Author Topic: Gordon starting to turn the corner?  (Read 13744 times)

Re: Gordon starting to turn the corner?
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2019, 12:55:24 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Team needs a bigman.

Like true bigman. Williams is still 1 years out and that is too long to wait...need someone that allows horford to move to the pf spot and morris to the bench.

And terry can be the trade bait for him, if hayward is going to keep running the second unit then a true pg is not needed there. Aomeone like beverly wpuld be a great add to replace rozier.

Imo rozier and morris and yabu for vucevic and roll put the season.

Then see what happens

Rozier, Baynes, and Yabu for Vucevic will be my trade proposal.

But I don't think Ainge will make any moves until he gets AD in the summer.

Vucevic would really help the Celts in the playoffs.
His rebounding and inside scoring is what's missing from this current Celtics team.

I really don’t think we need a big man upgrade right now.  Horford and Baynes (and Theis as 3rd string) are rock solid defensively as well as their role on offense.

What I do think could take our team to another level without any outside moves is flipping minutes and starting role from Morris to Hayward once Hayward seems very close to all the way back(some encouraging signs the last couple games).  I hope to see that happen as we get closer to the playoffs.
I think they def need big man depth in a Baynes replacement. He can’t be depended on to stay healthy this season. He’s out for a few weeks again. This couldn’t have come at a worse time for the Cs.

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2019, 01:14:22 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Team needs a bigman.

Like true bigman. Williams is still 1 years out and that is too long to wait...need someone that allows horford to move to the pf spot and morris to the bench.

And terry can be the trade bait for him, if hayward is going to keep running the second unit then a true pg is not needed there. Aomeone like beverly wpuld be a great add to replace rozier.

Then see what happens

His rebounding and inside scoring is what's missing from this current Celtics team.

I really don’t think we need a big man upgrade right now.  Horford and Baynes (and Theis as 3rd string) are rock solid defensively as well as their role on offense.

What I do think could take our team to another level without any outside moves is flipping minutes and starting role from Morris to Hayward once Hayward seems very close to all the way back(some encouraging signs the last couple games).  I hope to see that happen as we get closer to the playoffs.
I think they def need big man depth in a Baynes replacement. He can’t be depended on to stay healthy this season. He’s out for a few weeks again. This couldn’t have come at a worse time for the Cs.

Or one week (good thing for the all-star break!)

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/celtics-aron-baynes-out-until-all-star-break/

I think Theis is fine with Williams in mop up duty. It's not like Baynes has been out with a chronic injury, but if something more should be discovered, then I agree that we would need another solid back-up. If this team is healthy going into the playoffs, we should be okay.

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2019, 01:23:04 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
Team needs a bigman.

Then see what happens

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/celtics-aron-baynes-out-until-all-star-break/

I think Theis is fine with Williams in mop up duty. It's not like Baynes has been out with a chronic injury, but if something more should be discovered, then I agree that we would need another solid back-up. If this team is healthy going into the playoffs, we should be okay.
The quote I saw said at least a couple weeks. I know the All Star game takes up a chunk of that time but Baynes seems to have a lot of nagging things this year. And feet injuries are never a good thing for big guys.

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2019, 01:27:42 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Team needs a bigman.

Then see what happens

The quote I saw said at least a couple weeks. I know the All Star game takes up a chunk of that time but Baynes seems to have a lot of nagging things this year. And feet injuries are never a good thing for big guys.

I just saw the tweet you posted from Himmelsbach in the other thread. I guess if it is coming from Baynes himself, then I would say that is more the truth. I saw Stevens talking about it, but that was probably more in a hopeful manner. Anyway, tp - not trying to be contrary.

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2019, 01:30:20 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
Team needs a bigman.

Then see what happens

I just saw the tweet you posted from Himmelsbach in the other thread. I guess if it is coming from Baynes himself, then I would say that is more the truth. I saw Stevens talking about it, but that was probably more in a hopeful manner. Anyway, tp - not trying to be contrary.
No need to apologize! It’s all good! Thought maybe I missed something on my end as well!

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2019, 05:27:39 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Another regression vs the Thunder.

3/2/3 in 24 minutes.

Wrong direction, Gordo!

This team needs you.

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2019, 05:31:42 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Glad not to see him in last 7-8 minutes of game
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2019, 05:32:07 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Hayward played pretty well except offense. He has absolutely zero lift on any types of his shots.

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2019, 05:46:20 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I haven't been able to see many games, but the issue I've seen has been lack of touches. It's hard to get a feel for the game when you're just standing around. He's fumbling the ball and slow at things because it's not natural anymore, he's thinking about it too much.

I think BS need to have a few plays for him right when he comes in, get a feel again. I'm wondering if he needs to have some one help him with the mental part of it. He's looking less scared, but I'm sure he's frustrated which gets into his head.

I wish there was more plays where he spots up for shots run for him, were he can up fake if close out, and he can get that bunny. Also should be taking the ball up the floor over Rozier most of the time. Get him involved, make him feel like he's part of the team. Even if he's just making plays for other players.

His lift and reactions are still a bit away. But I'm feeling it's more mental than physical right now.

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2019, 05:57:10 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I haven't been able to see many games, but the issue I've seen has been lack of touches. It's hard to get a feel for the game when you're just standing around. He's fumbling the ball and slow at things because it's not natural anymore, he's thinking about it too much.

I think BS need to have a few plays for him right when he comes in, get a feel again. I'm wondering if he needs to have some one help him with the mental part of it. He's looking less scared, but I'm sure he's frustrated which gets into his head.

I wish there was more plays where he spots up for shots run for him, were he can up fake if close out, and he can get that bunny. Also should be taking the ball up the floor over Rozier most of the time. Get him involved, make him feel like he's part of the team. Even if he's just making plays for other players.

His lift and reactions are still a bit away. But I'm feeling it's more mental than physical right now.

I agree with you on the lack of touches.

Hayward's not used to being a bench player.
He's been a starter his whole NBA life.
This is something new for him.

Jaylen Brown is getting most of the touches with the 2nd unit.

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2019, 05:59:50 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
The last thing this team needs is to give a guy afraid to shoot, a guy who passes out of open shots, a guy shooting poor percentages to get MORE touches.

Thats what practice or potentially a different team is for

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2019, 06:23:34 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
The answer would be no. He has WAYS to go and I personally don't have the patience to wait for Gordon Hayward to find himself again.

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2019, 06:24:45 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
The last thing this team needs is to give a guy afraid to shoot, a guy who passes out of open shots, a guy shooting poor percentages to get MORE touches.

Thats what practice or potentially a different team is for

Practice is a totally different monster than games. Shaq could make 20 FT's in a row in practice, but brick 20 in a row in game. It's about building confidence. He gets more touches against bad teams because it's easier to make up for mistakes, but the offense needs to be more consistent when it comes to him. His team needs to rally around him right now and get him involved. Part of the problem is they don't trust him and wont go to him. But it's better to fail now, lose a couple games to get every one working well together and ready for the playoffs.   

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2019, 06:28:33 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
The answer would be no. He has WAYS to go and I personally don't have the patience to wait for Gordon Hayward to find himself again.

Only way to get better is to fail  over and over again and learn from it. That takes time. And you might just have to be patience, doubt some one is going to trade for him, so may as well get him on track.

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2019, 07:37:13 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Another regression vs the Thunder.

3/2/3 in 24 minutes.

Wrong direction, Gordo!

This team needs you.

Another meh game for our beloved max player.
He is just not makng any progress at all.
Still passive, drives to pass, and shoots less than 6x per game.
nearer and nearer towards a bust of a season.