want desparately for it to work out but running back with the jays and gordon is a waste of a developmental year for the jays.

Take a break dude. Your incompetency in discussing Hayward is glaring.

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2019, 01:33:01 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
If Horford opts out he isn't signing a 3 year deal at $16 million per. That is the equivalent to him staying on his current contract and playing the next two years at money less than the MLE. Say what you want about his age, but Horford's skill set is still one of the most sought after in the league and he has aged very well. If he didn't want to renegotiate and just opts in, he would command much more than MLE money after next year.

Orlando isn't trading a fully healthy, young and still room to grow Gordon for a possibly still struggling to be 100% fully healthy, both physically and mentally, Hayward. If their GM did that the Magic owner should instantly fire him.

Yeah, no way Orlando deals Aaron Gordon. He's a very under the radar player who's only getting better and better.

They prefer isaac at pf.

Makes sense. Whenever a player becomes quite good in Orlando they want to trade him away, like Harris and Oladipo before. Don't really want Gordon do. He's at best a complementary star and you don't sign (or trade for) those unless you have you're superstar.

However he has a contract with a descending salary and with the rising salary cap he could increase his value as an asset?

But I'd give Hayward a chance before the trade deadline in February to redeem himself first. Don't see another way of getting Gordon (or it has to be a three-team-trade with Horford involved).

We should look at young players with high potential or players who can improve their stock.

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2019, 01:44:17 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

well that seem unnecessary, and does nothing to debate the point opposed to moving Hayward.

I have given many reasons.
1) age
2) style of play
3) we have Tatum in his position
4) dont want to see anyone played out of position cause statistical evidence shows it does not work
5) salary

yet all you have given is, he wil be better, or telling me I am incompetent.

If we were scoring points I would gain and you would have lost for just insulting.

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2019, 01:45:16 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

You're thinking like the old, get with the now. Stevens runs smalls/Wings/Bigs. Hayward is close the same size as Horford. You can see it when they stand next to each other. And Hayward in limited minutes  averaged 2 less rebounds.

Hayward can guard 2-4 depending on the team. Green for GSW isn't that big. I think depending on who the PG is, Hayward will run the offense. It's what he did at Utah. But with Irving running the show, he didn't get many opportunities to do that.

Plus DA can't afford to toss Hayward to the side right now especially after the IT stuff, they need to show they support players that still have a chance to produce at a high level. Now next season I think Hayward has a player option. IF he still can't get close to Utah Hayward and Brown and Tatum make jumps this year. I could see him opting out and restructuring  his contract and becoming a high end bench player.

Plus you need as many high quality personality vets when you're grooming Brown and Tatum. Horford and Hayward would be great. I'm willing to see what happens next year with a possible Rubio/Brown/Tatum/Horford starting unit.

Plus Morris started when Hayward went down I believe and he's a perimeter player like Hayward, except the ball sticks to him more and he likes to shoot more than he should at times.  That worked out pretty well that season.

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2019, 01:46:54 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

They prefer isaac at pf.

Makes sense. Whenever a player becomes quite good in Orlando they want to trade him away, like Harris and Oladipo before. Don't really want Gordon do. He's at best a complementary star and you don't sign (or trade for) those unless you have you're superstar.

However he has a contract with a descending salary and with the rising salary cap he could increase his value as an asset?

But I'd give Hayward a chance before the trade deadline in February to redeem himself first. Don't see another way of getting Gordon (or it has to be a three-team-trade with Horford involved).

We should look at young players with high potential or players who can improve their stock.

A trade I always thought would make sense is Gordon for CJ McCollum.  CJ would solve Orlando’s PG hole and Gordon would play the wing in Portland.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2019, 01:49:06 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I doubt Orlando would make that trade, but I would love to add Gordon to Brown, Tatum, and Smart.
Gordon looked pretty helpless vs Raptors.

