Author Topic: How about them Lakers? What if they get Dwight Howard...?  (Read 4985 times)

How about them Lakers? What if they get Dwight Howard...?
« on: May 28, 2011, 05:07:01 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
I can totally see them imploding and eventually blowing their roster up, especially with Kobe Bryant unleashed now that Phil Jackson is not here and Mike Brown coaching. There's a 70% chance they will be screwed over by bad coaching and Ko-me ball. Is that it for the triangle offense?

A lot of folks here seem to really want Howard in 2012. I'm a bit apprehensive about getting him since it will involve losing a lot of our guys (plus, I can still remember him committing some dirty fouls on our guys).

The Lakers will probably get Dwight Howard. But without a coach and with Mamba problems will it even matter? I don't think they'd get back to the level of the two-peat Lakers of the 2000's anytime soon.

So no more revenge talk for another decade? I guess the first order of business is to get back at the Heat.

Re: How about them Lakers? What if they get Dwight Howard...?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 05:17:42 PM »

Offline Army_of_One_Nation

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
The thing about their roster is, they have some players to use as chips get Howard. It would be scary, it's like Shaq defecting to the Lakers all over again. One good thing, though, is that Kobe is no longer an 18 year old kid, much like when he teamed up with his royal Shaqness in the '90's.
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."
Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 05:22:40 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
don't kid yourself -- the Lakers with Dwight instead of Bynum alongside Lamar or Pau would be scary.  Kobe is old, but he's still got enough left to be the great wing scorer Dwight has never had the opportunity to play with.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 05:24:25 PM »

Offline 17wasEZ

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
don't kid yourself -- the Lakers with Dwight instead of Bynum alongside Lamar or Pau would be scary.  Kobe is old, but he's still got enough left to be the great wing scorer Dwight has never had the opportunity to play with.

Are you suggesting that Hedo isn't a great wing scorer?  ;)
We all think we know more than we really do....

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 05:36:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
agreed , the Lakers aren't quite as OLD as the Celtics , they are getting there. But, they ALREADY have maybe the best big line up inthe NBA .  They really DON't Need him. to win it all again.

If I was LA , I would keep my bigs and get the best point guard I could find to and KICK Fisher out..this is the EASY , economical way to get next banner.

By keeping our over the hill gang , we can't get any new star blood.

Its time  overhaul .

Rondois very very good and alot of teams would like to have him.....I just feel to land a a couple superstar bigs we are really going to need CP3

I really think the team that can get him  will control the movement of several of the BIGs ...who they sign with and where they stay.

I'm in favor of trading off Rondo and picks to get CP3 and see who'll want to play in Boston then.

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 06:19:15 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Well, it would be fitting for him to go there: he's a bit of a prima dona, and the Lakers have a storied history of stealing good centers whom other teams invested in -- Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Pau. In fact, I think Bynum's the only legitimately good center the Lakers have ever groomed themselves. Given Orlando management's nearly complete failure to build a solid team around Howard, I'm pretty sure he'll pull a Shaq and not only leave Orlando, but go to the Lakers. I'd like to see him in a Boston uni, but I think it's unlikely.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 07:26:29 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I think LA should keep it together and look at trying to get Raymond Felton. I think there was internal issues, that unless those cant be overcome, they dont need to make a huge trade

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 08:43:38 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
if Dwight gets traded, then they might get 1 more championship. But if Dwight pulls a Shaq on Orlando, Kobe will be nothing but a shell of his former self. Pau will be old. Bynum's knees would probably be gone by then.

Im not sure if Dwight signing there would guarantee them championships because they dont have another 18 year old Kobe...

and if they trade, who can they get by then with an aging Pau, a handicapped Bynum and a bunch of crap of players heading to their 30s. Steve Blake? Shannon Brown is good but a horrible shooter, just flashy, Lamar would be 33 years old in 2012, and should be distracted now that Kim is married ;), Fisher will be 38

so yeh, base on that, if Dwight signs as a FA, i dont think theyll win one. Unless Buss pulls great trades in the future

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »

Offline mostofusrsad

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9

Are you suggesting that Hedo isn't a great wing scorer?  ;)
HA!  any team that goes with Hedo as a primary option is going nowhere!

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 11:45:36 AM »

Offline mostofusrsad

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
frankly i think the lakers would be better off with bynum...i mean if they were able to get howard at the expense of losing bynum, it isn't THAT much of an upgrade, in my opinion.