Author Topic: Frustrated watching this team  (Read 7948 times)

Frustrated watching this team
« on: February 08, 2019, 07:33:53 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
We are going to regret all these losses to teams we should beat by 10. I don't understand why Hayward continues to be in the lineup at the end of games. I'm sick of watching this team thinking they can win just off talent. They are too cool for school.

Can we see Steven's go berserk sometimes? A 6 point lead with a minute to go should be a win, forget the 20 point lead earlier in the game.

Stop with the scripted substitutions and reward guys for playing well. Tired of watching a well put together
team not play up to potential.

Re: Frustrated watching this team
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 07:37:29 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I couldn't agree more. Good players last night: Rozer, Theis, Tatum & Brown. Bad players: Irving, Smart, Hayward. This will come back and haunt us. My wife f Kyrie was playing for us or his future team.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 07:54:37 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
I'm still perplexed at why Kyrie is taking a shot with 10 seconds instead of running the clock down to 2-3 seconds and either make them foul or have them take a timeout (if they had one) and get your best defenders back on the court. Win or lose with the last shot.

Steven's knows more than me but this team is so undisciplined. The lose big leads, they don't execute at the end of games, jack up poor shots.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 08:05:02 AM »

Offline Greengang5

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21
I couldn't agree more. Good players last night: Rozer, Theis, Tatum & Brown. Bad players: Irving, Smart, Hayward. This will come back and haunt us. My wife f Kyrie was playing for us or his future team.
How was Hayward a bad player last night?  Go take a look at his usage from last night.  Look at his touches and assists.  He rarely had anything called for him and when he did he made the right play.  There is no way Hayward should have an 8% usage. Sorry, Hayward must be facilitating more than that.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 08:06:01 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Dont you all realize that its a given that
1. Davis will be a celtic
2. Davis will not leave after 1 year
3. Kyrie signs longterm
4. Kyrie stays healthy
5. Davis stays healthy
6. Horford doesnt age
7. Hayward returns to be an allstar
8. Players take discounts to sign here
9. There is no danger that trading all the youth and picks
10. After trading all youth and future picks that team
Is able to draft so well that with late late 1st rounders team is able to remain competetive for next decade plus

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 08:19:33 AM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
Last years playoff lineup would have won that game. I was hoping after last year  C's would continue to build through the draft.

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 08:28:49 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
Last years playoff lineup would have won that game. I was hoping after last year  C's would continue to build through the draft.

Bingo, it would've woke the starters up. Why cant we ever see two bigs on the court together to end games and improve our rebounding?

The point in which I knew we would lose is when Smart jacked a 3, missed it, got another possession and jacked it again. Why not pull it out run clock and get a FT or better shot.

I see too many guys trying to block jumpers and 3s flying through the air, instead of just closing out to maintain defensive posture and rebounding. They are out the play .

How many FTs did the Lakers miss?

Sorry just getting tired of watching this same freaking mental lapses time and time again.

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 08:43:13 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
At some point Kyrie  was 3-18 and at the same time Theis Brown and specially Tatum were supper efficient.
Kyrie should have realized that and become a distributor! He was also bad on D.
Tatum was getting whatever he wanted! I am having a hard getting over this game.
Rozier should have been playing in the last minutes instead of Marcus - who missed 2 crucial WIDE OPEN 3s.

And WHY did we not run the clock in the last play and gave the Lakers 11 seconds with the ball!!!!

And Stevens with his stupid comments that the 'best team won'

I am going to need a 10 game winning streak to get over this, and a win in LA.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 08:46:38 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I thought it was a good game., it was very exciting and back and forth at the end. As a fan of basketball it was fun, would have been better to win but still a fun game to watch. I think Rondo winning the game was easier to swallow then LeBron.

Kyrie had one of his worst games while the Lakers had their best shooting night of the year and a franchise record 22  3-pointers made. That will probably not happen again this year.