I didn’t see him as helpless at all, shot well (except from the line) and he would be the third option at best for Boston instead of the top option for the Magic.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2019, 01:50:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

well that seem unnecessary, and does nothing to debate the point opposed to moving Hayward.

1) age
2) style of play
4) dont want to see anyone played out of position cause statistical evidence shows it does not work
5) salary

If we were scoring points I would gain and you would have lost for just insulting.
I’ve responded several times to your anti-Hayward rants. I’m too tired to repeat them.

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2019, 01:56:19 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Also, Brown and Tatum are untouchable in any trade. (In my opinion)

Depends. If Phoenix offers Booker or Minnesota makes Towns available I'll listen.

UNTOUCHABLE!!!

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2019, 02:01:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
We could always bring back Avery Bradley and IT for cheap if we want to ;D

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2019, 02:17:33 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I’d like to see what this team looks like minus Irving as it looks like he doesn’t want to come back, and sign a vet PG like Rubio to the MLE.

Hayward has a chance to bounce back in a big way, and I’d hate to sell low on him. 

We could always trade the vets later on if it just isn’t enough.  The east could be wide open after the Bucks if Leonard heads west, and philly loses Harris or Butler or both. 

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2019, 02:32:33 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

1) age
2) style of play
5) salary

I’ve responded several times to your anti-Hayward rants. I’m too tired to repeat them.

with nothing more than thoughts or feelings and plenty of maybes and hope so's.

I get it, 2 years ago Hayward as an allstar for the first time i his years in the league. I get it, perhaps he becomes 1 of the first players ever to physically improve 60% from the injury 16 months after it happens and stay there for months and then miraculously improve to full on level he was back when he was an allstar 6 months after peaking at 60% of his old form.

I am sure it was Kyrie that kept him slow, that kept him from jumping well, that kept him hesitant to attack and go up strong. Now that Kyrie is gone I bet that leg heals up better than it was, cause after all we all know that Paul George got back to 100% in less than 12 months, so surely Hayward is going to be the same 24 months after his injury, its months 22-23 that really make the difference in healing.

Again I will stick with the knowns that
1) Hayward is slower and is a liability on both ends of the court
2) hayward is older than the teams core
3) hayward is the priciest player
4) hayward shares the postion with the player danny REFUSUED to move for Anthony Davis.

and not be swayed by personal feelings or hopes

If you don't think Hayward is a bad fit on the team, then dont respond to my posts, there is no need to attack me over them.

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2019, 02:35:35 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

You're thinking like the old, get with the now. Stevens runs smalls/Wings/Bigs. Hayward is close the same size as Horford. You can see it when they stand next to each other. And Hayward in limited minutes  averaged 2 less rebounds.

Hayward can guard 2-4 depending on the team. Green for GSW isn't that big. I think depending on who the PG is, Hayward will run the offense. It's what he did at Utah. But with Irving running the show, he didn't get many opportunities to do that.

Plus DA can't afford to toss Hayward to the side right now especially after the IT stuff, they need to show they support players that still have a chance to produce at a high level. Now next season I think Hayward has a player option. IF he still can't get close to Utah Hayward and Brown and Tatum make jumps this year. I could see him opting out and restructuring  his contract and becoming a high end bench player.

Plus you need as many high quality personality vets when you're grooming Brown and Tatum. Horford and Hayward would be great. I'm willing to see what happens next year with a possible Rubio/Brown/Tatum/Horford starting unit.

Plus Morris started when Hayward went down I believe and he's a perimeter player like Hayward, except the ball sticks to him more and he likes to shoot more than he should at times.  That worked out pretty well that season.

Hayward CANNOT play PF. CANNOT.

He is a liability on defense as well, he cannot guard sg-pf.

And team is severly lacking in PF and Center positions. Move from a position of strength to address weakness. Its the smart play.

Who cares what people think, Danny paid gordon over 60 million to do nothing of note for the team, if he trades him he trades him.