Author Topic: NFL 2023-24 Off-Season  (Read 47157 times)

Re: NFL 2023-24 Off-Season
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2024, 06:32:05 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2955
  • On To Banner 18!
Felger and Mazz are really pushing the Fields + trade back strategy.

They are mostly just going off of ideas others have posted lol. Phil Perry was the one who originally thought of this. FWIW, they also explored Cowherd's trade idea of the Pats trading #3 for Justin Jefferson, #11 and a 2025 1st or 2nd rounder from the Vikings.

Not gonna lie but that idea intrigues me, and you can even combine it with the Fields idea. Trade your own 3rd rounder (#68) for Fields outright. Make that trade with the Vikings. Vikings draft a QB. You get Jefferson, Fields, a future 1st/2nd, AND with the #11 pick you can probably still draft a legit OT prospect. And you still have #34 at your disposal to use to shore up other holes.

Of course, this is assuming the Pats aren't high on Maye/Daniels.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2024, 06:42:34 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

They are mostly just going off of ideas others have posted lol. Phil Perry was the one who originally thought of this. FWIW, they also explored Cowherd's trade idea of the Pats trading #3 for Justin Jefferson, #11 and a 2025 1st or 2nd rounder from the Vikings.

Not gonna lie but that idea intrigues me, and you can even combine it with the Fields idea. Trade your own 3rd rounder (#68) for Fields outright. Make that trade with the Vikings. Vikings draft a QB. You get Jefferson, Fields, a future 1st/2nd, AND with the #11 pick you can probably still draft a legit OT prospect. And you still have #34 at your disposal to use to shore up other holes.

That's one hell of a trade package.  I don't think the Bears would get that for #1, but I'd do it in a second.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2024, 06:45:17 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

That's one hell of a trade package.  I don't think the Bears would get that for #1, but I'd do it in a second.

I think the idea is Jefferson is a FA after 2024, so you would probably add him with an extension as well. Pats do have a ton of cap space, they can certainly make it happen and you have your alpha receiver. Jefferson has seemed a little disgruntled with Minnesota too so maybe they feel it's time to move on. His value slightly diminishes in a trade due to his pending FA soon.

Maybe the package is a little rich from Minnesota's side, but even then if it's like #11, Jefferson + a future mid-round pick (around Round 3-4) I would absolutely consider it for #3 provided the Pats find another avenue to get a developmental QB and/or bridge QB. Just please no Mac Jones and Zappe again

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2024, 07:37:03 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2024, 08:28:26 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Sounds like Zay Flowers might be in some deep trouble

https://x.com/allbannersports/status/1755697800510103704?s=46&t=cFAQIuWEg12FaJRo2itehw

Guess he's not handling that fumble too well

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2024, 08:58:47 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Sounds like Zay Flowers might be in some deep trouble

https://x.com/allbannersports/status/1755697800510103704?s=46&t=cFAQIuWEg12FaJRo2itehw

Feels like every elite WR in the league has drama with them and/or are headcases.

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2024, 06:04:07 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Lamar got 49 of 50 votes, the other was for Josh Allen who finished 5th.  Maybe someone's voting should be revoked.  I don't know that Lamar should have bee.n unanimous, but Josh Allen, come on. Ridiculous.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2024, 08:49:52 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
The fact that Rodney Harrison didn't make it is a joke.  I know he wasn't best with the media but he's a HOFer.

Nice to see Hester get in.

Pro Football Hall of Fame
@ProFootballHOF
Forever the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2024, Presented by
@visualedgeit

-Dwight Freeney
-Randy Gradishar
-Devin Hester
-Andre Johnson
-Steve McMichael
-Julius Peppers
-Patrick Willis

Full Story: https://profootballhof.me/ClassOf2024

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2024, 08:55:04 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The fact that Rodney Harrison didn't make it is a joke.  I know he wasn't best with the media but he's a HOFer.

@ProFootballHOF
@visualedgeit

-Dwight Freeney
-Randy Gradishar
-Devin Hester
-Andre Johnson
-Steve McMichael
-Julius Peppers
-Patrick Willis

The HOF really limits itself with the "only five modern inductees" rule. 

Three Bears:  Hester, Peppers, and Mongo McMichael. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 09:17:51 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2024, 09:03:57 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

@ProFootballHOF
@visualedgeit

-Dwight Freeney
-Randy Gradishar
-Devin Hester
-Andre Johnson
-Steve McMichael
-Julius Peppers
-Patrick Willis

The HOF really limits itself with the "only five modern inductees" rule. 

Three Bears:  Hester, Peppers, and Mondo McMichael.

I am glad that Mongo is still alive to see himself get in the HOF.  Too often these veteran candidates get in after the fact.

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2024, 10:55:15 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1438
Lamar got 49 of 50 votes, the other was for Josh Allen who finished 5th.  Maybe someone's voting should be revoked.  I don't know that Lamar should have bee.n unanimous, but Josh Allen, come on. Ridiculous.

Probably because of this:

Jackson finished 11th with 24 touchdown passes and 15th in passing yards (3,678) to become the first MVP to rank outside the top 10 in both of those categories.

Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2024, 10:56:44 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Jackson finished 11th with 24 touchdown passes and 15th in passing yards (3,678) to become the first MVP to rank outside the top 10 in both of those categories.
he got 49 of 50 votes though. My objection was to Josh Allen. The person that voted for Allen should lose voting rights.  That is a ridiculous vote
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2024, 11:29:38 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

he got 49 of 50 votes though. My objection was to Josh Allen. The person that voted for Allen should lose voting rights.  That is a ridiculous vote

Allen led the NFL in total yards and total TDs.  The voter is a stats and analytics guy.  I don't find it to be shocking.

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2024, 11:30:49 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Why?   Allen threw for 29 TDs and ran for 15 TDs.   He was 3rd in TDs.   

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2024, 11:54:56 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Aaron Schatz was the voter and he gave a very detailed explanation.  He's a heavy analytical guy.

https://www.ftnfantasy.com/articles/FTN/114021/aaron-schatz-my-2023-all-pro-ballot