As for Hayward, I think he needs more mins and more touches while Morris needs less...he just keeps jacking up 3's and his shooting has cooled down. He is not a starter imo; more of a spark off the bench/ role player on certain nights. I mentioned this in another thread, but Hayward is contributing alot to the team, but not points....yet. He was a +19 last night

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 08:55:48 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I would hate to have a coach that shuffles his lineup game to game based on the way the guys are playing that night.  It would be awful.  Guys need a routine and that includes regular playing time.  Besides, I don’t care how good rozier is playing.  I still trust pretty much everyone else at the end of games than him. Same for Jaylen. 

As for the game, lots of bad luck unfortunately.  Lebron trying to throw the ball off a player falling out of bounds and somehow ends up with a wide open three.  On the last okay, the ball hit the backboard protection after the Horford block or else he grabs it easily.  Horford literally clapped his hands to together only to be foiled by a piece of plastic.

As for waiting 2-3 seconds to shoot, I’m like, what?!?  You don’t wait until the end to take the last shot down one.  You just don’t.  Take it early in case you miss.  That allows you to foul and still have a chance to tie with a three as worse case scenario. 

So yeah, this team is not a world beater.  But they aren’t as bad as people think either.  What are we the last ten games?  8-2?  How do we compare to other teams since smart started?  I’d guess not so bad.

The team doesn’t have the greatest chemistry due to how it’s constructed.  Too many guys needing the ball.  That’s obvious, though they’re getting better.  And when they olay they’re best, the team is hard to beat. 

I’ll keep watching and hopefully we put it all together in the playoffs.  I haven’t given up by a long shot.

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 08:57:24 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm frustrated reading these knee jerk responses to a close loss against LeBron on a night his team shot 22-41 from deep.

The Hayward stuff is just tired at this point.  Unless he puts up twenty plus points, a certain contingent of fans will p--- and moan that he shouldn't be playing.  All these posts say is that the author doesn't really bother to watch the game closely, or doesn't understand that supporting players can have a good game without scoring a bunch of points.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2019, 08:57:57 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I understand the frustration of losing a game, to the Lakers no less, but I'm going to be that guy.

Can we all chill out for a second?

We are 10-2 in our last 12 games, with wins against Toronto and OKC. We had a bad night last night, but it doesn't fully reflect who we are as a team moving forward.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2019, 08:59:54 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I thought it was a good game., it was very exciting and back and forth at the end. As a fan of basketball it was fun, would have been better to win but still a fun game to watch. I think Rondo winning the game was easier to swallow then LeBron.

Kyrie had one of his worst games while the Lakers had their best shooting night of the year and a franchise record 22  3-pointers made. That will probably not happen again this year.

As for Hayward, I think he needs more mins and more touches while Morris needs less...he just keeps jacking up 3's and his shooting has cooled down. He is not a starter imo; more of a spark off the bench/ role player on certain nights. I mentioned this in another thread, but Hayward is contributing alot to the team, but not points....yet. He was a +19 last night

Morris needs less minutes, yes, but Hayward, not so much.

team is now 14-16 when hayward plays more than 24 minutes.

Now I think Hayward does need more minutes to get better, but unfortunately he does not gel with THIS team.

He hopefully is shopped in the offseason for the betterment of the celtics franchise

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2019, 09:02:06 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
I don't think Hayward is ready for more minutes. He's still too passive...but maybe by the end of regular season.

Rozier, Brown and Theis were not rewarded for their great play last night. If you want everyone to buy in, give guys minutes when they produce and maybe it wakes the starters up. These scripted substitutions kill momentum and confidence.

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2019, 09:03:05 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I understand the frustration of losing a game, to the Lakers no less, but I'm going to be that guy.

Can we all chill out for a second?

We are 10-2 in our last 12 games, with wins against Toronto and OKC. We had a bad night last night, but it doesn't fully reflect who we are as a team moving forward.
I hear you, but this was the Lakers!