Author Topic: Celtics have the best 3 point shot defence throughout last decade, its not close  (Read 989 times)

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I follow this solid channel on Youtube, Tifo football.
It very clearly explains footballs ins and outs, moves and tactics.
Recently Tifo also made a basketball channel and I learned that our Celts have been one of the top 5 teams defending the arc this entire decade.
Just 4 teams (GSW, HOU, CHI, IND) have done this 4 times in the same time span.
We are always there, 9 years.
It seems rather important to defend those 3 pointers since - we live in the 3 point shot era.

Here is the whole video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyV0fEbwRoM

And if you are a football fan I would recommend his channel.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 03:40:52 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I love the Tifo Football channel too. The tactics videos are excellent.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
It would have been nice if they had a good 3-point defense night against the team that has the 2nd WORST 3-pt percentage in the league.

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
It would have been nice if they had a good 3-point defense night against the team that has the 2nd WORST 3-pt percentage in the league.
I'd rather take a 10-year span than one regular season game.
But I get you, we should always beat the Lakers at home when they are this somber.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
There is no defending the 3 ball in this current era. Players are shooting the 3 whether they are open or not because of the inflated value of the shot. Until the line gets moved back or until the value of the shot itself decreases there will not be any sort of consistent defense against it.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
??? The Lakers set a franchise record last night for most 3 pointers made. Was there another Celtics game on last night that I wasn't aware of?

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
There is no defending the 3 ball in this current era. Players are shooting the 3 whether they are open or not because of the inflated value of the shot. Until the line gets moved back or until the value of the shot itself decreases there will not be any sort of consistent defense against it.

Which is funny, because OP literally just mentioned that we have one of the best 3 point defense... So I don't get your comment...?

That's fine, teams can keep chucking shots, sure there is the 3 point explosion happening right now, but a lot of teams that are living/dying by the 3 are thriving by fools gold.
??? The Lakers set a franchise record last night for most 3 pointers made. Was there another Celtics game on last night that I wasn't aware of?

More than half of their roster doesn't even shoot over 33%. Last night was an anomaly, considering that almost half of their 3PA were contested/fadeaway/defender within 4 feet. Those are pretty tough makes.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Last night was a complete fluke.  Kuzma (a 30% shooter) looked like Klay Thompson.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton

Which is funny, because OP literally just mentioned that we have one of the best 3 point defense... So I don't get your comment...?

That's fine, teams can keep chucking shots, sure there is the 3 point explosion happening right now, but a lot of teams that are living/dying by the 3 are thriving by fools gold.

More than half of their roster doesn't even shoot over 33%. Last night was an anomaly, considering that almost half of their 3PA were contested/fadeaway/defender within 4 feet. Those are pretty tough makes.

Having the best 3 point defense relative to the other teams who are giving up a ton of 3's themselves doesn't mean much. Last night i saw both teams attempt about 10 three pointers in successive fashion and most of them were contested. Guys are shooting them with hands in the face, guys are shooting them from 27 feet away, guys are shooting them off picks, it doesn't matter as long as the shot has such an inflated value. I honestly despise this era of ball. I wish Silver would allow hand checking so that the simple action of setting a screen wouldn't break down an entire teams defense.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Having the best 3 point defense relative to the other teams who are giving up a ton of 3's themselves doesn't mean much. Last night i saw both teams attempt about 10 three pointers in successive fashion and most of them were contested. Guys are shooting them with hands in the face, guys are shooting them from 27 feet away, guys are shooting them off picks, it doesn't matter as long as the shot has such an inflated value. I honestly despise this era of ball. I wish Silver would allow hand checking so that the simple action of setting a screen wouldn't break down an entire teams defense.

Yeah it kind of does...

I don't get your argument, because having the best perimeter defense is extremely vital in today's NBA.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton

Yeah it kind of does...

I don't get your argument, because having the best perimeter defense is extremely vital in today's NBA.

There is no perimeter defense in this current iteration of the NBA. Because you cannot hand check, the offense just needs to run a few screens and your entire perimeter defense breaks down.