Author Topic: Does Danny trade Rozier by the deadline?  (Read 2856 times)

Re: Does Danny trade Rozier by the deadline?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 09:47:39 AM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
I can't stand Celtic fans sometimes. All of a sudden they can't stand Rozier.

The only reason he is not doing well is because minutes and rhythm. He barely turns the ball over at all. He grabs board, he is ok on defense , he has his moments on the good and bad.

The notion that his value has lowered is false imo.

Just because he isn't playing that well does not mean he can't be very good somewhere else playing a bigger role which he deserves a shot at.

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 09:50:23 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I don't think so. Ainge rarely trades young guys at trade deadline before their contract expires. I have thought he should have a few times in the past but he has held steady and waited until the summer to evaluate the situation. That process has worked well for him. I expect him to do the same with Rozier.

It is not like Rozier has great value in the trade market at the moment either.

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2018, 09:50:37 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366

The only reason he is not doing well is because minutes and rhythm. He barely turns the ball over at all. He grabs board, he is ok on defense , he has his moments on the good and bad.

Just because he isn't playing that well does not mean he can't be very good somewhere else playing a bigger role which he deserves a shot at.

not saying hes a bad player. But clearly brown/hayward/rozier are suffering from taking minutes/shots away from eachother. And if you are going to get rid of one of the three Rozier is the odd man out as his contract is up at the end of the year.

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 09:54:10 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

I don't think his value has lowered because of his play but because of his contract situation (expires in 6 months, huge pay increase on horizon, risk of losing player).

I think Ainge will only get partial value in return for Rozier because of that. Not Rozier's performance this season - which has been disappointing but hasn't changed my opinion of him as a player at all.

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2018, 10:23:50 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

I have turned on Rozier. Which means I don't believe in him to be a part of the future of the Celtics and neither do I like seeing him on the court, since he's a bad fit with the rest of the team.

I don't have a grudge against Rozier personally. It's perfectly reasonable that he wants more minutes and more shots to establish himself as a starting quality guard. But his rightful ambition isn't in line with what the team desires from him.

I hope Rozier is going to have a great career elsewhere, but he's holding the team back right now.

Overall his lack of ability to create easy shots for himself or others, his bad shot selection and unwillingness to move the ball really is a problem for Rozier to become a good offensive player. He needs to become a smarter player. His athletism, ball handling and shooting stroke aren't the problem.

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2018, 10:27:09 AM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27

not saying hes a bad player. But clearly brown/hayward/rozier are suffering from taking minutes/shots away from eachother. And if you are going to get rid of one of the three Rozier is the odd man out as his contract is up at the end of the year.

Yea Rozier wants to be a scoring guard, which is hurting us a lot

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2018, 10:59:34 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Here's the problem. Lets say you trade Rozier for some pick, and then Kyrie and/or Smart get hurt. Then for the same reasons we're concerned about our center depth right now, we'll be the same way about our guard depth unless you think Wannamaker is legit (I think he's okay). And yeah fortunately we've been relatively healthy with our guards but understandably there is still some concern especially with Kyrie.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2018, 03:24:04 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Rozier's trade value was at a high after the playoffs. The fact that Danny did not trade him tells me he is staying til the end of the season for insurance purposes and depth. His trade value now is definitely at a low and we would probably not get anything but a 2nd round pick for him or maybe a heavily protected first in the future.

What exactly do we think Rozier could net us now or before the All Star Break? I am thinking not a heck of a lot and if Kyrie gets injured again, we would have Smart as our starting PG with nobody to back him up. At least with Rozier getting starter minutes again the drop off would not be as massive(but still painful). He needs starter minutes though to be able to play better it seems.

I say Danny is not trading Rozier before the deadline.

this is roziers last season in boston. agreed. i think he finishes season here.  but who knows DA could pull the trigger.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2018, 03:38:02 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Rozier finishes the year with the Celtics in my opinion.

I'm wondering if there is any other deal possible by the trade deadline?  Will there be a player cut who can do more for the Celtics than our current roster? 

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2018, 04:04:09 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
No

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2019, 10:34:15 PM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
Do you guys think our ceiling is higher with Rozier?

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2019, 10:35:05 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Rozier should have been traded for front court help

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2019, 10:39:13 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Or a packet of chips
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2019, 10:47:04 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Or a packet of chips

Stop making fun of our players.

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2019, 06:05:45 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Kyrie out again, and our insurance plan Rozier comes into play.