Author Topic: Game 4, Red Sox vs. Dodgers  (Read 47176 times)

Game 4, Red Sox vs. Dodgers
« on: October 27, 2018, 03:36:41 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Not sure who is pitching for us... not sure how we comeback from that loss in the longest postseason game in history. Our arms are all taxed and it would be miraculous to win tonight.

Maybe our bats wake up...but wow, at the worst we get back to Fenway..at the best, Cora finds a miracle way to get us up for the game and we somehow win.

Go Sox...goodnight for me

Re: Game 4, Red Sox vs. Dodgers
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 03:58:35 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Im predicting a hitfest for this one..

But its probably  not us but them.
I have no idea what to make of game 3 but hats off to those fans who gruelled 7 hrs...

How on Earth did Cora not relieved Evoldi is beyond comprehension... The arm will get tired in the end. So sad we lost that one.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 04:02:31 AM »

• Don Nelson
exhausted but probably not sleeping for a bit. we can only win this game with slugfest unless we use Sale. Eovaldi’s performance was beyond amazing. If this does get back to Fenway, he could be game 7...hopefully we win next two and not needed.

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 04:07:10 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Only thing got going for the Sox right now is they've been undefeated in the playoffs when they score first, and their road record is still pretty solid.

Also hear Dodgers are worse against left-handed pitching so who knows!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 09:08:09 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I expect Pomeranz to start on a short leash which is scary but maybe he can bring it for one game. Please let's not exhaust our entire bench early and leave Kinsler on the bench. We need to get Benintendi in so I would guess Betts at 2B but that certainly downgrades our OF defense. Is this another night game? I went to bed at 2am starting the 14th. I cannot handle this.

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 02:10:52 PM »

• Don Nelson
I am still in denial phase of losing that game this morning but hopeful our bats will awaken tonight. The importance of an early lead cannot be understated for us. We really need only one of next two to have great odds to win it all...Worst case, we still go back to fenway and we could easily win it out there as well...I am not quite on the edge but that game was a heart breaker with Kinsler crapping the bed....

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 02:15:24 PM »

• Don Nelson
mlb has us potentially starting Kinsler and Vaz tonight...ugh..Cora cannot put Kinsler in again, can he?
 Devers, Kinsler, Vaz and pitcher does mot exactly sound like offensive explosion.

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 02:21:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
mlb has us potentially starting Kinsler and Vaz tonight...ugh..Cora cannot put Kinsler in again, can he?
 Devers, Kinsler, Vaz and pitcher does mot exactly sound like offensive explosion.

Seriously, just put Betts at second.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 03:25:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
it was just a matter of time before the Dodgers won last night..... I went to bed in the 16th I was too nervous to watch their big bats come to the plate. I wish the Sox could have pulled it out, but the odds were stacked against...

So many chances to win that one. I did not like Betts at bat in the 14th or 15th when he struck out looking.... swing the bat already,.

Kinsler kinda choked but you have to forgive him because he was trying and he did slip on the turf before that errant throw,

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 03:30:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have no problem with Devers over Nunez. The kid is one of the best fastball hitters on the team, if he lays off the super high fastballs. Kid is the future and I have faith in him. Besides, Nunez is a great pinch hitter.

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2018, 04:13:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
ERod to start game 4. When ERod is on he can be real good. Hopefully he can be staked to a nice lead and give the Sox some innings.

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2018, 05:02:01 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
JBJ out, JDM in RF

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2018, 05:43:20 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Im predicting a hitfest for this one..

But its probably  not us but them.
I have no idea what to make of game 3 but hats off to those fans who gruelled 7 hrs...

How on Earth did Cora not relieved Evoldi is beyond comprehension... The arm will get tired in the end. So sad we lost that one.

The only pitcher we had left at that point was Pomerantz  (who it seems like Cora was saving for this game). No one expected an 18 inning game, and there was no one to replace Eovaldi with

Edit: looks like EROD will start, so he wasn't saving Pomerantz to start. Either he wanted to save him for relief innings tonight, he trusted Eovaldi to go until he said he couldn't anymore, or he doesn't trust Pomerantz in a situation like that. Hard to say
I'm bitter.

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2018, 05:45:48 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I have no problem with Devers over Nunez. The kid is one of the best fastball hitters on the team, if he lays off the super high fastballs. Kid is the future and I have faith in him. Besides, Nunez is a great pinch hitter.

Devers over Nunez is definitely the way to go if Nunez isn't 100%. He did not seem to be moving well after the catcher took him out

Edit: Looks like Benintendi/Betts/JD in the outfield, Nuñez/Xander/Holt/Pearce in the infield, Vazquez at catcher, and Erod starting
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 06:01:26 PM by BitterJim »
I'm bitter.

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2018, 06:14:39 PM »

• Don Nelson

Devers over Nunez is definitely the way to go if Nunez isn't 100%. He did not seem to be moving well after the catcher took him out

Edit: Looks like Benintendi/Betts/JD in the outfield, Nuñez/Xander/Holt/Pearce in the infield, Vazquez at catcher, and Erod starting

Whew, Holt instead of Kinsler. I agree though putting Betts at second could make a ton more sense as we get JBJ in lineup over Holt.