Author Topic: Looking At Next Season, Where Is Our Size Coming From (Just Zizic/Yabusele??)  (Read 6209 times)

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3010
  • On To Banner 18!
Pretend we sign Hayward in FA.

That likely means we can't re-sign anyone who is expiring unless they agree to sign with one of the exceptions (unlikely). So bye bye KO/Amir/Zeller/Jerebko. That's a good chunk of our size.

We still have Horford, and Mickey, but I wouldn't count on Zizic/Yabusele to start and be great the first few seasons at least. Probably come off the bench at the beginning (Zizic as well). So that leads me to wonder, how will Ainge address this?

The 2018 Draft is AFTER next season but we can get a BIG there hopefully (barring a trade).

Signing Griffin would help but I feel he stays with LAC (Even Hayward is unlikely to leave, but we'll see).

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Actually Mickey's non-guaranteed so he would be gone as well to find the necessary cap space.

I guess the answer is we would sign a big to the MLE. possibly even Amir. Then there tend to be enough bigs floating around the market that we could pick one up on the cheap, think Javale on GSW this year.

In all honesty the most likely path is us not getting Hayward and committing to KO and the rest of this core whilst building through the Nets picks. Or the second most likely; trading for a Butler type on draft night using the Nets pick and consummating the deal after renegotiating ITs contract in the summer

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
There isn't much available right now. Not much in the FA this summer, so unless some one wants out of a team, Zizic and Yabu will have to do until 2018 where there are two guys who could be top bigs in the league.

I'd be fine with a Dennis Rodman style player, some one who defends a high level, rebounds, passes well, and can actually shoot an out side shot even thought he didn't take many, but keeps the D from cheating off of him.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25621
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think you've got to move AB and/or Crowder for somebody in that scenario.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Add Jackson  :laugh:

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1213
Actually Mickey's non-guaranteed so he would be gone as well to find the necessary cap space.

I guess the answer is we would sign a big to the MLE. possibly even Amir. Then there tend to be enough bigs floating around the market that we could pick one up on the cheap, think Javale on GSW this year.

In all honesty the most likely path is us not getting Hayward and committing to KO and the rest of this core whilst building through the Nets picks. Or the second most likely; trading for a Butler type on draft night using the Nets pick and consummating the deal after renegotiating ITs contract in the summer

If we use our cap space this summer (which is a very strong possibility), then we won't have the MLE, we'd have the room exception instead.  There's a huge gap between the salary for those exceptions, though (~$8.4 million for full MLE, ~$5.2 million for taxpayer's MLE, and ~$4.3 million for the room exception).  If we use our cap room on a max contract, I can't see us signing any other bigs that have a real chance of getting off the bench.  And if we don't use it on a max contract, then we can just bring Amir back with Bird Rights
I'm bitter.

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
We could still sign KO after the FA with bird rights, no?
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Yes.  However, to create room for a max player, either Olynyk will need to be renounced or Avery Bradley will need to be traded for future draft compensation.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
It would take some wheelin' and deelin' but I'd want us to try drafting Caleb Swanigan from Purdue. He's not necessarily big (6'9"), but he does play big.

He maybe able to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Q69YAsnH4

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I think you've got to move AB and/or Crowder for somebody in that scenario.

Yes, probably Bradley if someone wants him; if he's healthy toward the end of this year then someone will probably want him, he's a legit 3 and D person. Assuming our capspace goes toward an SF, like hayward.

Trading Bradley for a rebounder would leave:

IT/Rookie PG
Smart/ Rookie PG/ Brown
Hayward/Crowder/Brown
Horford/Crowder/Yabasule
Bradley trade target/Zizic

Or

IT/Smart
HaywardBrown
Crowder/Josh Jacson/Brown
Horford/Crowder/Yabasule
Bradley trade target/Zizic

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Add Jackson  :laugh:

Hope we do, but that doesn't solve lack of big question.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Yabusele is 6'8"  ???

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Yes.  However, to create room for a max player, either Olynyk will need to be renounced or Avery Bradley will need to be traded for future draft compensation.

Amir, JJ and Zeller make 26 mil, how much is the max for Hayward? Does the cap stay the same, can that be added to our available money?

I'm sure there will be a trade but my question is does it HAVE to happen?
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

If we use our cap space this summer (which is a very strong possibility), then we won't have the MLE, we'd have the room exception instead.  There's a huge gap between the salary for those exceptions, though (~$8.4 million for full MLE, ~$5.2 million for taxpayer's MLE, and ~$4.3 million for the room exception).  If we use our cap room on a max contract, I can't see us signing any other bigs that have a real chance of getting off the bench.  And if we don't use it on a max contract, then we can just bring Amir back with Bird Rights

On the last point that largely depends on how we want to use our cap space. If you want to renegotiate ITs contract then you need to free up a lot of cap room. So we'd probably renounce Amir's bird rights in the process

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Amir, JJ and Zeller make 26 mil, how much is the max for Hayward? Does the cap stay the same, can that be added to our available money?

I'm sure there will be a trade but my question is does it HAVE to happen?

Hayward is eligible for $30.6 million.  You have to remember our draft pick has a cap hold of between $5-7 million, depending where he's picked #1-4.  Yab and Zizic have combined holds of just under $4 million.  So it's not just as simple as guys who make $25 million leaving.

As it stands today, if we got a little unlucky and have the #3 pick, we would have $29.2 million in cap space if we let Olynyk walk, and $22.2 million if we keep his Bird rights.  If we traded Bradley for picks in 2018 or later and kept Olynyk, we'd have $30.2 million.  Subtract about $1.5 million from all those numbers if we get #1 overall.