Author Topic: Referees Decided 2010 NBA Finals (VIDEO)  (Read 9190 times)

Referees Decided 2010 NBA Finals (VIDEO)
« on: January 27, 2011, 06:49:21 PM »

Offline MJovic

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 3
Here is the video on youtube, it also includes so called finals mvp's terrible shot selection and refs giving lakers the win in the 4th quarter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHVepm-M0ck

Re: Referees Decided 2010 NBA Finals (VIDEO)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 07:06:21 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
first time I've watched a whole lot of that game since.  What stands out to me is how hard the Celts played, and how they never gave up.

The only egregious error I saw on the refs part was Gasol's up and down no call.

The other part that kills me is the sick three from the corner by Rondo, followed by him batting the ball out of Kobe's hands from behind.  The batted ball rolled up the sideline, and narrowly went out of bounds just before it landed in Ray's hands.  The Celts were that close to having a shot a game winner.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 07:46:01 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Bump that, the title is ours.  And it's not like the calls evened out anyways, they just got every single call.  Rondo had position for that rebound and gasol just reaches over and throws him down.  Clutch shooting on our part in the last few minutes though. 

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 08:03:43 PM »

Offline Tgro

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!
I don't see it in this vid, but I clearly remember early in the game Kobe was frustrated and took a swing at somebody and it wasn't called nor was it even discussed by the announcing crew.

I have this game still recorded on my DVR and whenever I get the nerve to watch it, I rewind that moment over and over again and wonder how it was not caught.

One thing you can see in THIS vid is that every time a Celtic breathed on a Laker it was called, but the favor wasn't paid the other way. I get sick every time I watch this game. It feels like it was 6 against 5 and we still should have won but that 6th man on their side (refs) was too much to overcome. We played better than they did except for a few moments. They were let back in the game.
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 08:04:52 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Ugh. Watched the video, thought officiating evened out. But I never even watched highlights of game 7. So seeing this kinda makes me sad.

WE HAD IT!!  :(
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 08:30:18 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
didn't finish the vid. what makes me sick though is the fact that the Lakers got all the calls down the stretch. "both teams played hard", that much is true. but what's annoying is that one was punished for playing aggressively.
- LilRip

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 08:55:48 PM »

Offline scootman

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
i watched a little bit of this but it hurts way to much. brings back to much sadness.

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 09:02:23 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i dont want to watch this crap  >:(

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 09:05:43 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
Four things:

Ray Allen is the most underrated defensive player in NBA history.

What was Gasol's elbow doing in Rondo's face on that last offensive rebound?

When Rondo hit that three I got chills

We lost but the last few minutes was clutch and they would have won if it wasn't for a couple close calls.

"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 02:46:32 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
That sucked so bad.. I did cry a little after that game. I couldn't believe that it slipped away for the Celtics like that. Well Here is to this year. And hopefully be a different outcome for us!

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 02:52:28 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
Well, I will say this: There were a few calls that went the Lakers way in the 4th quarter, and there is little doubt about that, even from me. At the same time, there were a lot of legitimate calls, that Cetlics fans complain about.

Also, if we're talking about referee's, then what about the "no calls" on Rasheed Wallace and Garnett in the beginning of the game? Clearly, the ref's let them get away with fouls that would otherwise take them out of the game.

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 02:57:22 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
Well, I will say this: There were a few calls that went the Lakers way in the 4th quarter, and there is little doubt about that, even from me. At the same time, there were a lot of legitimate calls, that Cetlics fans complain about.

Also, if we're talking about referee's, then what about the "no calls" on Rasheed Wallace and Garnett in the beginning of the game? Clearly, the ref's let them get away with fouls that would otherwise take them out of the game.

Agreed.  Like I said, the only ridiculous no call was the up and down, the rest were judgment calls (that went in the Lakers' favor).
Yup

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 03:30:36 PM »

Offline The DarkPassenger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
Man, watching that just reminds me that we were 1 or 2 offensive rebounds away from a title. The refs were a factor but the Celtics shouldn't have let that happen. Did we really improve on rebounds? I'm not completely sure but we got taller and tougher with Shaq and JO.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." - Michael Jordan

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."- Red Auerbach

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 04:23:34 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
  • B's Up

where were these "no calls"??? I really do have to disagree with ppl on here who are too political about it.. "yea there were some bad calls but we had some too that evened out the series".... dont feed me that crap. the fakers got the benefit of royal treatment from the refs all 7 games. If we had one call our way they were given 3 there way to make it up... one stat that still looms in my head is that for the series LA shot 60 more ft's than us... thats not just the celtics being "over-agressive" as every laker fan i have met says we were... Also in game 7 they shot 21 ft's in the 4th to our 17 for the game... Kobe and gasol each almost shot more ft's than our whole team. This series has gone down as the worst officiated series in NBA history and thats coming from hall of famers not just celtics fans
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 04:29:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It seemed decidedly rigged to me.  One sided calls describes it perfectly.   As a fan all you want is for the ref to call a game consistently for both teams.  This clearly did not happen.  One team got all the judgement calls and massive stat padding/scoring boost from FTAs.

However, we shot poorly and rebounded poorly.   We should have never let ourselves be put into a place where David Stern's dirty refs could decide the outcome.