Author Topic: Nader is actually traded to okc  (Read 8742 times)

Re: Nader is actually traded to okc
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2018, 12:25:17 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
well this story was posted on Sept 4th, after the cut off date.  Looks like the team is including him in random events, so I guess he made it!  Good for Abdel.  Hope he continues to improve and can stay in the league.

https://www.nba.com/thunder/nader-jumping-right-in-headfirst

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2018, 01:49:54 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
i just checked a number of sites and they all list him as a member of the thunder. maybe they kept him.
well this story was posted on Sept 4th, after the cut off date.  Looks like the team is including him in random events, so I guess he made it!  Good for Abdel.  Hope he continues to improve and can stay in the league.

Wow, he made it then! TPs!  :D

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2018, 07:12:44 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
HOF

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2018, 10:33:26 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
i just checked a number of sites and they all list him as a member of the thunder. maybe they kept him.

I wanted him off the C's but it feels good that he'll stick another year, and my conscience can rest easy knowing that I didn't will a man's career to end  :angel:
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2018, 10:54:51 AM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

I think he's an NBA player, even though he doesn't get a lot of love on fan sites.

The big disappointment for me last year was his finishing in the lane. He's developed a varied repertoire of flips and teardrops with both hands short of the rim - could be really useful; but after an impressive season in the G-League he wasn't able to convert against NBA defenses, made a lot of ball-handling turnovers trying to get those shots, and showed little ability to find the open man on his drives. He did get to the line at a healthy clip, but his FT shooting was miserable (he was grade-A in the G-League, though, suggesting nerves got in the way).

He was a good, not great, 3-pt shooter, and has at least three areas he can be effective spotting up. As a defender, he'll probably be at least adequate; has good length and footwork.

In my view, he's a good fit in OKC, and they didn't have to give up much. I think that his upside is NBA rotation player. He's got an opportunity, let's check back in April.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2018, 03:53:31 PM »

Offline Sideshow Mel

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2
I was surprised to see Nader on the OKC bench last night, thought he might've been cut. Even more surprised to see Paul George call him a "huge weapon." Good luck to him. Thought he had some offensive potential but didn't look like it was going to happen here.

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/2018/10/15/oklahoma-city-thunder-paul-george-abdel-nader-huge-weapon/

“He’s a really good shooter,” George said. “Abdel is one of our better shooters. He can really spread the floor. He doesn’t need much time to get it off so that’s a huge weapon especially playing around me, playing around Russ. He’s a guy that can stretch and spread the floor.”

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2018, 04:16:14 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I think he's an NBA player, even though he doesn't get a lot of love on fan sites.

The big disappointment for me last year was his finishing in the lane. He's developed a varied repertoire of flips and teardrops with both hands short of the rim - could be really useful; but after an impressive season in the G-League he wasn't able to convert against NBA defenses, made a lot of ball-handling turnovers trying to get those shots, and showed little ability to find the open man on his drives. He did get to the line at a healthy clip, but his FT shooting was miserable (he was grade-A in the G-League, though, suggesting nerves got in the way).

He was a good, not great, 3-pt shooter, and has at least three areas he can be effective spotting up. As a defender, he'll probably be at least adequate; has good length and footwork.

In my view, he's a good fit in OKC, and they didn't have to give up much. I think that his upside is NBA rotation player. He's got an opportunity, let's check back in April.
With all of the trades they've made, they really gutted their bench and they have 2 max guys (with Russ at the 35% level) that they need cheap end of the bench fodder to fill out the roster and who don't make much of anything.  He didn't actually play in the game though and they were without Russ and still don't have Roberson back, so they were down men.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2019, 04:06:11 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
He has been playing recently
Anyone watch too? :D

14 13 16 33 10 mins logged past five games

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2019, 03:37:46 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Somehow the Thunder have unlocked this guy.  He's shooting 51% FG and 42% from 3. 

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2019, 03:51:53 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Somehow the Thunder have unlocked this guy.  He's shooting 51% FG and 42% from 3.

They don't mind ballhogs as they have Westbrook and now Nader.

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2019, 04:22:43 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I was surprised to see Nader on the OKC bench last night, thought he might've been cut. Even more surprised to see Paul George call him a "huge weapon." Good luck to him. Thought he had some offensive potential but didn't look like it was going to happen here.

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/2018/10/15/oklahoma-city-thunder-paul-george-abdel-nader-huge-weapon/

“He’s a really good shooter,” George said. “Abdel is one of our better shooters. He can really spread the floor. He doesn’t need much time to get it off so that’s a huge weapon especially playing around me, playing around Russ. He’s a guy that can stretch and spread the floor.”

My take...I never want Paul George as my talent scout.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird