Author Topic: 2012/2013 Champions League  (Read 39237 times)

Re: 2012/2013 Champions League
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2013, 04:31:09 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
United are getting no support from midfield. Van Persie and Rooney too isolated on too many occasions when they collect the ball.

Both attackers look dangerous. Just not enough support.

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2013, 04:39:09 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
A 40y old Giggs , Cleverly and Carrick. Not the midfield you expect from a team at this level

Although i think Real deserved to qualify the red card that played a huge role in this was a BS call

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2013, 04:41:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Difficult way to go out of the competition for United. That red card. Harsh call.

Deserved winners, Madrid were. Great reaction to the red card unlike United who folded. Took the initiative. Attacked. Got the goals. Disciplined defensively. Saw it out.

United never got back into the game after the red. Gave away the two goals far too quickly. Then failed to get their attack functioning well after that. Bad reactions after each setback.

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2013, 04:56:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
So that is all four of the English teams out before the quarter-finals.

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2013, 04:57:29 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Man Utd got screwed, plain and simple.  That red card was an atrocious call, which handed the match to Real.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2013, 05:11:12 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Entertaining game to watch. Can't believe Ferguson didn't start Rooney. His press conference should be interesting, no doubt full of his usual complaining and hypocrisy.

Red card maybe a little harsh but I've seen plenty worse given.

No denying the Special One, his teams usually find a way.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2013, 06:31:56 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170

Red card maybe a little harsh but I've seen plenty worse given.

TP. I didn't expect the ref to eject Nani, expecting a yellow card, but after watching the replays you can tell is a dangerous play, so the red card isn't that strange.

Shame for United, they had the game under control, but with Nani out, Mourinho could take his right back out and Modric was key for the win.

« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2013, 02:33:32 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Man Utd got screwed, plain and simple.  That red card was an atrocious call, which handed the match to Real.

in the ref`s defense Nani`s move was a text book red card.My only objection is that he wasn`t aware of Arbeloa`s position.

MU got the lead in both games but failed to keep it. And in addition got a couple a great chances last night which they should have taken advantage. The last thing i expected by a so experienced team was to be so naive in such an important stage

« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2013, 05:50:01 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Disgusting decisions from the referee.

It's amazing that in a match between two of the world's biggest teams with superstar, world-class footballers on the pitch that a referee decided he take to take the spotlight.

It wasn't just the red for Nani. A certain penalty for a foul on Evra in the 90th minute, some fouls that weren't called throughout the match, even Rafael's handball on the line should have been a Madrid penalty.

MUFC had the tie in the bag up until the red card. I was confident. Now? I'm disgusted.

I'll say this about Ronaldo though: I loved him at Utd and if he's done anything to his reputation at Old Trafford after this tie it's enhance the fans love for him. Wonderful player and very humble in not celebrating and actually looking a little empathetic.

I should probably stop here because I'm getting a bit emotional. F bombs and C bombs would start flying.

The referee's name was Cuneyt Cakir. There's an accurate anagram to be had there...

« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2013, 07:53:04 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

in the ref`s defense Nani`s move was a text book red card.

No way.  There was a play on the ball, and there wasn't any intent there.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2013, 08:59:30 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
UEFA should be ashamed for not being able to find someone better to referee a match of this magnitude. It really is beyond me how they can not. I mean, there are so many great refs to choose from but this wasn't the first time they find someone who should be doing Junior varsity matches instead of knock-out stage CL matches. In the end, I blame UEFA for letting the wrong man do the job. Shame on you.

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2013, 01:51:09 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Anxiously awaiting today's Milan v Barcelona match.  Hoping the Rossoneri can finish the job and slay the dragon.

2-0 advantage on aggregate, with a clean sheet at home, sets them up rather well to go through.  Barca makes me nervous though.  Must contain Messi.

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2013, 03:38:40 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Anxiously awaiting today's Milan v Barcelona match.  Hoping the Rossoneri can finish the job and slay the dragon.

2-0 advantage on aggregate, with a clean sheet at home, sets them up rather well to go through.  Barca makes me nervous though.  Must contain Messi.

I think I'll be happy either way.

It would be nice to see Barca knocked down a peg but it would also be beautiful to see them rise to occasion and put on show by slotting 3-4 goals past AC Milan.

I like the side Barca put out. Messi, Villa and Pedro. No Fabregas. I think this is their best midfield and front-line. Hopefully they can deliver and at least put a scare into AC Milan.

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2013, 03:43:46 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

I think I'll be happy either way.

It would be nice to see Barca knocked down a peg but it would also be beautiful to see them rise to occasion and put on show by slotting 3-4 goals past AC Milan.

I like the side Barca put out. Messi, Villa and Pedro. No Fabregas. I think this is their best midfield and front-line. Hopefully they can deliver and at least put a scare into AC Milan.

Well, obviously as a Milan fan I'm biased, but I just really detest Barca (Madrid as well).  There's just something about the Spanish clubs that really irk me.

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2013, 03:51:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
Ugh!  Horrendous start.