Author Topic: Stevens should be on the hot seat  (Read 5552 times)

Re: Stevens should be on the hot seat
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2019, 11:29:50 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
If the team can't win a game against the depleted clippers up 28 at home

you blame the players, not the coach.

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2019, 11:33:44 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
You guys are crazy if you think this is Coach Stevens fault.

He isn't the one not playing defense or turning the ball over or jacking up stupid shots.

Just because you're up 28 doesn't mean the game is over and you play lackadaisically like it's some pickup game.

Fine...then make sure you don't give him credit for wins either. You Stevens supporters want to pick and choose so that the players are always to blame for poor performance and Stevens is great when the team wins. Stevens doesn't make shots or play defense when the team wins either.

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2019, 11:34:18 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Marcus Morris said when he looks at the Celtics he sees a bunch of individuals. Said he sees everyone else having fun around the league, they don’t have fun.

“It hasn’t been fun for a long time.”

8:14 PM - 9 Feb 2019

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2019, 11:34:38 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
Jay King

Verified account

@ByJayKing
 6m6 minutes ago
More
Marcus Morris: "I watch all these other teams around the league and guys are up on the bench ... they’re enjoying everything, and they’re playing together and they’re playing to win. And when I look at us I just see a bunch of individuals.”

15 replies 58 retweets 170 likes
Reply 15   Retweet 58   Like 170   Direct message

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2019, 11:34:58 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
Jay King

Verified account

@ByJayKing
 3m3 minutes ago
More
Marcus Morris: "We’re going to lose games, but we don’t have no attitude, we don’t have no toughness, we ain’t having fun. It’s been a long season.”

7 replies 20 retweets 80 likes
Reply 7   Retweet 20   Like 80   Direct message

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2019, 11:40:13 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
Exactly, how does Stevens coach this ?

Its impossible

Ainge is to blame big time

But I know what Ainge is thinking, all he is thinking is trade chips and actual trades.

Many of these guys will not be here

Rozier, Smart, Tatum, Brown , get ready to see many of these guys go

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2019, 11:45:21 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
This is a roster and fan perception problem
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2019, 11:49:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Nope. Big picture, the team has done super well under him and there's no reason to think they'd be better off with somebody else.

Can't get too high or too low.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2019, 11:53:09 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Exactly, how does Stevens coach this ?

Its impossible

Ainge is to blame big time

But I know what Ainge is thinking, all he is thinking is trade chips and actual trades.

Many of these guys will not be here

Rozier, Smart, Tatum, Brown , get ready to see many of these guys go

I don't get how this is Ainge's fault when 90% of these guys were all here last year, too, yet we were somehow successful and played much more cohesively throughout the year then. So how is it Ainge's fault?

The fact of the matter is that some of the young guys developed an entitled attitude after last year, and the chemistry is completely off this year now with too many individuals and not enough team members out there. That's not Ainge's fault; that's the fault of the coaching staff for not being able to address it.

Because Brad and the rest of the coaching staff are too soft and afraid to hurt any feelings, there is no discipline or buy-in from the players, as they don't respect the coaching staff, the team, or the system. If the coaching staff would've clarified roles earlier in the season and developed more discipline in the players, we wouldn't be having these issues right now.

I do think Ainge was a little optimistic in thinking that such a mixture of set veterans (Kyrie, Al, Gordon, Morris, etc.) and up-and-coming stars and good players (Tatum, Brown, Rozier) would just naturally develop chemistry and play well together. Rather than playing styles, I think the the players being at differing points in their careers is a major difference that is hindering chemistry. And I guess you can put a little blame on the players themselves, too, as they aren't holding themselves accountable to the betterment of the team. But I still see this as a primarily coaching problem, as a good coaching staff who can manage the talent and disparate personalities/characters on his team would've been able to manage these issues in a more effective way.

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2019, 11:53:41 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
You guys are crazy if you think this is Coach Stevens fault.

He isn't the one not playing defense or turning the ball over or jacking up stupid shots.

Just because you're up 28 doesn't mean the game is over and you play lackadaisically like it's some pickup game.

Again - these issues are on the coaching staff. What exactly do you think is the coaching staff's job? Their job is to manage the talent on the team, coordinate the gameplan, and keep their guys consistent and motivated over the course of a long season.

When you say that we're playing lazily and stupidly and are deviating from the gameplan, that's on the coaching staff. The fact that there's no discipline or respect for the gameplan whatsoever is indicative of a team that hasn't bought in to the coaching staff's vision/philosophy and doesn't respect them.

Then in essence you're saying the players are revolting and tuning Stevens out.

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2019, 11:53:56 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
When you see the same things happening over and over and over it tells me no one is concerned about losing minutes or being chastised.

Ainge needs to bring in a vet who is hungry. Ainge give Thibs a call and have him join Stevens staff. I'm not so sure his staff is experienced enough.

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2019, 11:54:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
It’s fun knowing I don’t have to check the scores to know if we won or lost a game.

wow...i though i was the only that noticed     Imissed the game and came to the site . This happens many times . I can tell by the thread titles what happened in 2 seconds without checking the game thread or score .   Uh oh .....a fire stevens thread ...LOL...I know the score was bad we lost

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2019, 12:01:58 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Now if Kyrie is a true true leader, he will be ready to go on Tuesday. I don't believe the injury is all that serious because he played a few minutes after being hurt. If he can go, he needs to galvanize the team, walk into Philly and win. He will have a whole week to rest but a leader will be out there.

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2019, 12:08:18 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Inexcusable. The effort isn't there. The scheme isn't there. In-game adjustments are high school. Stevens is getting outcoached because he has script rotations.

TP... Danny should issue a memo to CBS.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2019, 12:08:56 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
It’s fun knowing I don’t have to check the scores to know if we won or lost a game.

wow...i though i was the only that noticed     Imissed the game and came to the site . This happens many times . I can tell by the thread titles what happened in 2 seconds without checking the game thread or score .   Uh oh .....a fire stevens thread ...LOL...I know the score was bad we lost

Yeah but this was real bad, and glaringly Stevens fault to some degree. Celtics had a 28-point lead. TWENTY-EIGHT POINTS.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)