Author Topic: Frustrated watching this team  (Read 7934 times)

Re: Frustrated watching this team
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2019, 09:56:02 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
See what I mean? SMH 28 pt lead.

Hey Steven's, tell these clowns to take the ball to the basket and stop chucking 3s. Get to the FT line and play defense.

No way they better lose this game. What the heck is going on in the locker room at halftime for 3rs qtrs to be so bad.

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2019, 10:12:44 PM »

Kiorrik

I do believe it's Stevens. Not Steven's.

's is a contraction. You use that if it's replacing the word "is".

"Hey Steven is, [...]" doesn't really make sense.

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2019, 10:15:44 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
Yes, I know its Stevens (dang auto correct)

Yes, I'm beginning to also think it's Stevens... as in the problem with in game adjustments.

This is pathetic

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2019, 10:28:25 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Frustration doesn't do what I'm feeling justice
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2019, 10:32:04 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
Two home games to two beatable teams. Stevens has lost the team. The team shoots so many 3s that it allows other teams to get in the game if you arent shooting 80%.

The philosophy to encourage 3s is garbage.

Stevens should've got a technical at some point in this game.

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2019, 10:32:59 PM »

Offline ihatelakers

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
  its sad to see how much tatum has regressed since working with the most selfish ball hog in the history of the game!!!

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2019, 10:35:25 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
This team is still cocky. Is that on CBS? I think it’s more the roster, bad habits die hard.

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2019, 10:37:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
This team is still cocky. Is that on CBS? I think it’s more the roster, bad habits die hard.
It could definitely be a personnel issue
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2019, 10:57:03 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
No it's not Ainge's fault. Stevens may have to just play anyone that is playing hard. Forget the lineups especially after halftime.

Stop giving minutes to players who aren't hustling a d playing defense. Everyone already knows their set minutes and they're too comfortable.

Where are the leaders on this team?

Funny thing is I bet they win Tuesday vs Sixers...watch. 🤷🏾‍♂️

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2019, 11:00:39 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

It still can be. You see your players coasting in the game? Bench him.

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2019, 11:36:43 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
There are too many laid back guys on this team. We need some more Smarts. Hayward, Horford, Tatum. Kyrie, Brown...just too many too cool for school guys and then you add a laid back Stevens. Just need to see so.eone play with passion.

Where are the dogs?

« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2019, 12:06:07 AM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
After seeing Marcus Morris’s postgame comments (I don’t see it on YouTube yet or I’d post it), my hunch is that issues are coming from Jaylen, Rozier, and potentially Tatum.  You figure things were fine last year as far as I know and then you re-insert Hayward and Kyrie.  Chris Mannix said in the postgame show that there’s a veterans vs young guys rift he’s heard a bit about.  You had Morris shoving Jalen in the huddle back on Jan. 10th, then there’s Ainge saying he had to speak with a player about being upset with trade talks (not saying that’s Brown):

https://nesn.com/2019/02/danny-ainge-reveals-he-spoke-to-one-celtics-player-discussed-in-trades/

Seems as though Brown and Rozier are p---ed about coming off the bench too, and that Hayward’s getting the minutes he is with how he’s been playing.  I mean Brown was demoted mid season.  Sounds like there’s some growing up to do and a need for a realization that things can’t always be exactly the way they want them to be.  I don’t think this will fix itself but half of them will most likely be traded for Davis in July realistically. 

I don’t advocate for firing Brad Stevens whatsoever but I do think he’s having some issues controlling the kids with his passive demeanor.  Gotta hope they grow up real fast because Milwaukee, Philly and Toronto aren’t gonna wait for it.

« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2019, 12:12:45 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
After seeing Marcus Morris’s postgame comments (I don’t see it on YouTube yet or I’d post it), my hunch is that issues are coming from Jaylen, Rozier, and potentially Tatum.  You figure things were fine last year as far as I know and then you re-insert Hayward and Kyrie.  Chris Mannix said in the postgame show that there’s a veterans vs young guys rift he’s heard a bit about.  You had Morris shoving Jalen in the huddle back on Jan. 10th, then there’s Ainge saying he had to speak with a player about being upset with trade talks (not saying that’s Brown):

https://nesn.com/2019/02/danny-ainge-reveals-he-spoke-to-one-celtics-player-discussed-in-trades/

Seems as though Brown and Rozier are p---ed about coming off the bench too, and that Hayward’s getting the minutes he is with how he’s been playing.  I mean Brown was demoted mid season.  Sounds like there’s some growing up to do and a need for a realization that things can’t always be exactly the way they want them to be.  I don’t think this will fix itself but half of them will most likely be traded for Davis in July realistically. 

I don’t advocate for firing Brad Stevens whatsoever but I do think he’s having some issues controlling the kids with his passive demeanor.  Gotta hope they grow up real fast because Milwaukee, Philly and Toronto aren’t gonna wait for it.

Wasn't Rozier complaining about Hayward's minutes, money and his PPG at one point too? The one frustrated with the trade talks is obviously Rozier. It's a locker room meltdown here. Stevens having no control over it.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2019, 12:27:34 AM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41

Wasn't Rozier complaining about Hayward's minutes, money and his PPG at one point too? The one frustrated with the trade talks is obviously Rozier. It's a locker room meltdown here. Stevens having no control over it.

I think it’s Rozier too considering he plays well every time kyrie is out.  Unfortunately I don’t think Kyries injury news will be good so Terry will get his minutes.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:35:07 AM by C3LTSF4N »

« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2019, 12:31:22 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
No Kyrie and no Baynes.

We need everyone healthy to be good.