Author Topic: Hayward: “I didn’t give kobe free points when he dropped 60 in his last game”  (Read 1807 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28580424/gordon-hayward-disputes-helping-kobe-bryant-get-60-finale-lost-respect-me

Hayward took to Twitter on Monday after NBC commentator Mike Tirico, who was calling the game for ESPN at the time, pointed out the movement during an appearance on The Ringer's "Ryen Russillo Podcast."

Gordon Hayward (@gordonhayward) Tweeted:
It has also come to my attention that there is a story going around tonight about an intentional lane violation that I took to ensure Kobe would get his 60th point in his final game and many are applauding me for the gesture. The fact of the matter is that is not true.

https://twitter.com/gordonhayward/status/1222010021426475008
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 01:34:45 AM by CelticsElite »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Our favorite "long time Hayward fan" has been trying in vain to use this moment (Kobe's 60) to troll Hayward in the guise of a Kobe condolence. How dare Gordon let a legend like Kobe score 60 on him.  ??? Kudos to Gordon for being honest and keeping the spotlight on Kobe, not him. Kobe did have to take 50 shots but 60 in your last game is no mean feat.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Our favorite "long time Hayward fan" has been trying in vain to use this moment (Kobe's 60) to troll Hayward in the guise of a Kobe condolence. How dare Gordon let a legend like Kobe score 60 on him.  ??? Kudos to Gordon for being honest and keeping the spotlight on Kobe, not him. Kobe did have to take 50 shots but 60 in your last game is no mean feat.
If he keeps doing that he will get a ban, don’t you worry. I’ve already deleted a super inappropriate post like that.

Just embarrassing to use a tragedy to further your trolling agenda.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Kobe dropped 60 on Hayward?...  Surprised I didn't hear of this sooner...

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Kobe dropped 60 on Hayward?...  Surprised I didn't hear of this sooner...

They did reair the game last night and Tirico noticed the "lane violation" and decided to publicly point that out.

Hayward responded back. I believe Hayward. Kobe would've been p---ed if he gave him a free shot. A fierce competitor like him would never be happy of a free shot to end his career.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)