Author Topic: I’m not blaming anybody  (Read 1235 times)

Re: I’m not blaming anybody
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 12:06:57 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I don't think blame is the right term. Yet, there are reasons why this team can't remain consistent in their effort and energy.

With Baynes out again... Horford, at best an undersized center is asked to play out of position. At the age of 33, with a ton of miles on those legs we depend him to compete against younger, hungrier more athletic players. He can't do it anymore, not on a consistent basis. This team needs a healthy Baynes or another true center.

The young players Rozier, Brown, Tatum aren't there yet. Not JUST scoring wise, I'm talking about court awareness, passing, and decision making in general. They'll get there eventually.
IMO some of the problems here come from not knowing when to step forward or when to step aside. (ie the Kyrie effect.) Both players do not play well while being sidekicks. They both don't have the right amount savvy just yet.

Morris is in a FA year. He went from the bench to the starting lineup. God knows who's in his ear, he's now a starter on an NBA team in his FA year. He smells a huge payday.

Haywood has savvy, playmaking, and experience, but his confidence because of the injury is much too fragile. He'll get there.

Kytie sucks all the air out of the room, especially at the games end. Without Kyrie, we have no closer that takes charge. (Marcus Smart wants to but doesn't have the right tools necessary.) The rest of the team are much too used to watching Irving bail them out and take over at the end of the game. 

Altogether, it's just not enough.

So here we sit...somewhere between ready to step forward, by trading away the young core for another necessary star FA.

Or, Not signing Kyrie Irving, and waiting for the young players to hopefully mature someday.

Re: I’m not blaming anybody
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 12:12:29 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Best to just blame everything. No one element can be assigned for a bad loss.

One thing to avoid is to assume the Celtics are going to win all their games or win all the games they are "supposed to win." If you do, it is a recipe for misery.

From Ainge's stand point this is not "the" team. These players and the draft picks will be used to build "the" team if possible.

Irving dropped out of nowhere. Ainge did not plan for him...he planned for situations where he could get a player like Irving though and out they went right?

"The Celtics are the favorites to win the east."

I didn't write that sh&%.

If the media dip that wrote that had asked me I would have said "how?". They don't have a center and they have 8 guys that have never played together before. Just how the he&* would you "know" that they are going to beat three other teams that have played together.

Last year's team in the playoffs? Terry Rozier was the "star". Just what does that tell you about last year's team? The ECF wasn't much, were they. The Pacers without Oladipo are playing better than the Celtics now.

Ainge would never agree that a point guard can put an NBA team "over the top."
Ainge would never build around a point guard would he? Did Auerbach ever build around a point guard....ever?

The Celtics have a bad attitude? Morris has issues with his team mates? This is a sports  team. A "leader" leads with his play not with his mouth. There are a bunch of numbers hanging from the rafters of players who were leaders through their play.

Irving needs a team to help him win. The Celtics need a front court. They don't have one, but, they are doing everything they can to build one.

This team needs to be the underdog because they aren't good enough to be the favorite. Last night for the first half the team was joking around and padding their stats. Everybody was having fun. If Tommy had been the head coach last night, he would have let them lose...the worse the better. they looked like a bunch of cupcakes and deserved what they got.

I will guess it would be better if this team actually believed they have little chance in the playoffs...maybe they they'll decide to play hard.

As an example? Who would win in a game between last year's playoff roster and this week's team? Last year's team would certainly outhustle this bunch of movie stars.

Ainge has spent almost a decade trying to get right where he is today. He has the opportunity to have the Celtics "pop" as GSW faces the break up. It is genius and we get to watch it happen.