Author Topic: Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals Thread  (Read 53027 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals Thread
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2019, 01:37:47 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I found this article.

Really funny.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/2/7/18215197/anthony-davis-trade-rumors-pelicans-celtics-deadline

Dearest Pelicans, you sweet fools: do not under any circumstance trust the Celtics to do what is best for the Pelicans in this matter, because what is best for the Pelicans is diametrically opposed to what is best for the Celtics.

I don't really follow the article's reasoning, honestly.

The idea here is simple: the best thing for the Pelicans is to get the best trade return for AD.

The best time to get a return for AD in a trade is when all of the potential bidders for AD are able to make their best offer.

That time will be in June/July when the Celtics are allowed to trade for AD.

Why would you trade your best player when one of the teams with the most assets, who you know wants to make a deal with you, is prevented from making you an offer?  That's insane.

Is the Lakers deal not going to be on the table in June/July?  Why wouldn't it be?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2019, 01:42:22 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Every year we do nothing to improve the current roster.  Come on Ainge!

He's not going to do anything this year, either. At least nothing that involves a player going out (with the possible exception of Bird). He's saving every trade chip he can for the summer.

Mike

« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2019, 01:42:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/1093573514450386944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1093573514450386944&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Opposing executives believe the Boston Celtics will be among the teams with interest in Enes Kanter if/when the Knicks big man parts ways with NYK.

Interesting.
Makes sense. Cs do not have good big man depth. Baynes being constantly injure does not help. Also, need to think about Embiid/Boban as well. Theis has no chance vs those guys.

Boban is not playable against us I don't think.

« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2019, 01:43:49 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
kanter any better than theis,  who isn't getting any time already?   i don't know how adding anybody without subtracting some people will do much.  just not enough minutes.

I think that Theis isn't much worse than Kanter and a much better better fit to our system.

Really hoped for a Vucevic type of level addition.

If the Celtics are so convinced that Irving will want to stay then I don't understand why we're sitting on Rozier.

« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2019, 01:44:17 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Not convinced Mirotic will be a big addition for Milwaukee. He blossomed in New Orleans but he was in the perfect role to succeed. In Chicago, he didn't have that and he was inconsistent. I think his role in Milwaukee will be similar to Chicago. A bench role. A 15-20mpg role. Irregular minutes and shooting opportunities. Mirotic struggled with that in the past.

I'm in a wait and see how Mirotic fits in. I am skeptical.

« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2019, 01:44:31 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I found this article.

Really funny.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/2/7/18215197/anthony-davis-trade-rumors-pelicans-celtics-deadline

Dearest Pelicans, you sweet fools: do not under any circumstance trust the Celtics to do what is best for the Pelicans in this matter, because what is best for the Pelicans is diametrically opposed to what is best for the Celtics.

The idea here is simple: the best thing for the Pelicans is to get the best trade return for AD.

The best time to get a return for AD in a trade is when all of the potential bidders for AD are able to make their best offer.

Why would you trade your best player when one of the teams with the most assets, who you know wants to make a deal with you, is prevented from making you an offer?  That's insane.

Is the Lakers deal not going to be on the table in June/July?  Why wouldn't it be?

It would still be there but it would be more complicated as some of the players have expiring contracts this season.

That means the Lakers would have to give up all their young players just to make salaries match.
Lakers would be left with Lebron and AD.
The rest of the roster would have to be filled out with new players.

« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2019, 01:45:24 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I found this article.

Really funny.

It would still be there but it would be more complicated as some of the players have expiring contracts this season.

That means the Lakers would have to give up all their young players just to make salaries match.

LA has cap space this off season so matching salaries is much less of a concern for them.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2019, 01:45:55 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Two of the second-round picks New Orleans will acquire from Milwaukee are Washington's suddenly very intriguing 2020 and 2021 selections, according to a source.

https://twitter.com/jakelfischer/status/1093571335798829057?s=21

« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2019, 01:46:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Man, Bucks are going to be really tough. Already a matchup nightmare for the Cs, adding Mirotic to the mix too. They can make it rain 3s.

They are the best team in the East right now and the team to beat.

Yeah, give Milwaukee credit. They have an MVP candidate and they're making the right moves to put a contender around him. Toronto never scared me, but this Bucks team has to be the favorite to come out of the east.

I am definitely scared of Mirotic as an added piece. I really was hoping he would not end up on Toronto, Bucks or Philly...

I am not scared of Mirotic at all.

I mean he can really get hot and has really incredible range. Last year he was a big part of the pelicans Sweep against Portland averaging 18 and 10 on 57% shooting, 46% from 3. How is that not a good addition for them for scraps?

« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2019, 01:46:58 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I must admin i had hopes for Nik Stauskas. wonder he can still turn into a legit player.

« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2019, 01:47:40 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
kanter any better than theis,  who isn't getting any time already?   i don't know how adding anybody without subtracting some people will do much.  just not enough minutes.

I think that Theis isn't much worse than Kanter and a much better better fit to our system.

If the Celtics are so convinced that Irving will want to stay then I don't understand why we're sitting on Rozier.

We don't really have a lot of guard depth do we? Smart and Irving have also both missed games throughout their careers. That is probably the main reason.

« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2019, 01:48:18 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
I found this article.

Really funny.

LA has cap space this off season so matching salaries is much less of a concern for them.

You're correct.

I forgot Lakers will become a team under the cap for 2019-20.

« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2019, 01:50:20 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

We don't really have a lot of guard depth do we? Smart and Irving have also both missed games throughout their careers. That is probably the main reason.

Agree.

What's worse for those who don't like Rozier, Ainge might convince Rozier to re-sign with the Celts because Celts will lose a lot of players if they trade for AD.

« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2019, 01:52:54 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn
Memphis has traded Garrett Temple and JaMychal Green to the Clippers for Avery Bradley, league sources tell ESPN.

« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2019, 01:53:10 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 48s48 seconds ago
More
Memphis has traded Garrett Temple and JaMychal Green to the Clippers for Avery Bradley, league sources tell ESPN.

Our boy AB on the move.