4 (7.3%)
40-60%
12 (21.8%)
60-80%
16 (29.1%)
80-100%
14 (25.5%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Post-Deadline Poll: % chance we trade for Anthony Davis this summer?  (Read 1755 times)

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Now we know AD will remain a Pelican for at least the rest of this season, and we'll at least have a chance to make an offer this summer. No need to worry about the Rose Rule now.

It's also likely that this all gets influenced by Kyrie's decision(s) as well this June/July.

I think Kyrie stays but am a little wary of teams like NYK (if they land #1) or PHI (offering Simmons) entering the bidding war for AD and also AD not having us on his list is a big factor too.

Maybe Kyrie and others can help influence him?

So I say 55% (so 40-60%). What do you all think?

Re: Post-Deadline Poll: % chance we trade for Anthony Davis this summer?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 12:59:14 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
0-20

Assuming there’s real concern about whether he’d be a rental

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 12:59:28 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
75%

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 01:00:48 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Pelicans hate Klutch sports. Word was that they called them at 3:01 pm yesterday and said they were finally ready to make a deal...

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 01:03:33 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
I think there's a really good chance of it at this point - probably greater than 80%. The only thing that might stop it is if (a) there's a falling out between Kyrie and the rest of the team/coaches, or (b) NYK gets the 1st pick and offers everything they got for AD, though it's still unclear if the Pels would prefer that over a Godfather offer from us, given how high they are on Tatum.

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 01:28:08 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Probably about 25%. The Lakers about the same (on one hand, it's where the biggest noise is coming from to get him, on the other hand, NO so far hasn't wanted to deal with LA so... I put it even with the C's). Then there's a 50% chance he goes somewhere else depending on how the rest of the season breaks out.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 01:38:20 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Let's just say, I hope not.  Many may say, "what are you crazy?" 

Maybe I am, but I look at how the Warriors (Pre-KD) were built and I believe the C's can be built in the same manner, and are very close to it now.

I stick with Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, Smart, Hayward, Williams and see what we can add via free agency and in this years draft.

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 01:39:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
50%
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 01:56:23 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
I say it's close to 100%.  If the C's do not win the championship then they can justify trading Tatum.  I just hope Smart and Brown stay.  I even want the Time Lord to stay.  Tatum and 3 picks with salary filler.  The C's can get a 3rd team involved to send an expiring player that will open up salary for that team this year and can help fill the gap so they don't have to move Smart to match salaries.  I religiously have watched 95% of the games (Minus some west coast ones since I'm on the east coast) and this team is frustrating to watch.  They are dominant for 3 quarters and stink for 1.  The only way Tatum is on this team next year is if the C's win the whole thing.  If not it will justify to ownership that they need another start to win it all. 

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 02:02:59 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I think it’s highly likely Ainge pulls the trigger.

If we don’t, I believe Kyrie is gone.

Everybody knows we are a big reason New Orleans kept him past the deadline (the other reason was to stick it to the Lakers and LeBron/Paul). Ainge waited years to make his big move for KG, and waited years for AD.

I’m curious to see if his (or Paul’s) tune changes about resigning with us by June.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 02:14:12 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622
Good poll.
I put my money on AD traded to the Celtics for more than most here on celticstrong would like with no guarantee of him staying past his contract. Celtics favored to win the east.

I wonder what Vegas has the odds of AD to Celtics?

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2019, 02:16:02 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
assuming a pre-trade discussion happens between Danny and AD and AD's onboard with resigning with the C's  -- 100%.  If AD only says he's open to it but in no way assures it, 60%.  if he says he's only going to sign with LA after the season, I still think there's a 25% chance Danny makes the deal in the hopes he can change AD's mind and if he can use that rental situation to cut the cost of the deal. 

I think LA's tampering will push NO to require everything LA can offer in order to trade him there but NO would take something reasonable to trade Davis elsewhere and stick it to LA

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2019, 03:50:11 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
I think 40%.

I'm still wary about his rental status since we're not on his preference list. I do think Kyrie's decision will play a part though. If Kyrie re-signs here and/or AD becomes open to staying here long-term, then it would actually be 75% from me.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2019, 04:02:50 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Lol seems like there's a lot of confident people here. I think we could have a great selling point to AD if we can keep Kyrie and are able to keep much of our team even after trading for AD. Adding AD I think puts us right there with MIL fighting in the East for a Finals spot (and close to equal footing with the Warriors even if they keep KD + Klay since they don't have an answer for AD). Even better odds if Kawhi leaves TOR this summer too.

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2019, 07:14:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Pelicans hate Klutch sports. Word was that they called them at 3:01 pm yesterday and said they were finally ready to make a deal...

I laughed when I heard that Magic Johnson apparently didn't sleep the night before the deadline and then another report emerged that despite that, the Pelicans never even contacted the Lakers. Poor guy is getting worked by Lebron  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller