Author Topic: Have We Considered How Dangerous the Bucks Would Be…  (Read 2888 times)

Re: Have We Considered How Dangerous the Bucks Would Be…
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2022, 07:08:16 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
They’d be more dangerous with Jrue than Kyrie.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2022, 07:10:39 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
They’d be more dangerous with Jrue than Kyrie.
Agreed -- Kyrie would just take touches away from Giannis and make MIL less threatening. And Jrue can actually contribute outside of scoring unlike Kyrie further widening the gap.

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2022, 07:35:11 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
…if they convinced the Nets to wash their hands of KD/Kyrie in exchange for Middleton/Holiday/picks/swaps? A Big 3 of Giannis/KD/Kyrie cannot be stopped, can it? 😬 I ask myself who could feasibly take on KD AND Kyrie, just in case they’re both going full-on-brat behind the scenes and saying they will both sit-out 2022-2023 if they are not traded somewhere else together—and this is the only path I can see for that to happen. And it scares the daylights out of me.

That possibility alone, no matter how remote, may be reason to throw JB/Grant/Pritchard/picks/swaps at them for KD, and hope LA gives up multiple picks/Westbrick for Kyrie. It would not surprise me if Kyrie/KD are saying Kyrie to LA and KD to a contender, or Kyrie/KD together somewhere else—one of those two scenarios, or no KD/Kyrie in 2022-2023 and any team interested in KD is going to hear about it, so good luck, Brooklyn. That’s how bananas this player collusion/Klutch shenanigans has become…

Is this based on anything? Or just chaos?
Lots of NBA2K

I think that's where most of Greeny's trade ideas come from
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2022, 07:37:42 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
The above nightmare also explains why a KD dealhas not yet happened despite days to thoroughly review presumably dozens of attractive offers. What else could be the hold-up besides these two being complete brats trying to game the system? If they want to win a ring together and know they cannot do it in Brooklyn, what else could the play be besides something like this? Manufacture your way onto Giannis’ team and guess what you might actually do next year? Win a ring together.

What in the world are you talking about? Durant requested the trade 5 days ago. How fast do you expect this to happen?

Brooklyn has KD under contract for 4 years, they have plenty of time. KD can pull a Simmons and fake injury but of the Nets Big 3 he has been the most professional during his time there, he's actually put in the most effort. I doubt he would try and tank his legacy by violating a contract. He wants to leave, they will try and accommodate him, but there's no rush (except for fans who want things to happen of course).
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2022, 08:57:53 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Not gonna happen lol. Durant has little leverage in where he wants to go because he is signed for 4 more years. The nets are going to take the best offer and hell its definitely not middleton and holiday.

Well Durant can just...not play.

The Suns are the frontrunners for Durant for this reason. Would you want to trade for a sulking Durant? Would you want to deal with the same crap this time next year?

As one of the Locked On NBA people noted, and I think one of the Lowe Post guests also noted, if Durant gets his way, this would really make the next CBA negotiations interesting. NBA team owners make heaps of profits, but tough pill to swallow if 5 year contracts mean absolutely nothing.

He's also 33 and will be 34 before the season starts. His first season is his primary leverage. I'm sure he'll still be quite a player for a few years, but what he is now, a guy who can swing a championship for a number of teams, that's on the clock.

It also reinforces the idea that he's a guy who disrupts your franchise. He can't afford to give next year away to get a better deal, because he won't.

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2022, 09:54:58 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Delete.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2022, 11:31:34 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
…if they convinced the Nets to wash their hands of KD/Kyrie in exchange for Middleton/Holiday/picks/swaps? A Big 3 of Giannis/KD/Kyrie cannot be stopped, can it? 😬 I ask myself who could feasibly take on KD AND Kyrie, just in case they’re both going full-on-brat behind the scenes and saying they will both sit-out 2022-2023 if they are not traded somewhere else together—and this is the only path I can see for that to happen. And it scares the daylights out of me.

That possibility alone, no matter how remote, may be reason to throw JB/Grant/Pritchard/picks/swaps at them for KD, and hope LA gives up multiple picks/Westbrick for Kyrie. It would not surprise me if Kyrie/KD are saying Kyrie to LA and KD to a contender, or Kyrie/KD together somewhere else—one of those two scenarios, or no KD/Kyrie in 2022-2023 and any team interested in KD is going to hear about it, so good luck, Brooklyn. That’s how bananas this player collusion/Klutch shenanigans has become…

Is this based on anything? Or just chaos?
the latter it seems.

why not "Have we considered How Dangerous the Celtics Would Be" if Durant forced a trade to Boston for only a second rounder, and then Giannias joined they same way as well? and imagine if stephon curry decided to finish his career with this super team and the celtics only had to give up hauser for him!!  :o
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2022, 06:41:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Kyrie has a way of making good teams bad.   He is one of the most negative influences on a locker room in the league.   I think Giannis who cares about winning would kill him half  way into the season.

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2022, 09:07:04 AM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
The Bucks as currently constructed are already dangerous.  They’re going to be a tough out as it is.
If they’re healthy they’re probably favored.  At the end of the day, they still have the best player on the court.

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2022, 12:59:34 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The real nightmare would be KD and Kyrie going to the Lakers.  But the Lakers would have to give up Anthony Davis just to make the salaries fit, and I don't think Lebron is willing to do that... is he?