Author Topic: Sometimes I think it's a good thing sites like these weren't around in the 80s  (Read 7822 times)

Offline mattstermh

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
OP is dead on.  I love this thread.  My exact sentiments the entire year.

I still cannot fathom the idea of trading Pierce.  He is the reason I became a Celtics fan and has proven to me he can step up when the stakes are at their highest; time and time again.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Would you trade CelticsBlog and Twitter to go back to the 80s and a 1st rounder?

Hmm...  Give up the internet to re-live the 80s...

I swallow hard and say yes.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Would you trade CelticsBlog and Twitter to go back to the 80s and a 1st rounder?

If it means more Crockett & Tubbs, I'm in too.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Hmm...  Give up the internet to re-live the 80s...

Are you kidding? The days of Reagan, Michael Jackson, Lakers/Celts, Mets/Red Sox, Star Wars, gas for a buck, jobs, Notre Dame football, Doug Flutie, Cheers/Cosby Show/SNL when it was good/Taxi/Newhart, and the Soviet Union! I'd give up the internet and cable TV!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:07:51 PM by eja117 »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Hmm...  Give up the internet to re-live the 80s...

Are you kidding? The days of Reagan, Michael Jackson, Lakers/Celts, Mets/Red Sox, Star Wars, gas for a buck, jobs, Notre Dame football, Doug Flutie, Cheers/Cosby Show/SNL when it was good/Taxi/Newhart, and the Soviet Union! I'd give up the internet and cable TV!

Me starting life over again but having the same mind I do today (80's baby), PLEASE and THANK YOU!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87

Having just turned 40 a month ago, yeah, I'd go back to the 80's in a heartbeat.  I don't like technology all that much, and miss when NBA basketball was played at a higher level.  But that's just me...